Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
mc booster
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok wtf when did the price of 7ms go up past the 1jzs. I was looking at jdm 7ms no trans vs 1jz no trans but ecu and the 7m was more. like 2-$300 more.

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
It's easier to find 1JZs vs JDM 7Ms.

·
Registered
471 Posts
how much are 1jz ?

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
7MGTE Motor alone is usually 1000 or so unless it went up to 1400 or so. But ya, its easier to find a JZ motor because it is in alot of different chassis VS 7MGTE being in 1 chassis. We all knew the pricing wouldn't stay the same, why? Because sooner or later it will be even harder to find a 7MGTE oversea's. Why not just buy a USD 7MGTE and just rebuild it or rebuild the one you have if its fubered.

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
2JZ FTW! :gapteeth:

·
Registered
471 Posts
my 7mgt was 850 ish + shipping. around 1050 total and it turned out to be a brand new head. keep shopping around.

how much is a 1JZ? maybe i should get one

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
Is that what you are doing? What are you doing with the 1jz?
Yes I am going 2j. The 1jz will be up for sale as early as Saturday.

Back in 2004 Mike Urbano and I were sitting around talking. I told Mike that I wanted to build a show worthy, magazine worthy car. I asked what he would recommend and the first thing out of his mouth was "2j". Of course there was a lot more that went into that conversation, but I thought that 2jz-gte was a great idea, and I never stopped thinking that. Even when Nick beat me to it, and even now that it's the hottest thing ever, I still want to go "2j".

My previous Supras were daily drivers and my financial situation wasn't all that great. I'm not rich now, but getting better with every month. And now that downtime isn't really an issue... I am going to do it. My goal is to be all swapped and rollin' 2jz by Vegas.

He hasn't even driven the 1J. IIRR, lol
No I haven't driven it. :p Got a good deal on some 2j parts, and I figure why get it running 1j if I can get it running 2j? Down time is down time right?

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,246 Posts
thing is 2jz is super affordable too these days, I paid 1800 for mine. with all the aristo's going to the trash they are comming down in price... I can get 1jz for even 700$ now with engine and ecu / trans! and thats canadian!

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
thing is 2jz is super affordable too these days, I paid 1800 for mine. with all the aristo's going to the trash they are comming down in price... I can get 1jz for even 700$ now with engine and ecu / trans! and thats canadian!
Damn! That seems a little too affordable. EBay pricing hasn't changed and neither have the major sources (jarco, jhot, venus, driftmotion). Where are u seeing these prices?

·
rip supra, new car soon
786 Posts
Damn! That seems a little too affordable. EBay pricing hasn't changed and neither have the major sources (jarco, jhot, venus, driftmotion). Where are u seeing these prices?
i'd like to know too, for that price it's worth it for me to build another 1j supra.

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
Yes im with Jag and smile.... Where ARE you getting the prices ?

EDIT: ... canadian ebay has some interesting details. Theres a company that ships for free to business addresses don't know is thats to the states also but with some search Im sure theres a hell of a deal out there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts