Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a Supra .. running a T88 .. 1/4 mile time ? .. 9.1 seconds

Tuned by Garage Saurus

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
Actually titan hit the 8's when their car was still a 6 speed. But if this car did that time with a T88, that's fucking impressive. How much does it weigh?

P.S. And what's with that crazy turbo clocking? Why would you want that huge kink in your piping? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Got any vids? Where is this car running these times? Any chance to see it at NOPI or NHRA?

·
Premium Member
4,109 Posts
chidoks said:
you are probably refering to just supras right? 'cos a viper holds the 6 speed record
He's still wrong, Titan ran 8.98 before they went to a 'glide

·
Boost Junkie
12,668 Posts
Actually I think the Vipers have run 8.7x now with a 6-speed. I think he has switched to an auto now too and is running 8.2x.

Steve K.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
talltrini10 said:
He's still wrong, Titan ran 8.98 before they went to a 'glide
Titan actually ran 8.90 with the 6 speed, which still stands as the 6 speed record as far as I know.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
chidoks said:
you are probably refering to just supras right? 'cos a viper holds the 6 speed record
What gave it away? The title of this thread..... :stickpoke

Again, like everyone already said TITAN holds the record. What was the owner smoking when he routed the IC piping that way? :dunno:

·
Not associated with ^^
501 Posts
Chucky Doll said:
What gave it away? The title of this thread..... :stickpoke

Again, like everyone already said TITAN holds the record. What was the owner smoking when he routed the IC piping that way? :dunno:
Well he's running a V-mount so I would imagine it may have had clearance issues, considering that it ran a 9.1, I would imagine they knew what they were doing, and it seems quite effective.

·
YA U LOSE ASSHAT
39 Posts
Rviscosi said:
Got any vids? Where is this car running these times? Any chance to see it at NOPI or NHRA?
i would say no to that....car is right hand drive the car in the background still has a japan tag on it......they are probably in japan and that means that 9.1 is at 400 meters (1200 ft) just about 120ft shy of or 1/4 mile so it would run 9.3-9.4 here i guess :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Titan went 8.9 on a 6 spd T88 turbo. Quickest and fastest. This was also done over 2 years ago and as many people know the setup is making a lot more power now even thoug the car is running a glide.

The car above looks very light as well, good looking car, where is it located?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Lots of Advans in the backround, too. Must be japan. :p

Vmount?

If it is a drag car wouldnt an air-liquid IC be prefered anyway?

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
SK VR4 said:
Lots of Advans in the backround, too. Must be japan.
How about the fact that Garage Saurus is a Japanese tuning garage, and the R32 Skyline wearing Japanese plates is showing?

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
Wow - the sarcasm in this thread is thick... I love it. haha

I bet changing plugs is a bitch....

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
As has been said, the quickest was the Titan Supra before going auto. This car is probably one of the 1-2 quickest existing 6-speeds though, along with Ryan Woon, although he does love to go to the track a LOT, I wouldn't be surprised to see to his time drop again soon. :D

The flat out fastest Supra is another story altogether (JUN=249 mph).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts