Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[/IMG]

We will be using our experience doing heads for some of the fastest 2JZGTE's in the country, and steping into the N/A T world..We have purchesed a SC300 from First State Motorsports and are looking to make 700+hp using a wicked Full-Race exhaust manifold and a Full-Race supplied turbo. The bottom end will remain factory stock with just new rings and bearings and assembled by the legendary Bert Gaertner of Bullish Motorracing fame..that will be topped with of course a HeadGames street/strip head loaded with all the goodies from Ferrea. The car will be using a AEM box tuned by the machine Jeff Evans of Evans Tuning.

I will show you guys a step by step with pics and flow charts as we extract the most we can out of the N/A head. I already got awsome results with just a valvejob. If any of you have a question about how a certain machined process is done feel free to ask.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
sounds good Dave....wow...

so, can I get that head back that I loaned you? hehe

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think it will be worth anything when I am done with it lol...thank you so much for the head though!

·
Flame Thrower
961 Posts
Waiting and Wanting!!!

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
HEADGAMES said:
I don't think it will be worth anything when I am done with it lol...thank you so much for the head though!
haha I was j/k...glad I could contribute for the GE people.....looking forward to the numbers

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I think you guys should shoot for the 800's as we've already made 730RWHP on a slightly ported and polished GE head. :)

Anyways, good luck with your project.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kean said:
I think you guys should shoot for the 800's as we've already made 730RWHP on a slightly ported and polished GE head. :)

Anyways, good luck with your project.

that in reality is the goal, well I should say just it's going to make more then 730 and it's going to make it with a smaller turbo then what you guys did it with..I wish we could do the 800's but you guys set the bar so high with what little you have done to the motor, If I rememeber correctly ya'll even had the stock intake on it? I just don't think 800's are possible without having a spare motor laying around! We'll save that for the next bulid and put a rod and piston in it.

·
Premium Member
4,768 Posts
Dave,
so you are the guy that picked up josh's old sc? I was the owner of the white sc and purple supra at his shop... cant wait to see what the numbers look like on this head and pricing too...

HEADGAMES said:
that in reality is the goal, well I should say just it's going to make more then 730 and it's going to make it with a smaller turbo then what you guys did it with..I wish we could do the 800's but you guys set the bar so high with what little you have done to the motor, If I rememeber correctly ya'll even had the stock intake on it? I just don't think 800's are possible without having a spare motor laying around! We'll save that for the next bulid and put a rod and piston in it.

·
Banned
566 Posts
Notorious 2JZ said:
Josh got the silver car with CCWs from New York...maybe he'll man up now and build a ONE JAY ZEE!!!!!
Hah you know how I feel concerning the ONE GAY ZEE! Turbo to turbo ill walk all up and down em :fawk: Im coming down in July, better be ready for a serious couple of nights.

Dave- Rumor round the shop is you guys picked up serious cfm by doing a simple valve job. Care to elaborate as this might be the way to go for the guys who are doing a headgasket/studs and want some quick and easy power. I cant wait to get ahold of one of these heads and pair it with our prototype NA intake manifold :naughty:

Errbody Else- Let me just start by saying im no "headgames nutswinger". But I do have a commitment to my customers to provide the absolute best parts/services. If I felt for one second that Headgames cylinder head service wasnt the best, Id simply find out who was, and go to them. I think this is going to be huge for our community and am glad to be in on it early.

Josh

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
I wouldn't worry about the motor, I'd doubt you'll break it at 800 rwhp.

:)

HEADGAMES said:

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Full Race Geoff said:
looks good sir, i think this will be a step in the right direction as it makes all 2JZGTE conversions look silly

eagerly awaiting results
That is what I am thinking Geoff..for the same amount of money you can have one wicked GE that will shit all over the guy who starts with the GTE swap.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
DaveH said:
I wouldn't worry about the motor, I'd doubt you'll break it at 800 rwhp.

:)
I sure hope your right David...I keep thinking it's going to be not a question of "if" it's going to pop at that point but more of a question of "when". We can always have hope!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
now..I will admit I am not computer literate human and tried for the last hour to post the flow data directly from the flowcom, it would be nice to include a real flow chart with the graph as promised..if anyone on here can assist me, please PM me..thanks!

this test was just the intake side, we just did a valve job and DID NOT blend the valvejob..all tests were done using a Super Flow 600 bench @28" and using a 3.13in bore adapter and a clay orfice. This is our street valvejob, I can not get our race valvejob and do it right on this size valve..and it would never go on a street car anyway. The valve had NOTHING done to it, as this valvejob really likes a backcut but I have not done that yet. I think this test shows that the guy who is low on cash can send his head out to get rebuilt, and although not really cheap but can get some bang for the buck in just a simple valve job and bowl blend.
Turbo cars respond well to this kind of mod..

Stock head w/stock valves B]Stock valves w/HeadGames ValveJob[/B]

.100 ... 89 ------------- .100 .. 97
.200 ... 130.4 ---------------- .200 .. 166.9
.250 .. 170.0 ---------------- .250 .. 198.8
.300 .. 182.6 ---------------- .300 .. 216.9
.350 .. 199.5 ---------------- .350 .. 223.0
.400 .. 212.0 ---------------- .400 .. 228.7
.450 .. 220.8 ---------------- .450 .. 232.0

More to come..........

·
Banned
1,533 Posts
HEADGAMES:
are you located in NJ or out in AZ? with Full-Race.

Saw an article on you guys in Modified or Turbo :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.