Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Will work for Supra parts
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, quick question. A box of removed, stock parts came along with my newly purchased Supra and I'm a bit curious as to what they all are. My car has a Greedy 3 row fmic installed, among some other basic mods and I'm wondering if these parts were removed for the install.

Without pictures, the best I can describe the parts is - a few clipped and removed metal lines dripping with what looks like some hydraulic oil (brake fluid?). A cylinderical looking tank (accumulator?) with Denso printed on a small label, and what ressembles the appearance of a valve. Does ahy of this stuff sound like something firmilar that would be removed for a fmic installation?

I don't have any manuals for my car yet, otherwise I'd look this stuff up myself. I'm just curious what it is in the box of parts. Thanks! :)

·
4 T's and an X
2,100 Posts
I am guessing the lines are power steering lines. The tank could be the overflow tank for the coolant.

·
Still Sportin' the Twins
245 Posts
TT Tercel said:
The tank could be the overflow tank for the coolant.
I definitely would not describe the stock overflow tank as "cylindrical" by any means. But I also don't know what it could be from an FMIC install... I certainly don't recall removing anything cylindrical in my FMIC install. A few non-FMIC install related cylindrical-like objects I can think of are pressure tank, power steering fluid reservoir, maybe the charcoal canister, and a number of various small actuators.

Post a picture and I'm sure it won't take long to identify the parts.

David

·
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nah, I don't think it's a over flow tank, as it's more like a black, metal, canister. I believe the lines are the old power steering lines, as I've read a few places that power steering must be relocated with the big fmic's. I will snap some pictures tomorrow and post them. Charcoal canister might be possible. Pressure tank for the turbos? Wouldn't that effect the spool up of the turbos? Boy, do I ever sound like a newbie! I'm no stranger to turbo cars, but still learning (re-learning) with my new Supra.

·
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see. My car still has the stock twins. I can only assume they are sequential at this time. I'll know as soon as it rains and the roads are clean.

·
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Nope, definitely not a fuel filter. I couldn't wait till tomorrow so curiousity got the best of me.

Here are some pictures -

The box of goodies.

All this stuff looks like it's parts and pieces for the power steering system, but if it is, what replaced it on my car? The last item looks like an electric pump to me. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
538 Posts
ahh, easy one. Traction control pump was removed. I just did that mod recently, since traction control is useless and my trac ecu was removed by the previous owner. You just shaved 20lbs off the front of your car. (all of those pictures are traction control related). You see the big area on the driver's side of your engine compartment near the brake master cylinder/resevoir. Now you can reach your oil filter from the top.

-Corey

1 - 11 of 11 Posts