Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the Colver Shop has done it again folks, It has helped another supra return to life after a bunch of failed seals and belts, and found another supra owner happy with the out come and looking to join the SF group in meeting and greeting.

The Worked done to the car took many many hours of cussing and swaring and banged up knuckles, but over all happy with the out come:
I charged for all of this: Labor plus parts:
the car was running really rough and not boosting right. Idling was off.
Work done: Type of car 93.5 black Hard top TT 6 Spd 121,23x on the ODo owned by Bob pahlmer.... really good guy.

Time belt
Tensioner
timebelt pully- tentioner one- can't remember that reall name
cam seals
crank seals
valve cover gaskets
Plugs, coil packs
hoses
Engine clean... looks pretty again.
Fuel filter
Comression check around 150 across the board + or _ a few points.

Here is what I found when starting on the work: I did all this for free to get her looking awsome again ( i couldn't let her leave my shop looking like this):
1. Zip ties and back yard fixes....poor supra...
2. lock tie seal goo on the treads of the fuel filter, gave him a new fuel line with new threaded ends, because it looked like the other guy used vise grips to tighten the thing.
3.missing bolts and screws that keeps brackets on... replace with new shiny ones.. all matching. :) ( around 50 new ones)
4. Bad piping .. cracks and broken replaced with new... Fixed boost issue.
5. getto intake, home depot style. got HKS pipe that I had laying around, gave him that for free.
6. Enige all dirty.. worst I have ever seen. Power washed with boiling water Low PSI setting and grease remover. Now she is ready for a good date. :) hahahah
7. Old manual boost controller from my DSM GST, I gave him. now boosting to 15.7

Over all took me the hole weekend. But she is now boosting happy and he is thrilled to be drive a car with life again. :)

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and forgot to mention he is wingless..... Hey Guys he tells me that at 80 or so he feels like the ass end is all over the place? does this happen to wingless guys?

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,934 Posts
Dang nice work! You want to change a clutch on a 98 subaru impreza? :)

You put locktight on the fuel filter threads? Won't that make it really hard to remove in the future?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DrMike said:
Dang nice work! You want to change a clutch on a 98 subaru impreza? :)

You put locktight on the fuel filter threads? Won't that make it really hard to remove in the future?
I never worked on a subaru before, but I here they are a bitch!!!

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well just got off the phone with the owner of the car I worked on, he was so happy with the way the car turned out, that he is sending me 100$ cash.... WHAO!!!!!!!!!... Trust me it was a night and day difference. :) That is awsome went people really apreccate(spell) someones work. :) plus made me feel good and strated off my day great. :)

·
4,934 Posts
zerorecall said:
Well just got off the phone with the owner of the car I worked on, he was so happy with the way the car turned out, that he is sending me 100$ cash.... WHAO!!!!!!!!!... Trust me it was a night and day difference. :) That is awsome went people really apreccate(spell) someones work. :) plus made me feel good and strated off my day great. :)
you did all that for $100?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hell no, I charged alot!!!!( about 10% lower then a normal shop, so I was a good deal to him all the way around.) the 100 was on top of everything else. :)
Dr mike I am like you, I make money off of people being screwed !!!!!! hahahah, No, J/k I charge reasonalbe rates. :)

·
4,934 Posts
zerorecall said:
Hell no, I charged alot!!!!( about 10% lower then a normal shop, so I was a good deal to him all the way around.) the 100 was on top of everything else. :)
Dr mike I am like you, I make money off of people being screwed !!!!!! hahahah, No, J/k I charge reasonalbe rates. :)
:lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts