Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I need your help plz

I am in the way to buy a 2JZ-GTE for my project (drag race car) and I need some info in the 2JZ engine before I buy one

1- is the supra 2J Jap. ver (gray top) have same space of the Aristo V300 or GS300 Jap. ver (bule top) not VVTi.

2- I can found here in my place a Aristo 2JZ engine for good price put the problem is that it came only with auto Tranny so:
Can I by it and convert to manual with using a 1JZ-GTE parts (Tranny, Flywheel and clutch....etc)

thanks for help guys

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not sure about the trans and specs but I do know that the oil pans and sump are very different when you compare Supra and Aristo. Aristo pan is located more forward and has a 45-degree clearance/slant stamped into the front of the pan. Supra is located more centered when measuring front to rear and does not have the 45-degree slant....different shape.

I'm almost certain that if you post in the Australian board, they'll know the differences straight away.

My $0.02

·
!black
4,625 Posts
Both 2JZ motors are the same size overall. The big differences in an aristo 2JZ vs. Supra 2JZ are:

1) Motor mounts (rubber vs. solid, located farther forward)
2) Alternator (round plug vs. rectangle plug)
3) Oil pan/pickup (front mount vs. rear mount)
4) Waterpump (hydro fan vs. clutch fan)

You can run 1JZ equipment on a 2JZ block. They are the same basically. Or, you can run 2JZ equipment obviously.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THANKS GUYS FOR YOUR HELP

SO THERE IS NO DIFF. IN THE PERFORMANCE PARTS LIKE:

INJECTOR SIZE

CAM DUR.

TURBOS SIZE

HP POWER

THANKS

·
Registered
946 Posts
I think the aristo is rated at 260 and the supra is at 280 HP.
inj size are the same and the turbos too don't know about the cam dur.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts