Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) Someone was talking about buying only American no matter what, and bitching crazily at buyers of foreign cars. I had some thoughts on that and other things. P.s. I own a Z06 and used to own Supras/m3's ect.

2) Aside from the ZR1, Z06, CTS-V, Vipers, Ford GT, and a few SRT products american cars are mostly sh#t. Why on earth do you think the american cars companies are failing. The vast majority of japanese and german cars have been higher quality and better cars for 30 years. We should go buy american just for the sake of it? Isn't it the American way to have the freedom to buy whatever you want? The best product? When the WORTHLESS auto unions are raping the businesses and paying people 80$/hour to do manual labor, lol
3) After the chosen one finishes running the country into the toilet it won't matter anyways. It took 200 years to get 5 trillion in debt, ans in 1 year of Obamas budget, that will jump to almost 10 trillion! After 4 years of that rate our money will be worthless, absolutley worthless. Inflation will skyrocket. Unemployment wil be double digits or worse. It will get alot worse and magnified when the 40% tax rate kick in. Imagine all the small businnesses that have 5-15 employees. When the owner gets taxed to hell, hes going to cut 25% of his workforce. Unemployment will skyrocket. GM and Chrysler are done anyways, but after 4 years of racking up debt that will be impossible to pay back, the US credit rating will be crap as well. We are headed to a depression folks, and one that the US dollar has no value in. We use the dollar in exchange for goods. When its worthless, goods will not trade hands. Keep your guns if you have them, I see martial law/ states succeeding if this keeps up. All this is without mandatory healthcare factored in. Once Obama forces hospitals to treat people for no money on non-emergencies for free with no payment, it will force most hospitals to close. The fools that were blinding by their hatred of Bush, on CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE, were too stupid to realise what they were asking for. The change their getting is the rotting of the american way of life. A life that took generations to build. Is being destroyed in a few short years. I hope i'm wrong, but this is probably God's way of saying bleep you, after 30 years of democrats pushing and pushing and pushing. The country has become at least half crap.

·
Banned
4,495 Posts
2) Aside from the ZR1, Z06, CTS-V, Vipers, Ford GT, and a few SRT products american cars are mostly sh#t.
Jaguar?

3) After the chosen one finishes running the country into the toilet it won't matter anyways. It took 200 years to get 5 trillion in debt, ans in 1 year of Obamas budget, that will jump to almost 10 trillion!
It's already at $10tr. Was at that before Obama even got in the door.

The biggest threat to mass production/engineering is inefficient paperwork and procedural processes. That's where Toyota kills every other car manufacturer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jaguar?

It's already at $10tr. Was at that before Obama even got in the door.

The biggest threat to mass production/engineering is inefficient paperwork and procedural processes. That's where Toyota kills every other car manufacturer.

Yo, there are exceptions on the cars i know. I was looking at those number on nbc, there is a huge deficit projected in this years budget, worst since WW2.

·
Registered
572 Posts
There were a lot of decent American cars, but the price points were harder to hit. Whether that was because of stupidity, unions, whatever who knows.

Yeah, the golden boy is a retard. He's already broken a number of his campaign promises, and his hope and change motto for the masses is laughable now. Instead of cinching in and capping spending to pay down the deficit he's worse then 3 Bushs on spending.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Kind of easy to blame Obama for Bush' mistakes and years of failing business models eh?

GM and Chrysler had it coming. Sales already dropped for years, but they still think that every american should drive a shit car with a big V8... and now when the shit hits the fan they all of a sudden need money to keep the business up and running.

And about Obama - Bush... it was Bush' idea to give every american a big mortgage to buy their own house, even when they couldn't pay it. Put those mortgages in a nice fancy package, and let investors buy them. There's your creditcrunch.

You guys had it coming, and now it's up for the rest of the world to not let the US hit rock bottom. Hopefully some americans would consider saving up money instead of buying stuff on credits all the time, as that is your root problem.

I'm curious to see what the US will have to give China in return for them buying US Obligations :)

·
Registered
572 Posts
Kind of easy to blame Obama for Bush' mistakes and years of failing business models eh?

GM and Chrysler had it coming. Sales already dropped for years, but they still think that every american should drive a shit car with a big V8... and now when the shit hits the fan they all of a sudden need money to keep the business up and running.

And about Obama - Bush... it was Bush' idea to give every american a big mortgage to buy their own house, even when they couldn't pay it. Put those mortgages in a nice fancy package, and let investors buy them. There's your creditcrunch.

You guys had it coming, and now it's up for the rest of the world to not let the US hit rock bottom.

I'm curious to see what the US will have to give China in return for them buying US Obligations :)
Actually that started in the mid-90's with changes to the CRA and the HUD director.

