Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some of you guys might not know who I am, but I have been on the forums since 2002 (lurked and different name), and have been in the game (with 3 cars) since 2003. I lived at the SupraHaus on Supra Street in SoCal which in my opinion is the mecca for Supra owners everywhere (especially those with JZ engines). I come from the Mike Urbano school of Supra owning, and I praise God every day for having known, and having been close to him and his family.

Soon, I will have in my posession a true piece of Supra history and I am so damned excited I can hardly contain myself! Some of you know Aaron G. and his car. You know that it was built by Mike Urbano, it has the first Bomex kit ever produced for our cars, and it was the nation's first 1jz swap. If not, for a history lesson, click here.

It's currently sportin' a damned near new Greddy T78 kit, that lucky for you is for sale (see sig). The car was initially out of my price range, but when I heard that Aaron was willing to part out the turbo kit, I jumped on it. Going back to stock twins for a while (I don't mind, this is my first 1jz) and (hopefully) having driftmotion fix the ecu/fuel issue (call me back Jose!). I'll probably have a little downtime, but that's okay. I finally have a Supra again... I have a piece of A70 history... and I've got some sentimental value because of the homie Mike.

The Supra is the ultimate bang for your buck. It's like playing with legos as a kid, except more rewarding. There are so many things that you can do to customize our cars for show, drag, drift, and/or all of the above. So after a brief hiatus which included a trip into Chevy-land (still have mad love for the LS1), I am proud to say that I have returned. With Blown Head Gaskets, broken diffs, and all the problems that come with 20 year old cars, it's easy to throw in the towel... but even harder to stay away.

Haven't taken any pics yet. Maybe this weekend, but here's some old school to tide you over.

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
I didn't read the whole thing, but I need more pics.

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Well now that I have read the post, very nice to have you back. Hope everything goes well:) I sometimes wish I were on SF earlier to have gotten to know Mr. Urbano myself.

-Alex

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
welcome back. hope you stay this time

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As far as I know it has always been white. Even in the old (before my time) 1st 1jz swap pics it was white. :dunno:

·
JZA80 > JZA70
1,812 Posts
JAG welcome back to owning a supra, hey this time can we go and race again!?!?!? before was 7mvs7m now it's 1jz vs 1jz =D heheeh hey i won't loose to you again even if you run on 3 psi!!!!

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
u gave up the nice GTO for that?....owell, nice car. very clean, like the rims, hate the engine :)

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
JAG welcome back to owning a supra, hey this time can we go and race again!?!?!? before was 7mvs7m now it's 1jz vs 1jz =D heheeh hey i won't loose to you again even if you run on 3 psi!!!!
Oh man! The rematch! I'm predicting that SoCal will dominate again. PM me some pics of your set up so I know what I'm up against.

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
u gave up the nice GTO for that?....owell, nice car. very clean, like the rims, hate the engine :)
Supra... Just as fast. No car payment. Besides it's where my heart is. Everytime I spent money on the GTO I thought of it in terms of Supra dollars. This is me man. If I had all the money in the world I would drive a MKIII Supra with a full bomex kit, and Work Equips. This is my dream car except it's 1jz instead of 2jz (big deal) and no targa.

Edit: Yes I said the Supra is just as fast as the GTO. The GTO weighs 3800 pounds and the best time that I or anyone could get out of it was a 14.6. I will miss the v8, but the turbo makes me smile just as wide.

·
Really Tall White Guy
1,085 Posts
Welcome back. I would love to own an LS2 GTO, But no car I have ever driven, is as fun to drive as my 1jz supra, even the LS2 GTO I drove.

·
MKIV SUPRA FREAK
1,738 Posts
so i'm guessing you paid a arm and a leg for that piece of history :)
i still remember that car and it still looked the same as always..

nice to see you back jag.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts