Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 408 Posts

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is my build thread. The never ending mod Story!!!

I used to live in SOCAL and was a poor college student that loves going clubbing. I used to have to valet my car in the hollywood clubs. (required in hollywood)

This was my 2nd car... First was an 87 supra ...wait..it is NOT a supra...an 87 mk3 NA AUTO....

1987 Accord LXi which i mobbed to the clubs lol I valet that baby!!!

When I graduated from college, I decided I deserve to treat myself out to a nice car for once. I first thought of a FD since I always loved them...but after looking at a few and finding hella problems...i decided to look for a supra....

Started my search for a supra on the forums for over 2 months. And bought the car from Steve in san diego through the forums.

Brought cash down to pay for the baby.... December 23rd, 2005

December 24th, 2005

Did some upgrades here and there the next few years..272 cams....Sold and bought hella parts which explains the trader rating.

Along the way...getting rid of my beloved pimp mobile 87 accord lxi and stealing a 93 rx7 clear title 5spd for 4k...which i daily drove for 1 year and resold it in 2 days for 8200.

On March 6th, 2008, the infamous slut, Kip AKA Wrenchwhore, went with me to my 2nd dyno tune after I had installed an AEM Meth Kit (no meth in tank and not hard wired in). The dude must be CURSED since he never drives his low mileage supras ever and I think the wrenchslut put some voodoo shiet on my car. Along the way to the dyno with Wrenchie riding shotgun, he did some abracadabra shiet and caused it to run lean and next thing i know the car died. The valves bent, banishing me to the curse of the wrenchwhore supras and my new friendship with the flat beds...

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
March 6th , 2008

So the next 12 months was all about saving money and buying parts. With the help of Vex motorsports, homie Shane aka DNSL, Phil aka MRSPEC of SPOOLINPERFORMANCE, ANGIE BOLLA from Dave's Machining, Newark, Garrett aka GME2001, BORIS AKA BOHOR, BERT AKA BOOSTADDCTN, and ESPECIALLY Sheep aka CUMMINS, the car was almost ready to roll again!

Built Head with Supertechs. Found out that the head wasnt "Built" like the previous owner said it was. He only changed to some aftermarket valve springs. So I had to have everything replaced and new shimless buckets. Yes.. So more money!!!

Got rid of my T88H turbo cause Cummins was talking shit all the time about it..and got a GT4202.

Then got a Hypertune Manifold due to MAD Shit talking by Mr. Cummins about my "stock intake manifold", I couldnt handle anymore of the sheepness and bought myself a hypertune manifold AFTER I have sold my FD and got my DB7 (integra sedan 01 to daily).

That was when the nightmare began.. You can read all about it in link on my signature.

Which of course.... caused me to miss my scheduled dyno........

Then found out that the GT4202 was damaged when I bought it from the seller. Showed the seller the pics and he gave me full refund. A standup guy.

Then the new Billet 67s came out with new dyno results... So I ordered that turbo.

6 months of waiting for the turbo to come in. (Long story, it is all good)...

Copied Troll's painted fan. Looks good! Thanks Troll.

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So I started buying more parts..

1. R2 Bushings.
2. TRD Tach
3. C's Short Shifter
4. TRD Sway Bars.
5. New Downpipe to fit the 6765
6. TTC/MVP Subframe Brace.
7. JDM Glovebox to replace the passenger side airbags.
8. TTC catch can with all braided lines.
9. Sold my Torinos and upgraded to some EVO 9 seats
10. Shine Auto Rear Diffuser.
11. MD mini Lip Spoiler
12. Ridox Front Fenders..
13. Do Luck Rear Overfenders...
14. ADVANSPORT TIRES
15. DPE S20s Black on Black STEPPED LIP
16. Momo Steering Wheel
17. Do Luck Rear Cross Bar (I have the Sparco Harness too and I am gonna attempt to make both work)
18. Mint Speed Ti TRD spec Strut bar

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got them mounted at Wheel Techniques in Santa Clara = $80 bucks. Man they were surprised that the 3 out of the 4 wheels and tires DID NOT REQUIRE any weight! They havent seen that ever at all. The 4th wheel only needed a very small weight.

The wheels are 25lbs on the front and 26 lbs on the rears. Pretty damn light for my specs.

Mockup with overfenders

Supra Prowler ;P

The Inspiration came from Curtis aka MyKarlisVicious, KEN HENDERSON, and a little bit of that WRENCHSLUTNESS.

New pics coming up in a few days.

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Car will be painted......

LAMBO BALLOON WHITE!! Thanks Curtis!!!

And thanks to all the 100+ people that brought items from me and sold stuff to me. Without u guys, this thing can not HAPPEN!! ;P

·
Is it turbo? Is it stick?
4,560 Posts
nice! i was curious about your car when i saw your sig pic and wanted to check out your wheels too. surprise shout out to me in the thread too, haha... wasn't expecting that.
good luck with getting things together, looks like you're doing good work.

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
OoooOo I can't wait. Is Calmex doing it?

I'm so tempted to go white.

·
19x10 +21 F 19x12 +28 R
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it is at calmex right now curtis.

Thanks Troll. my engine bay will not be painted due to funds ;-( Maybe in the future it will look cleaner and maybe dont embarrass myself next to ur car.

·
Pays Cash, No Questions
2,308 Posts
I love to read stories like this - really shows your dedication to your car/hobby. Please update us with some pictures of the paint/bodywork.

·
4,627 Posts
Epic win is big in this thread.

MK3 NA's are most definetly not Supras.

That Accord was fucking clean. But you gotta move on. Sucked ass when i finally got rid of my 280Z to a better home, and got a ES300. :(

·
Registered
143 Posts
After seeing the LP640 at the SPE event I totally fell in love with the color. Balloon white is going to look insanely amazing on a MKIV! I can't wait to see it once everything is complete, sounds like its been a long journey for you thus far. thanks for not giving up despite all the bs you've had to deal with.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
You should have left the car the way it was in Pic #5

I still remember that day on the side of the road.....hence my sig line for the longest time:

Deusdeceptor, racking up the miles one flatbed at a time

But, I'm proud of this shit for sticking with it this long during the resurrection. I don't think I could keep interest long enough to bring something back from the dead after 2 yearls like the Deusman has....props to you, my man!!!!!!! Now, we can go out for pho in style!!!

-Wrench

PS: I missed your call lastnight. I'm in NC on a business trip, and when you called, it was like 2-ish in the morning. I was already checking the eyelids for pinholes.

·
serbian by blood!!!
1,675 Posts
Very nice..

·
Ninja
1,826 Posts
Where can I get a set of do-luck rear overfenders quick??

·
Go Fcuk Your Mother
1,046 Posts
Why didn't you give more tire stretch on the wheels? But your car in the lambo white is going to be real nice.

1 - 20 of 408 Posts