Supra Forums banner

5961 - 5980 of 6015 Posts

·
Administrator
17,220 Posts
OMG! No words for that...speechless. :sadwavey:

I had just turned 20 years old the week before Imola on May 1, 1994, and Ayrton Senna da Silva was my greatest racing hero of all time. I had never known grief like that, just endless amounts of sadness. When I think of it now, the memories come back very quickly. There will never be another like Senna, but fingers crossed that Max Verstappen gives us something to keep cheering about.

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
I'm just waiting to HEAR them....

Looks as though the exhaust is plumbed differently, the waste gate has its own dump, that may improve the sound quality.

·
Registered
6,289 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Anyone else excited for the 2017 season! You think MB was sandbagging it abit at testing or has Ferrari merged the gap? I cant wait to see if Hamilton can take back the title or if Bottas and or Ferrari can take the fight to him!

·
Administrator
17,220 Posts
I'm absolutely excited for this upcoming season, and was just reading today that Valterri Bottas' 1:19.705 lap-time set on day 3 of testing was 4.976s quicker than the pole time from 2015. The target is 5 seconds per lap quicker than 2015 so the new cars are showing exactly the pace hoped for. I look forward to seeing the cars become more physical to drive and faster, which I'm hopeful will translate into solid racing...but only time will tell. :)

·
25psi Bliss
1,446 Posts
HAM and VET already stating that it's now more difficult to follow, so races may become processional. With the longevity of these new wider tires, race winners may be determined by Saturday's quali' result, or whomever gets to turn 1 first. Hopes up that this isn't really the case though.

·
Administrator
17,220 Posts
Yeah, I'm worried too...just cautiously optimistic. If the cars are so aero-sensitive that it becomes a big game of lead and follow at most circuits I'll definitely be disappointed just like the rest of you.

·
From the land down under
3,557 Posts
The best thing about that video, is that there is no way in hell that Kimi was pushing it to the extent that he would be on a quali lap.

I suspect that by the time the teams are back in Spain for the race this year, the pole time will be another 1-2 seconds faster.

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
I'm excited for sunday!

·
8 second 6 speed member
1,362 Posts
I think Seb fukt up on his final lap in the first sector of Q3. His obviously has much more in it and hid it on his final lap of Q2 by pulling out on the final straight and hitting the brakes to hide the true potential of the Ferrari.

But saying that it really clear that Mercedes has way way more in it and was obvious by Valteri reaction to P3.

I think Red Bull are way behind and poor Alonso never should of left Ferrari.

But how is that rookie Antonio Giovinazzi. Replace Pascal because of injury, has 1 hour practice in his formula 1 car and almost beat his team mate Ericsson if not for that final corner. All eye will be on him tomorrow. Ferrari would love to put an Italian in there car and already plays a part in the Ferrari team...Hope he does well in the race tomorrow, we could have another young talent to take a Ferrari seat when one opens up !!!!

·
8 second 6 speed member
1,362 Posts
Well looks like qualifying and first lap of F1 this year will be the most interesting part.
Along with the under / over cut strategy...

They need to stop fixing the cars and fix the entertainment value of the sport. If it continues to be boring people will stop watching and attending. It's simple, ENTERTAIN US !!!!!

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
^^^ agreed.

F1 management:

"Lets take a racing series, in which, the number one fan and driver complaint is that there isn't enough overtaking, and change the rules so the result is... even less overtaking!"

Wtf were they thinking? :dunno:

5961 - 5980 of 6015 Posts
About this Discussion
6K Replies
214 Participants
Olmytsi
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing