Supra Forums banner

6001 - 6015 of 6015 Posts

·
From the land down under
3,663 Posts
They definitely scored an own goal on Sunday. The amount of positive media coverage that Ferrari, and the sport as a whole, would have gained from a Kimi win would have been immeasurable. Instead, it just left a foul taste in the mouths of almost everybody apart from Seb, and select Ferrari management. Now they will have to deal with a demotivated Kimi for the rest of the season, which will surely impact their Constructors championship tally.

Poor decision, especially given how far back Lewis was on the day. If he had been in the running for a podium, then Im sure more people would understand the teams decision to give Kimi the "optimal strategy"

·
8 second 6 speed member
1,362 Posts
They definitely scored an own goal on Sunday. The amount of positive media coverage that Ferrari, and the sport as a whole, would have gained from a Kimi win would have been immeasurable. Instead, it just left a foul taste in the mouths of almost everybody apart from Seb, and select Ferrari management. Now they will have to deal with a demotivated Kimi for the rest of the season, which will surely impact their Constructors championship tally.

Poor decision, especially given how far back Lewis was on the day. If he had been in the running for a podium, then Im sure more people would understand the teams decision to give Kimi the "optimal strategy"
My thoughts exactly, Kimi deserved to win that race, I think collectively more people would of been happy. Only a couple who were shitty. But the bigger picture is you'll still buy a Ferrari if you can afford one regardless of Vettel or kimi winning and that's how they see it. Likes don't mean $$$

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
My thoughts exactly, Kimi deserved to win that race, I think collectively more people would of been happy. Only a couple who were shitty. But the bigger picture is you'll still buy a Ferrari if you can afford one regardless of Vettel or kimi winning and that's how they see it. Likes don't mean $$$

Both Mclaren and Lambo would get my money before Ferrari.

·
8 second 6 speed member
1,362 Posts

·
From the land down under
3,663 Posts
Agreed, people buy them regardless. This was 100% a championship decision, nothing to do with sales.

·
From the land down under
3,663 Posts
Great lap by Kamui, such a huge shame that the Toyota's didnt want to work on race day though.

Back to F1 in Baku this weekend, and Im wondering what the Vmax will be on that ridiculously long straight? Im going to go out on a limb here and say that I very much doubt we will see anywhere close to the 378kph that we witnessed last year, given the extra drag from the wider car, wheels, and larger wings, so perhaps somewhere in the region of 360-365 at most. Im just hoping that BOT has the pace over HAM, and RAI has the pace over VET, just to give the season a bit more than a 2 horse race, albeit from different stables.

1am race start here in NZ, so will give me just enough time to watch MotoGP in Assen before hand :)

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
^^^ how do you watch MotoGP - online?

·
From the land down under
3,663 Posts
^^^ how do you watch MotoGP - online?
Hi Craig, it is part of my cable tv sports subscription through Sky TV. They have a HUGE monopoly on 99.999999% of all motorsport shown here in NZ, so i have no choice but to bend over and pay. Of course, there are "other" ways to watch all of the stuff that I choose to pay for, but thats because there is nothing quite as infuriating as sitting down to watch a race start, and having the stream glitch, or drop out completely. Maybe in years to come, when streaming quality and UL/DL reliability improves enough, I will drop my cable subscription, but until then...

Its going to be a hard night staying awake though, with MotoGP from 9pm-1am, then F1 until circa 4am, and then the Indycar race starts at 4.30am-8 *yawn*

·
I'm your huckleberry...
1,976 Posts
Beef on safety car rules.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hamilton-says-vettel-broke-safety-car-start-rules-094719126--f1.html

Hamilton says Vettel broke the safety car re-start rules

"The rules are that when the safety car goes (in), you’re not allowed to start and stop, start and stop," Hamilton said. "You’re not allowed to gas and then brake. You’re not allowed to fake the guy behind.

"Because naturally if there was not that rule, that’s what you’d do because eventually you’d catch them sleeping. You're not allowed to do that.

·
I'm your huckleberry...
1,976 Posts
Has anyone seen the new cars with a pillar directly in front of the driver?

That can't be popular, I would not want that in front of me if I was driving.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
The halos have actually grown on me and they are there to protect the driver from flying objects.

One guy in GP2 died a few years ago from a tire hitting his head and snapping his neck...instant death!

Great season so far...loving the back and forth between Mercedes and Ferrari.

Can't wait for the second half of the season.

And oh, I went to last year's Singapore GP...SOOOOOOOOO much fun...great racing in an amazing city...highly recommended.

Cheers

6001 - 6015 of 6015 Posts