·
I love sequentials!
2,578 Posts
Dude, stick to info about your own country :wtcslap:

Bush had nothing to do with starting the mortgage crisis

You guys had it coming, and now it's up for the rest of the world to not let the US hit rock bottom. Hopefully some americans would consider saving up money instead of buying stuff on credits all the time, as that is your root problem.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts

The problem with most of us americans is that we sometimes have exteme difficulty seeing the big picture and we are a "want it now" nation..hence credit issues and massive personal debt. We are, seemingly more than most countries, all about $ and could care less what the after effects are, be it other countries or even ourselves (apparently).

GM and Chrystler was nothing more that blind arrogance. I almost laugh at their failure and stupidity.

But..most are always looking for something, or someone to blame.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Dude, stick to info about your own country :wtcslap:

Bush had nothing to do with starting the mortgage crisis
Why should I stick to info about my own country? Fact is that when the US economy crashes the world economy crashes and we all have something to say about that.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts

Why should I stick to info about my own country? Fact is that when the US economy crashes the world economy crashes and we all have something to say about that.
again thats the problem with "us".
If you notice, everyones lighting obama up because of his desicions (and yeah..some of em seem pretty damn far fetched) and hopes he fails...wich is pretty ignorant, because if he does...its not going to be good and it will affect so many people.

·
Registered
23 Posts

It was Bill Clinton with his Democratic congress in 1992 that forced "Fannie Mac" to loosen their credit policies inorder to get lower class people into homes. Bush went to congress many times about "Fannie Mac", warning of a housing bubble.

http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/hotproperty/archives/2008/02/clintons_drive.html

http://www.pointofview.net/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=7041

·
Registered
262 Posts
again thats the problem with "us".
If you notice, everyones lighting obama up because of his desicions (and yeah..some of em seem pretty damn far fetched) and hopes he fails...wich is pretty ignorant, because if he does...its not going to be good and it will affect so many people.
To get the US out of the shit it is currently and heading for, some drastic measures will have to be taken imho. I wouldn't be surprised if at one point the government starts taxing fuel for example. Even if it's only 10c a litre, they'll get big money from it.

And on the other hand, I don't think that any republican president can do anything different than what Obama is doing and going to do. Drastic issues ask for drastic measures imo.

·
Registered
770 Posts
3) After the chosen one finishes running the country into the toilet it won't matter anyways. It took 200 years to get 5 trillion in debt, ans in 1 year of Obamas budget, that will jump to almost 10 trillion!
is that blaming Obama for the current situation? I'm not an economist, but the stage for this massive collapse/over-correction was being set years ago. Sure, you could just let it all fall down and marvel at how wonderful capitalism is without intervention. But maybe if you spend now, you could avoid the very long rebuilding process and all the pain and suffering caused to the people who happened to work for someone that tanked. I'd also think that if you collapse majorly, when the rebuild is done you'd have created ultra-mega-fuck-off-rich people who were the ones that had the means to buy up everything that anyone was trying to sell to get a bit of income - and just widened the have-have not gap.

We are headed to a depression folks, and one that the US dollar has no value in. We use the dollar in exchange for goods. When its worthless, goods will not trade hands.
I can assure you, if your dollar tanks in relation to mine, goods will trade hands, it will suck for the importers, but the exporters will be trading more than they can keep up with.

All this is without mandatory healthcare factored in. Once Obama forces hospitals to treat people for no money on non-emergencies for free with no payment, it will force most hospitals to close.
yeah, because no country could get by with a good public healthcare system propped up by private money when you want the little extra niceties and elective treatments?

I think many Americans are just so used to their system, and the "USA all the way!" type mantra that suggests your normal way is the best way - and so assume that it actually is the best way. It isn't always.

(i'd assumed nearly every govt would tax fuel, we certainly do)

·
Passion Driven
1,689 Posts
Proper healthcare seems to work quite well here in Euroland, so why wouldn't it work in the US...
Could you elaborate? It's been a broad opinion/fact cast from conservatives that Universal Healthcare is a nightmare.

Wondering if we could get an opinion/info from someone who's experienced it for a while...

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts

·
V,B
655 Posts
Could you elaborate? It's been a broad opinion/fact cast from conservatives that Universal Healthcare is a nightmare.

Wondering if we could get an opinion/info from someone who's experienced it for a while...
the fact that us Americans pay more and get less for health care is pretty cool. I just love paying for a Ferrari at a dealer and then drive home a Ford. the fact that we're the only nation in the world without universal healthcare is pretty cool as well. more money spent on private health insurance companies is way better than less money spent on taxes, because we just love paying high costs.
oh, and dealing with HMO is just FUN!! don't you love it when they drop you from insurance or receive a denial letter?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts