Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran into Andi in his sweet black 2006 Z06 just after the Texas Cannonball was winding down. I think we did a 50 punch and we both started at the same time. We were even for a second then when I fully spooled I started pulling on him until we shut down at around 100mph? due to road conditions. Andi said I pulled two cars before I let off. I was at 1.7 bar on race gas in my auto Supra. Based on my recent dyno info where I made 465 rwhp at 1.5 bar unlocked on race gas and 613 rwhp at 2.1 bar unlocked, I was probably making in the area of 520 rwhp (16.8 hp per psi of boost x 2.94 psi = 49.3 hp increase over my 1.5 bar numbers).

That is one sick looking and sounding car for being bone stock from the factory. Nice ride Andi.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
fencekey said:
Ran into Andi in his sweet black 2006 Z06 just after the Texas Cannonball was winding down. I think we did a 50 punch and we both started at the same time. We were even for a second then when I fully spooled I started pulling on him until we shut down at around 100mph? due to road conditions. Andi said I pulled two cars before I let off. I was at 1.7 bar on race gas in my auto Supra. Based on my recent dyno info where I made 465 rwhp at 1.5 bar unlocked on race gas and 613 rwhp at 2.1 bar unlocked, I was probably making in the area of 520 rwhp (16.8 hp per psi of boost x 2.94 psi = 49.3 hp increase over my 1.5 bar numbers).

That is one sick looking and sounding car for being bone stock from the factory. Nice ride Andi.
We need to run sometimes. I have an auto also :)
JPI

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
So Andi is bone stock? And you pulled 2 cars on him? Shouldnt it be alot more?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
JP IMPORTZ said:
We need to run sometimes. I have an auto also :)
JPI

wow there
that would be a fair race :scratch: .... :chicken: ....hhehehehahahahaa

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
i thought he had LG headers? or was that the old car?

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi-Psi said:
So Andi is bone stock? And you pulled 2 cars on him? Shouldnt it be alot more?
We only ran from 50 to 100ish. It would have been much worse had I turned it to full kill. However, I had blown an intercooler hose off earlier in the evening and didn't want to risk it.

And yes, the LG headers were on his previous yellow car. He said he was bone stock.

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Andi's car is bone stock, however, the new Z is a bad bitch! Andi ran [email protected] BONE STOCK in that car at the track, 126 is NO slouch... Congrats to both Beau and Andi!
Peter

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
[email protected] bone stock??? thats bad ass.. it took my buddy jims full bolt ons and a cam to do that in his 01.. 330 rwhp stock.. 430 rwhp with cams.. ran 11.7[email protected] on street tires.. can you imagein what andi's car would do with a cam?
hey andi.. wanna run? im interested to see how many busses you put on me.

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
beau.. im not scared to get stomped.. i just want a fun race:)

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
The race was from a 40 puch, 1st gear for me. We were even through my 1st gear (to 60), in 2nd gear you got about half a car length on me (my 2-3 shift is at 95mph), and in 3rd you got the other 1.5 lengths. You let off two car lengths ahead of me when I shifted to 4th at ~125.. too bad you didn't stay in it longer.

It was fun. BTW, you won anyway (as expected)..... no need for the

...but then that gauge is why I sold my Supra.. :agreed:

Feldman, call me.... my # hasn't changed in 10 years. We'll run sometime.

Andi

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the recap Andi. Your car was very intimidating and I was focusing on making sure you didn't get the jump so I wasn't focusing too much on start speed or anything else, just brake boosting and waiting for your 3rd honk. I'm sure I let off before 125 mph though, I just didn't tap the breaks immediately. That was a 40 mph service road! Regardless, your car is fast, beautiful and mean. I was very impressed.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
White_lightning said:
beau.. im not scared to get stomped.. i just want a fun race:)
D,
I didn't post that link in resonse to your request to race Andi. I was posting it in response to Kyle's comment that I should have pulled him harder.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Andi said:

...but then that gauge is why I sold my Supra.. :agreed:

Sorry for your bad expereinces with your Supra. I've never had to use any excuse. Then again, I just ordered a Tilton clutch and I always keep a drum of race gas in my garage.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Speaking of Supra excuses and reliability, I swear, this motor has 90,000 miles on it and is bone stock and has had a single turbo running 650 rwhp for the last 18,000 miles. Many, many 2-bar pulls and not one single issue (well, it does need valve stem seals). These cars never cease to amaze me. I just ordered 264 cams for when I get the valve stem seals done though.

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
fencekey said:
Thanks for the recap Andi. Your car was very intimidating and I was focusing on making sure you didn't get the jump so I wasn't focusing too much on start speed or anything else, just brake boosting and waiting for your 3rd honk. I'm sure I let off before 125 mph though, I just didn't tap the breaks immediately. That was a 40 mph service road! Regardless, your car is fast, beautiful and mean. I was very impressed.
Thanks, as is yours. Good seeing you again.

Andi

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
donkeypunch said:
Sorry for your bad expereinces with your Supra. I've never had to use any excuse. Then again, I just ordered a Tilton clutch and I always keep a drum of race gas in my garage.
Bad experiences? Nah. I loved that car. Anybody who knows me from the good old days can attest to that.

...but it was time for a change.....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts