Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
bimmer girl
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys.. I havn't driven the supra since the mt run.. so I decided today I was going to take the supra out for a drive.. well I started it and this is what it sounds like....

·
bimmer girl
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It only sounds like this is reverse or in drive.. tranny maybe?

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
well, from the sound i collected from the video, it doesnt sound like rod knock, sounds almost like a weird exhaust noise. was that video taken with like a photo camera or something, the sound quality makes it hard to hear exactly what it is. any way to take a better video and maybe with the engine open and revving it a little bit? does it sound like its coming from the engine if you stick your head close to it?

·
bimmer girl
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah a camera phone... it sounds like its coming from under the engine bay

·
bimmer girl
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried to do another one.. although my phone is being gay and wont send it.. but when I was in neutral and I tried to rev it just a bit.. the car like wouldnt let me and it was like trying to stall out on me...

·
Go Getter!
365 Posts
Hard to tell w/the video man...

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
It kinda sounds like rod knock to me. Was the idle kinda high as you just started it when it was cold?

You might want to try and pull one coil pack wire at a time and see if the noise (knock) changes or goes away.

I hope that it is not knock.:x:

Lawrence

·
bimmer girl
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sell that damn thing! :D
I guess you have followed all the problems?? lol.. but seriously why sell.. how do I know the next one wont have the same problems.. atleast if I fix this one.. I know whats been done.. who did it.. and if im ever ready to sell.. the new owner will have all new parts :D

·
bimmer girl
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well.. if its the tranny.. we are going built.. but I dont think im going boost logic.. I think im going to have batlground custom build the tranny..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts