Supra Forums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

· stop-lame-signatures.com
789 Posts
ChicagoSupra said:
We should all take the streets of a big road around the chicago land area. I live in naperville and would like to get about 10+ supras driving behind each other, next to each other....I think that would look so cool and dominating....especially if you are the guy driving the SUV in the opposite lane =)
We already do this every weekend with 20+ cars, but not all of them are Supras, but they're all GT cars (RWD/AWD coupes and even certain sedans like the STi/EVO). BTW, all Supras are REAL Supras, MKIVs just happen to be the LAST ones, that's all.

Check us out over at JGTCA.com. If you join up you can even see the video from last weekend... it's dope and totally pwns most cruises I can think of in all of Chicagoland. :)

lateRZ

· Premium Member
884 Posts
PhlypSide said:
It didn't look soo bad to me :) BTW, nice driving and thanks for coming out to the meet! :)

lateRZ
Gah it's terrible. And it makes so much noise when I drive. I won't be driving it for about 3 weeks I'm guessing. When I went to pick it up today, Ivan said he faxed HKS and they'll call me with the price and when the parts will come in. :( I got pretty screwed over with this exhaust. As long as it gets fixed, I'm a happy happy camper. It just sucks that my car is gonna be down just as the weather's warming up.

789 Posts
Ascari_2 said:
Dammit when are all my parts going to get here!!!
When you buy a Toyota you get a (real) car.

When you buy a Toyota Supra you get a REALLY nice car.

When you convert your Toyota Supra to a single turbo you get a hobby. :)

Enjoy the single turbo experience, and let's hope you don't sell it after you get everything dialed in!!!

lateRZ

789 Posts
cargasmic said:
Gah it's terrible. And it makes so much noise when I drive. I won't be driving it for about 3 weeks I'm guessing. When I went to pick it up today, Ivan said he faxed HKS and they'll call me with the price and when the parts will come in. :( I got pretty screwed over with this exhaust. As long as it gets fixed, I'm a happy happy camper. It just sucks that my car is gonna be down just as the weather's warming up.
Awww sorry to hear all this mess is goin on with your exhaust :( it's such a simple thing to fix I'd think, perhaps a trip to a local muffler/exhaust shop would be quicker?

Well if you want to come out to the meets come with a friend/friends, or ride with one of us!

lateRZ

· Premium Member
884 Posts
PhlypSide said:
Awww sorry to hear all this mess is goin on with your exhaust :( it's such a simple thing to fix I'd think, perhaps a trip to a local muffler/exhaust shop would be quicker?

Well if you want to come out to the meets come with a friend/friends, or ride with one of us!

lateRZ
That's what Gary thought too! He said he would just weld me a new hanger.. until they looked at the car [good, this time] and noticed there's quite a few little parts missing (some springs, hanger .. etc) I'm out of town for the weekend. Expecting some nice pics posted up on the jgtca forum when I get home!! lol The weather is looking great for this weekend.

· Registered
3,051 Posts
PhlypSide said:

Enjoy the single turbo experience, and let's hope you don't sell it after you get everything dialed in!!!

lateRZ

The only reason why I'd sell it would be if I all of a sudden went broke. This is my baby and here to stay for a looong time. I still have my first ever car sitting in the garage next to the Supra, the MR2. Had it for 7 years.

· Scuzi!
4,123 Posts
I`m down for a cruise shieeeeeet we do it every Saturday chance we get!

Nicole (right?) sorry to hear about all that trouble going thru w/your exhaust you`d think they`d initially give you all those parts needed for a smooth install. I hope you get that sorted out right away and have a good trip.

Guys if you`re into GT cars/meeting up/cruising and such then check out -> www.JGTCA.com

:)

· Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
cargasmic said:
That's what Gary thought too! He said he would just weld me a new hanger.. until they looked at the car [good, this time] and noticed there's quite a few little parts missing (some springs, hanger .. etc) I'm out of town for the weekend. Expecting some nice pics posted up on the jgtca forum when I get home!! lol The weather is looking great for this weekend.
Well hopefully you will have it soon enough. Any ETA on when they will have it all together? Hope it all works out.

· Super Moderator
1,900 Posts
PhlypSide said:

lateRZ
I couldn't of said it better myself. I'm in no rush to go single turbo.

789 Posts
Ascari_2 said:
The only reason why I'd sell it would be if I all of a sudden went broke. This is my baby and here to stay for a looong time. I still have my first ever car sitting in the garage next to the Supra, the MR2. Had it for 7 years.
That's good to hear bro :) but historically (especially here in Chicago) the odds are against you, we've seen alot of Supra owners come and go after they go single turbo... it's not the "magic performance bullet" that an owner can just "set and forget"... constant care and proper feeding are the order of the day! :)

I'm glad there are two Toyotas at your house :) keep 'em safe and out of the hands of t3h ricers! heheh

Hope to see you at one of the meets again soon!

lateRZ

· Supra or Nothing
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I think around June would be amazing! As for the location, it doesn't really matter to me, I was thinking of a central location where everyone would be happy driving to. Maybe we could all cruise around, show off our supras and then have a nice lunch or observe/talk about supras?? Any suggestions would be great....let's get this meet going!

· Registered
3,051 Posts
Some time back we had a great meet which took us starting in the sw burbs going up 55, through downtown, on the lake shore drive, then a stop over at the belmont harbor, then up north through the winnetka area, and back west. If you guys are interested in this I am sure I can plan the route. If anyone would like to help they would be more then welcome to.

789 Posts
You guys are welcome to meet up with us as we cruise the northern portion of that route almost EVERY weekend...

Here's some video from last weekend to give you a better idea of what the club and the drive is like...

Click Here to Download (~14.8MB WMV) (You'll have to download and rename the video--remove the .nostream extension)

Thanks again to all the members who came out and made it into the video, and thanks to 303/Elf/Rayn again for filming/production!!!!

lateRZ

· Scuzi!
4,123 Posts
The aspect ratio was initially 16.9 in AVI format but the WMV conversion messed it up. Next time I`ll convert it myself and hopefully solve that problem.. keep the size low, quality good and aspect ratio! The WMV lost a bunch of clarity in video and audio.

· 1jz-gte motivation
953 Posts
Ascari, I say go for the gold. 55 is my favorite interstate(no construction or tolls). A chicago cruise is a must...Maybe Naperville too depending on the time of day. Let me know.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.