Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
a) search

b- according to studies, apexi has best filtering and power gains, k&n second place

<l><l>

·
FIX-R upper
567 Posts
that was not on cars tho.. but yeah! apexi was the clear winner with a vacum. I would go Apexi easy!!

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
ta da suckas

um yes it was, it was 2 tests, one on car, other how well it filters

<l><l>

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
APEXi, i have it and like it :) I'll go K&N once i go Map ECU :)

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
all I know is that the HK$ one sucks, been known to lose power on newer vehicles

hooking it up to a vacuum cleaner isn't exactly scientific, and the car wasn't ours so the the results are invalid for our car. Only way to really find out is to get all the intakes together, throw em on a car and dyno it each time...

·
way over budget
664 Posts
I think someone should make a custom intake that is a really long twisty 3" ar 4" pipe (whatever fits best) that goes into the cab right in front of the drivers mouth and steals all their air so they run out of oxygen and pass out and die. That way anyone that is stupid enough to go and do everything they read on the forums won't post anymore. plus, if you polished that intake pipe, it would make alot of bling, not only under the hood, but some interior bling also! OOhhhh... and to top it off, don't put a filter on it, it'll suck up more face without one i think.

·
Phantom Flipper
638 Posts
lowbudgettarga said:
I think someone should make a custom intake that is a really long twisty 3" ar 4" pipe (whatever fits best) that goes into the cab right in front of the drivers mouth and steals all their air so they run out of oxygen and pass out and die. That way anyone that is stupid enough to go and do everything they read on the forums won't post anymore. plus, if you polished that intake pipe, it would make alot of bling, not only under the hood, but some interior bling also! OOhhhh... and to top it off, don't put a filter on it, it'll suck up more face without one i think.

Ok, random angry internet user.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well, even though the apexi sound great, I would say K&N. Its too damn dependable and not just that almost everyone here in the mk3 section of the forums has it. Also, the K&N has that big cone filter with the big adapter plate that allows it for a good healthy flow of air to go into turbo. I say go with that, even though after a certain number of miles you got to clean it and such, its still a good filter.

·
i'm slo
255 Posts
lowbudgettarga said:
lol :wtflol:

The apexi, according to tests, came out the cleanest and the most HP gains.. with the K&N in a close second

I personally use the KandN and love it...No problems, and very very very low maintenence compared to a regular air filter...Just take it out, wash it, and re-oil it...Real simple!

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
Skim1040 said:
lol :wtflol:

The apexi, according to tests, came out the cleanest and the most HP gains.. with the K&N in a close second

I personally use the KandN and love it...No problems, and very very very low maintenence compared to a regular air filter...Just take it out, wash it, and re-oil it...Real simple!
apexi IS the best in the tests....but thats not the ONLY reason its the better filter choice.... i know of a bunch of examples where the K&N filter was reoiled and excess oil came off and killed the AFM. this is another reason why the apexi is much better because its a dry filter and needs no upkeep.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you must pass a smog test in California, the best would have to be HKS Super Mega Flow. It's the only one that has been granted an EO# by CARB! The only legal options in California are the HKS and the OEM airbox. Yeah, I know--it sucks!

·
Ludicrous speed! GO!
959 Posts
luckyguy101 said:
If you must pass a smog test in California, the best would have to be HKS Super Mega Flow. It's the only one that has been granted an EO# by CARB! The only legal options in California are the HKS and the OEM airbox. Yeah, I know--it sucks!
Bah, it takes like 30 mins to take the apexi off and throw the stocker back on. Go smog, come back home and take it off again. And that's once every two years, so its worth it.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
luckyguy101 said:
Most K&N FIPK are 50 state legal (INCLUDING the one for our car)

Again, the HKS was found to LOSE power in most tests I have seen, it allows tons of dirt through, and when the foam starts breaking down, guess where it likes to go and cause problems...

·
Banned
531 Posts
i have an HKS, sure it looks good, but it doesnt filter worth crap..

anyone know if an Apexi filter will fit an HKS adapter..?

if not, where can i find one..?

and one last thing, what's the sock side of an N/A AFM..?

ill search after i post this, and remove anything i can find, but if someone could answer those, i'd really appreciate it, thanks...

·
Ludicrous speed! GO!
959 Posts
SykoCerebral said:
i have an HKS, sure it looks good, but it doesnt filter worth crap..

anyone know if an Apexi filter will fit an HKS adapter..?

if not, where can i find one..?

and one last thing, what's the sock side of an N/A AFM..?

ill search after i post this, and remove anything i can find, but if someone could answer those, i'd really appreciate it, thanks...
the adapter comes with the filter

what do you mean by the "sock side of an n/a afm" ?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts