Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best blow off valve in terms of sound. I like the HKS Super Sequential but i'm not sure if there any blow off valves louder than that. Let me know

·
Registered
249 Posts
i have a greddy bov i used for like 2 months. I also live in broooklyn... if u want tell me where u live and i will see wat i can do... if u live close to me prolly i come by and show u my wrecked car that is in the process of fixing.... haha
thats the best i can do...
Louis

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I run a HKS SSBOV, no issues, works flawless.

Most will rate a blowoff value by its sound and have no clue what it is actually doning. The louder the better to most.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Top Fuel by far!

most unique sound imho. At low boost (1-5 psi or so) mix the HKS SSQBOV and the sound that the stock bov makes when it's shot (the flutter).

At higher boost, it sounds like a higher pitched SSQBOV.

It's not REALLY loud tho.

And it has a neat blue anodized color to it. I don't think anyone else has it on the mk3 forums :D

Regards,
RK

·
Beat the hell outta tu!!
1,061 Posts
Blitz BOV by far... sounds like a the stocker except 10 times louder. A nice loud rush of air.

I actually just done boosting around inside a parking garage with the top off just listening to that awesome sound and scaring the crap out of people! :D

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
i wasnt aware that the stock BOV made much of a sound at all......is it supposed to loud enough that you are able to hear it? cause i cant hear mine at all.....hmmmmm

·
SuFra TuRvo
1,381 Posts
it does but you can't hear it past the engine noise...then it flutters once you have an aftermarket intake

IdealSupra: by the way, those pictures i owe you on the Blitz DTT....man, freaking digital camera broke on me!!! [email protected]!!! :mad: on top if that, it wasnt even mine!!! :mad: :mad: luckily, my sis has a warranty on it (hopefully, it's covered *cross-fingers*) enough of my probs....LOL

·
Moderator/Troll Slayer
5,894 Posts
HAHAH here is the scoop ... ssqv SUCKS

Tail = Best Performance
Type S Greddy (i hate greddy products) = Sounds the best

I have the Type S........ Works good actualy..... But IMO i would go with the Type S up to 550 RWHP then you may need a bigger BOV becuase you are prob pushing more boost than the Type S can handle.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
s000pra89T said:
it does but you can't hear it past the engine noise...then it flutters once you have an aftermarket intake

IdealSupra: by the way, those pictures i owe you on the Blitz DTT....man, freaking digital camera broke on me!!! [email protected]!!! :mad: on top if that, it wasnt even mine!!! :mad: :mad: luckily, my sis has a warranty on it (hopefully, it's covered *cross-fingers*) enough of my probs....LOL
hey man yeah its all good.....i got it figured out with a little help from some of the other members.....got the safety feature on the emergency brake on, the blue wire cut so the stock alarm works with it, and figured out how to hook up the vacuum hose to boost sensor hose and drilled a hole through the firewale next to the steering column.....works great......the only problem i have with it is the place its mounted i cant see it when im driving because of the windshield wiper knob so the boost gauge is kinda useless haha....oh well its a turbo timer i gotta keep reminding myself of that!

now to fix that coolant leak i have somewhere! sheesh...lol i love this car! :D

oh yeah and by the way my friend has a blitz BOV and it sounds pretty good a nice sharp whistle......doesnt seem late to met.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
top fuel
top fuel
top fuel
top fuel
top fuel
top fuel

top fuel all the way
:D

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
My all time favorite is the HKS Racing. There was a video not too long ago that had a T-51R Black MKIV up against a 351 Mustang w/ spray. That T-51 either had the HKS Racing or the Greddy Type R. Damn that thing sounded sweet.

I have never had a single issue w/ my SSQ. I have had and heard pretty much all of them and at one time or another, sold most of them too. For most people it's the sound. How loud, and it's noise. I've had the Greddy. I've had the Blitz. Greddy was nice but mine for some reason leaked boost like crazy. Didn't know why. The Blitz was just not loud enough for me. Didn't really sound strong enough. My SSQ does not do the flutter that everyone says it does. I have my adjustment screw down pretty far to where it only opens after about 3 or 4 psi and that's enough to not allow the flutter. Absolutely love it. Everyone can bag on it all they want and can argue here or there, but it's really what you like and what works and sounds best to you. :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts