Supra Forums banner

1701 - 1720 of 1753 Posts

·
Cardinals!
1,547 Posts
Fucking Bright House cable box sparked and died on Monday, killing all HDMI ports in both my Onkyo receiver and Panasonic plasma TV. Both units power on and "work" as long as HDMI isn't being used, otherwise no signal detected through HDMI.

Ordered a used video main board for the TV from a reputable shop.. just installed it, and the TV doesn't even power on with this board. Took it out and put my old board back in.. powers on with no HDMI like before. FML.. time to return it and try another. Onkyo apparently requires all repairs to go through them and from what I've read of those costs, you're better off simply buying a new receiver. Got off the phone with Bright House earlier and filed a property damage claim.. Tuesday appointment to assess damage. All my home theater shit is on battery backups and a line conditioner, so it's not a power supply issue. Defective device owned by the cable company damaged my goods. Thanks Obama.

/vent session.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Fucking Bright House cable box sparked and died on Monday, killing all HDMI ports in both my Onkyo receiver and Panasonic plasma TV. Both units power on and "work" as long as HDMI isn't being used, otherwise no signal detected through HDMI.

Ordered a used video main board for the TV from a reputable shop.. just installed it, and the TV doesn't even power on with this board. Took it out and put my old board back in.. powers on with no HDMI like before. FML.. time to return it and try another. Onkyo apparently requires all repairs to go through them and from what I've read of those costs, you're better off simply buying a new receiver. Got off the phone with Bright House earlier and filed a property damage claim.. Tuesday appointment to assess damage. All my home theater shit is on battery backups and a line conditioner, so it's not a power supply issue. Defective device owned by the cable company damaged my goods. Thanks Obama.

/vent session.
repair it. power issues on tvs aren't hard, fixed a few for a few bucks.

·
Cardinals!
1,547 Posts
repair it. power issues on tvs aren't hard, fixed a few for a few bucks.
Paid $85 for a replacement board that doesn't power on at all compared my no-HDMI board that powers on and can stream wireless video.. returning that for a different one. If that doesn't work out, $350 for a new board from Panasonic. I'm just glad the two power boards and two sustain boards seem to be fine. Definitely repairing it.. the P65VT30 is better than damn near every LCD TV out today, except for perhaps a few top-model OLED 4k TVs that start around $6k. I refuse to buy these curved screens though - a more ridiculous gimmick than 3D or LED 'ambiance' behind-the-tv back lighting. As for the Onkyo.. the tuner & RCA inputs still work, so I may just have an expensive receiver for the garage, and buy a new model for replacement. Trying to get a massive credit on future Bright House cable bills to cover the damages.

·
MKIV intervention needed
2,961 Posts
at least you're not sweden,

Israel is transporting an undisclosed number of Africans to Sweden in a deal brokered by the UN. “Dozens” have already arrived in Sweden. Each is given a $3,500 “grant” by Israel.
Sweden is a tiny nation of only 9.5 million. Already, a shocking 2 million are non-Swedes. Swedes also have one of the lowest birthrates in Europe. About 530,000 are non-European immigrants. In 2013 Muslims rioted in Sweden for a week straight causing massive amounts of damage.
The Interior Ministry said the migrants left for Sweden in the context of a government incentive scheme and were granted $3,500 each upon departure. They are encouraged to leave Israel voluntarily and to promise not to return.
The Jewish Supremacists argue that having non-Jews in Israel “threatens the Jewish nature of the state.”
“If we don’t stop their entry, the problem that currently stands at 60,000 could grow to 600,000, and that threatens our existence as a Jewish and democratic state,” Netanyahu said.

·
Cardinals!
1,547 Posts
Well, at least Israel knows what it needs to do to keep its culture. It's only a matter of time before all of Europe is bowing east 5 times a day. Guarantee once Islam hits voting majority in each country, Sharia will be the law of the land and western culture will be annihilated. Multiculturalism only exists if all cultures are willing to assimilate into the host country's culture. It's already proven in Europe that a bulk of their Muslims don't give a shit about each nation's current laws/culture.

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,154 Posts
1701 - 1720 of 1753 Posts