6,289 Posts

·
Administrator
17,220 Posts

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
Craig,

If I'm reading right, looks like heavy smog cancelled those sessions: http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/no-joke-smog-cancels-f1-chinese-grand-prix-practice-session?utm_source=DailyDrive20170407&utm_medium=enewsletter&utm_term=image-center&utm_content=body&utm_campaign=awdailydrive

And it's not because of visibility for the drivers so much as the medical helicopter had to remain grounded, which means no running F1 cars due to safety concerns.

Got it. Thanks buddy!

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
F1, IMSA, Pirelli World Challenge, and Super GT all this weekend!

Just watched the IMSA race - SO much more exciting racing than F1! There was passing - for the lead! Who knew race cars passed each other, on track, while moving, let alone for the lead? And they pitted for tire changes AND fuel. And I only heard reference to tire management strategy once or twice for a couple seconds.

On a serious note, it really made F1 seem boring and kind of ridiculously micromanaged. :(

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
^^^ I lol'd.

·
Beats and Rhythm
2,732 Posts
I agree, Antonio Giovinazzi is a fantastically fast driver, Ferrari should take him up if they get the chance. Very skilled, but that last corner in China gets everyone, especially with a greasy track. I will be glad to see F1 leave China, the sky was YELLOW. So nasty!!!!

·
From the land down under
3,557 Posts
New boy does good... If he can win on only his third race with his new team, then Lewis will potentially have more intra team battles to look forward to, along with the building challenge from the Ferrari's and Red Bulls.

Go Bottas :D

·
8 second 6 speed member
1,362 Posts
I'm going for Vettel I think his just a funny dude, and the Ferrari passion is so strong, it's how I feel about built Supras.

Hopefully Ferrari can get back on top until the red bulls and Maclaren catch up next season. Sick of seeing Lewis dominate.

·
8 second 6 speed member
1,362 Posts
Great race, more because of strategy but entertaining.
Really feeling for poor Alonso. He really should not of left Ferrari. Would love to see him go back next year.

Very interesting in regards to points and team orders when it comes to Lewis and Valteri....
what if Valteri misses the world championship at the end of the season because of team orders....

·
From the land down under
3,557 Posts
Very exciting racing compared to a normal Bahrain race, and congratulations to Seb for driving his arse off to win the race.

Yeah I must say that I felt for BOT, but it was clear HAM had more pace at that stage of the race, and even though Im not a Lewis fan, it was the right thing to do at the time to try and have a chance of catching VET.

Roll on Moscow and some more expletives from ALO no doubt ...

·
8 second 6 speed member
1,362 Posts
Very exciting racing compared to a normal Bahrain race, and congratulations to Seb for driving his arse off to win the race.

Yeah I must say that I felt for BOT, but it was clear HAM had more pace at that stage of the race, and even though Im not a Lewis fan, it was the right thing to do at the time to try and have a chance of catching VET.

Roll on Moscow and some more expletives from ALO no doubt ...
Wonder if Hamilton will do the same for Botas towards the end of the season if Botas get the car quicker than Lewis.

Felt sorry for Max. Wonder where he would of ended up... he was on the charge.... hungry for the win !!!! I love the fact Lewis won't say Max'a name. Always calls him "that guy" on the podium, might feel a little threatened. Max is one of the best passers on the circuit.

Toto must want him in a Merc and I'm sure Max could have what ever seat he wants when his contract is up at Red Bull...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
This is going to be one of the better seasons in a long time.

Ferrari is now able to compete!

It's a shame Redbull aren't as close as they were last year.

Lastly, glad to see my fav underdog team still performing well...in pink :)

·
8 second 6 speed member
1,362 Posts
Like I said, the winner of this season will be the one with the best tyre strategy.
I think they should only run Ultra soft, super soft and maybe soft tyre choices only.

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
... the winner of this season will be the one with the best tyre strategy...

sad. perfectly encapsulates what's wrong with F1.

5981 - 6000 of 6015 Posts
About this Discussion
6K Replies
214 Participants
Olmytsi
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing