Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to spend around $200-300 on a new cd receiver. Which one would be the best around that price range? and i want one that comes with a cd player

[ May 09, 2001: Message edited by: ET2473 ]

L

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by ET2473:
<STRONG>I'm looking to spend around $200-300 on a new cd receiver. Which one would be the best around that price range? and i want one that comes with a cd player

[ May 09, 2001: Message edited by: ET2473 ]</STRONG>
Don't let someone tell you what's best man, use your own judgement. Read up a little on what numbers are important when choosing a head deck (you can find info on that at crutchfield.com) and then the rest is up to your personal prefrence on looks.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
For that price you can get a pretty nice clarion from crutchfield... Ill never own anything but eclipse for a head unit because I love eclipse... but Clarion makes some pretty good inexpensive head units that sound rather nice... I tend to stay away from the mainstream ones like sony, kenwood, and pioneer.. not really sure why... I think its because they are trying to make their units look too "cool" and "funky" that they sacrifice sound quality.. but thats just my 2 cents.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
personaly i dont like pioneer they make chepo products i think ...
best to get a kenwood great products or a clarion i have had the best luck with them in that price range and the quality is great for a little more alpine is next!
but ill stick with kenwood or clarion!

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I got my Kenwood (forgot model) for about $300 and it's great. It's got dual 4V ouput so the signal is pretty strong and clean. Kenwood's are not that bad for the price. I'd say invest more on the speakers!

J

·
0 Posts
for the price the pioneer 6200 or 7300(the one with cool displays, the one i have) are both excellent the new 50 x 4 mosfet chip is awsome. pair it with some good speakers and you will be really happy!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
to go along with Ranger's comment on pioneer.. to an extent as far as car-audio products go I would agree... but when it comes to home theatre products, especially HDTV's Pioneer makes some incredible stuff.. my pioneer Elite Dvd player and Pioneer HDTV are absolutely awesome.. just thought Id clear that up... not EVERYTHING pioneer makes sucks.

B

·
0 Posts
I have an eclipse head unit and i absolutely love it. never had any problems and the display is fairly simple but cool at the same time. but all of these are just opinion, these is no absolute best.

-matt

I

·
0 Posts
ALPINE is basically the best you will get from Japan..behind Nak, though never experienced with nak

bang for your buck definetly Pioneer

and please if you wanna mod your stereo properly..invest in a decent set of speakers and amp(s)...Amp should be on top of your list after head unit

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
kenwood ,alpine , clarion are great :)
eclipse is the best :D

jvc and panasonik and sony is ok ;)

pioneer i think makes really cheapo stuff and break down usually after a year or so not to add they feel cheap to the touch i have more returns on pioneer than any thing else! :mad:

D

·
0 Posts
Hey if your looking for Alpine or Nakamichi I can get both of them. :) Check out my site with our current stock, and if your looking for anything specific not on my site e-mail me with what you want and I will get a price for you. ;)

T

·
0 Posts
I have the top of the line Alpine and it's OK but not what I expected, I have heard the new JVC Digifine and they sound the balls, also the new Blaupaunkts kick ass, remember you usually get what you pay for, Pioneer in my experience has been pretty damn good, I had the double din pioneer with the cd and cassete and that sounded awesome IMO better than the alpine, It was also over a grand though, If i were you i would look into it and listen to the different ones that are in yourr price range.

·
651 Posts
Reasons to buy Eclipse...

1. Best tuner.

They use a 3 stage ceramic filter instead of a single electronic filter like all other car audio companies. The result is better separation and you'll pickup stations further away.

2. Dual D/A convertors

Eclipse uses dual digital to analog convertors in all their units. They do not use a single 1 bit like everyone else does. The result is better stereo separation because you have a convertor for the left channel and one for the right channel. You are listening to your music in stereo right?

3. Legitimate high output preamp with low resistance.

Their preamps have a minimum of 2.7 volts rated at 220 ohms of resistance. Most units from other companies have their rated preamp voltage tested at 20000 ohms of resistance. That's one-fiftieth the impedence with an Eclipse! You will greatly diminish the "hiss" on your amplifier because of this feature.

4. Best warranty in the buisness

3 years parts and labor. If the piece is still made and in most cases, a new unit is sent to the shop it was installed at for replacement. Easily the best company to deal with and I deal with most of the others!

5. Best anti-theft

If dealer installs it and the unit gets stolen it will not work for the thief EVER!

Hell, If it is installed by a dealer they will even replace it for free. (If it is stolen during the first year.)

There!!!! You have concrete facts that support my "opinion" on why I feel Eclipse is the best headunit to purchase. I am not sitting here telling you that I think it's the best for any other reason than the facts that I have shown you. If you want to purchase a headunit for $200-$300, Eclipse is the best period! Any other unit that you purchase is a compromise and if that's the way you are about your car then you should be driving anything OTHER than a Supra.

Ahh!! I feel much better.

Thomas Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas
210-340-4000

S

·
0 Posts
It will also plug right into a Toyota without a harness adapter, right?

I've had 3 Eclipse head units and I loved them all... I'm going to buy another one soon...

Originally posted by Thomas Kenyon:
<STRONG>Reasons to buy Eclipse...

1. Best tuner.

They use a 3 stage ceramic filter instead of a single electronic filter like all other car audio companies. The result is better separation and you'll pickup stations further away.

2. Dual D/A convertors

Eclipse uses dual digital to analog convertors in all their units. They do not use a single 1 bit like everyone else does. The result is better stereo separation because you have a convertor for the left channel and one for the right channel. You are listening to your music in stereo right?

3. Legitimate high output preamp with low resistance.

Their preamps have a minimum of 2.7 volts rated at 220 ohms of resistance. Most units from other companies have their rated preamp voltage tested at 20000 ohms of resistance. That's one-fiftieth the impedence with an Eclipse! You will greatly diminish the "hiss" on your amplifier because of this feature.

4. Best warranty in the buisness

3 years parts and labor. If the piece is still made and in most cases, a new unit is sent to the shop it was installed at for replacement. Easily the best company to deal with and I deal with most of the others!

5. Best anti-theft

If dealer installs it and the unit gets stolen it will not work for the thief EVER!

Hell, If it is installed by a dealer they will even replace it for free. (If it is stolen during the first year.)

There!!!! You have concrete facts that support my "opinion" on why I feel Eclipse is the best headunit to purchase. I am not sitting here telling you that I think it's the best for any other reason than the facts that I have shown you. If you want to purchase a headunit for $200-$300, Eclipse is the best period! Any other unit that you purchase is a compromise and if that's the way you are about your car then you should be driving anything OTHER than a Supra.

Ahh!! I feel much better.

Thomas Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas
210-340-4000</STRONG>

1 - 16 of 16 Posts