Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
2005 LP640
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well go in to toyota today to check out the supposed leaks on my car (apparently 20+)

Anyways, midway through talking with the toyota tech, he mentions my dump tube. The following sentence took all my might from not busting out laughing.

Toyota Tech: "When that dump tube dumps it's gonna be just flames and you're gonna ignite your car on fire"

Me: :wtf:

Toyota Tech: "You know the dump tube is illegal?"

Me: :hahano:

Apparently he didn't notice half the "illegal" shit on my car. 99% of that car isn't street legal anymore.

Just wanted to share my chuckle with you guys today :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
i think i would of laughed and said well what else is illegal on my car, i just got it care to help me out :D then laugh out loud as he is talking

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
I sold my car to this guy, and we were talking about the mods... Then he asked me if it needed to be tuned, should he just take it to Toyota... HEHEHHEHEHE! Yeah, take it to Toyota and see what they say... Nah, seriously, I told him to make sure he finds a reputible shop, one with a dyno and tunes hi-po cars... He lives in south Florida, so Im sure there are lots down there...

They dont tech them aftermarket stuff, just by the book stuff...

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
lol. My mentor is a master diag. tech for toyota, he loves modding cars on the side, and all he does is rag me on my car. "you're car is a piece of shit, you should sell and buy a decent car... ect"

do NOT ever be suprised to be hassled by Toyota Tech's. Most have the mentality that "stock is best." Some are awesome as hell though, for instance, i just met a regional service rep. from toyota yesterday. guy had to be at least 60 years old. he's been with toyota for about 30 of those. He road races and auto crosses. he has like 5 toyotas ( celicas and MR2's) that he modifies and races with. Seriously the coolest toyota associate i've ever met! I still can't beleive this old grandpa in a celica rippin it up and getting his adreniline flowing. :lol:

so... this toyota tech... by "dump tube" did he mean the wastegate tube or something? i've never heard the term Dump Tube referred to as dumping flames... and... whenever it does open.. you'll most likely be moving.... and its not like its on a fuel line or something....

·
2005 LP640
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jong said:
lol. My mentor is a master diag. tech for toyota, he loves modding cars on the side, and all he does is rag me on my car. "you're car is a piece of shit, you should sell and buy a decent car... ect"

do NOT ever be suprised to be hassled by Toyota Tech's. Most have the mentality that "stock is best." Some are awesome as hell though, for instance, i just met a regional service rep. from toyota yesterday. guy had to be at least 60 years old. he's been with toyota for about 30 of those. He road races and auto crosses. he has like 5 toyotas ( celicas and MR2's) that he modifies and races with. Seriously the coolest toyota associate i've ever met! I still can't beleive this old grandpa in a celica rippin it up and getting his adreniline flowing. :lol:

so... this toyota tech... by "dump tube" did he mean the wastegate tube or something? i've never heard the term Dump Tube referred to as dumping flames... and... whenever it does open.. you'll most likely be moving.... and its not like its on a fuel line or something....
Dump tube= Wastegate tube that dummps to atmosphere.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
jong said:

There's something to be said about old school. New hi-tech is good but a lot is lost in the translation of the basics and old school tricking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts