Supra Forums banner

101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Administrator
8,187 Posts
1.8 liters is the transmission fluid capacity.

The clutch master and slave I forget the actual capacity but if your replacing them then you are bleeding the air out of the system at the same time so the amount differs. Keep that in mind.

You aren't using RP Transmission fluid in the clutch reservoir I hope...just DOT 3/4 Brake fluid.

Matt

·
No Ego or Arrogance!!!!!!
744 Posts
Been using RP here as well for the last 10 years good stuff, I was scared at first but notice the improvement and never turn back. Nice test and thanks for sharing with us.

·
Mr. 2JZUL8R
6,024 Posts
Giving Royal Purple a try this week.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Decided to stick with Toyota V160 fluid in mine for my purposes. Will be performing a flush this week. Again, thanks to all those who contributed to the analysis.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just changed over to RP this week.
How's it treating you so far? My supra just hit 42k miles and im looking to change out the fluid to RP soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I did some investigation when I did my 770 HP build. I took a leap of faith on advice of an engine builder and drag racer, Doug Lipps of Competition Automotive in Richmond Hill, Ontario. He asked if I had ever tried MOLYSLIP in my 6 spd. I was a strictly a "by the book" V160 Toyota fluid user and I changed it every year since buying the car new in '94.
I put two bottles of the MOLYSLIP in with the trans fluid and wow, it was smoother, quieter and seems cooler as well.
I am switching to RP SYNCHROMAX this spring when I take the Supra out of storage and debating whether to go with the additional MOLYSLIP as well. I will post the results after it runs for a while.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Hi.
What is V160 result afterRP SYNCHROMAX use.

I did some investigation when I did my 770 HP build. I took a leap of faith on advice of an engine builder and drag racer, Doug Lipps of Competition Automotive in Richmond Hill, Ontario. He asked if I had ever tried MOLYSLIP in my 6 spd. I was a strictly a "by the book" V160 Toyota fluid user and I changed it every year since buying the car new in '94.
I put two bottles of the MOLYSLIP in with the trans fluid and wow, it was smoother, quieter and seems cooler as well.
I am switching to RP SYNCHROMAX this spring when I take the Supra out of storage and debating whether to go with the additional MOLYSLIP as well. I will post the results after it runs for a while.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi.
What is V160 result afterRP SYNCHROMAX use.
Had a summer of running on the RP with the Molyslip.... shifts great, but not any quieter than with the V160 fluid. I don't beat on the car, nor do I drive a lot but the RP seems excellent. The removal of the stock flywheel and clutch made the tranny input shaft rattle, especially un loaded. I think that is typical from the guys I speak with. The early GTR's are even noisier stock, sounds like gravel in a tin can.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Wow...three long pages of obtuse name calling. Maybe everyone in Congress should get a manual Supra so they can argue about transmission oil rather than everything else!

Just summarizing, everyone has coalesced around Royal Purple Synchromax and Royal Purple specifically recommends Synchromax for the Supra's V160.

101 - 120 of 120 Posts
About this Discussion
119 Replies
68 Participants
1JZ_Cressida
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing