Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
i wish they would've said how much rwhp it made.

i'm guessing it made between 305 and 315rwhp. Not bad for an NA v6.

·
Administrator
17,262 Posts
That is as much rwhp as the early VQ35DE's were rated at the crank. Not too shabby! :)

·
Champagne Papi
5,697 Posts
I just realized... I dynoed 253rwhp stock with 87 in the tank and no oil change in 6k miles. How is this 51rwhp more?

·
Banned
381 Posts
I just realized... I dynoed 253rwhp stock with 87 in the tank and no oil change in 6k miles. How is this 51rwhp more?
Because they compared two 2007 cars on the SAME dyno. If the new G37 was dynoed on the same dyno you used it would probably put down around 300RWHP.

·
Thinking Person
1,533 Posts
Nice. Thats just a little more than the number that stock IS350s dyno at too IIRC :) About 10whp more or thereabouts and through a MT instead of an AT
I wish the car looked more like the concept; but we knew it wouldnt.

·
Dreamer
1,628 Posts
That is no way the average. The most G35s dyno around 230-240rwhp depending on the dyno. It's either the dyno you were on was extremely high reading, or your car is a freak. Dynojets are known for their blown up numbers... so my money is on the former being the case. :lol:

We're talking about average here. If you wanna brag about your car's rwhp over others, you can do so at g35driver.com :D

Back on the topic, that is a really nice gain over the previous model. I wonder if this car would be as hard as the previous gen when trying to sqeeze some more power out in NA form. The limit seemed to be around 270~280rwhp using bolt ons only. Well, the new ones are over that mark to begin with anyway.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
the vq37's don't have a traditional throttle body, they use variable valve lift to control the throttle like the bmw 745's v8

that said, any mods done may have to come with a tune, depending on how the ecu compensates for it, could be a great engine for mods or it can be a horrible engine for mods

tuning will deffinately be a bitch though

1 - 18 of 18 Posts