Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
BoostAddict4Life
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well, as a couple of you guys know i blew my motor a while ago, melted two pistons. i had over boosted to 16 pounds on a stock headgasket and detonated. needless to say i was more then pissed at myself but i soon got a new motor. i picked up my new motor for 200 bucks hahah yeah i know.

here is a picture of the old block sitting in the car after i ripped off the head.

this was more then a bitch and a half to do it really sucked working on your own car. well soon it was :sadwavey: to the old block. here is a picture of the blown pistons. notice the red circle thats is a peice of the piston i melted. there was anouther larger hold just out of view to on the cylinder on the right.

i had fused my #6 spark plug when it detonated, the compression numbers were 220, 215,217, 218, 180, 165, ouch.... i detonated so hard i even blew the headgasket.

i did the rebuild over about 5 days and man it really stunk. i rebuilt it with a 3mm toyomoto headgasket, arp head studs, redid the oil feed and return. i was kinda going crasy towards the end, i got a pritty funny video of me just babbeling at like 6 am with the sun just comming up after the 3rd all nighter, but ill keep that to myself.

here is the car without the motor in it. here is a tip if anyone else blows a motor and has to do it all themselves. pull the tranny as well, i didnt and it sucked, but leave all the accessories in place on the car unbolt em from the block like what i did.

well i got the car together and with a LOT of help from kean and the boostlogic crew, i owe you guys alot, great guys. and also chris johnson at performance motor sports, i hope you read this, thanks for letting me pick your brain about how to do some things.

anyways so with the new motor in i went and got a shitload of goodies. i swapped my safc2 for at first a emanage, i was going to use the VPC and Emanage combo, but it was plauged with problems, mainly that stupid wire to connect it to tune it. anyways so i ended up going with a map ecu. i was having alot of problems tuning it at first, but i gotta say its the best solution i have found so far for the obd2 issues with 97 na-t. it allows you to tune closed loop fuel as well as open loop.

here is a picture of the car finished and put together.

i got boost logic intercooler pipes, a hks ssqv, a tt radiator other nicks and nacks. i finnally was able to tune it and put it on the dyno.

heres a video please dont rape my server too hard
www.angelfire.com/gamimnon2/dyno.avi

at 18 psi the car pushed 463 rwhp and 403 rwtq. thats highly impressive i think through the stock tt sidemount.

again i want to thank kean and the whole boostlogic crew as well as chris johnson for the advice.

·
no search=pejorative
527 Posts
Need to fix em links buddy. :redxd: :redxd: :redxd:

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
email me the pics and vid...ill host them for you

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
gamimnon said:
at 18 psi the car pushed 463 rwhp and 403 rwtq. thats highly impressive i think through the stock tt sidemount.

Damn, you got some amazing skills :bigthumb:

463rwhp is amazing. Must be insanely fun to drive now.

·
Registered
101 Posts
pics would be better if the bay wasnt so grimey

·
BoostAddict4Life
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Deltaa00 said:
pics would be better if the bay wasnt so grimey
wasnt so grimey? wtf... guess you have never had to deal with a car with enough modifications or miles to even blow a motor hu..,.. :rolleyes:

G

·
so wait, did you put a whole new engine in?(like block and head) or just replace the block but keep the old head?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts