Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
two wheels is all i need
Joined
·
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off id like to say :urowned: today was my 3rd time putting the transmission on the car. (yesturday was the 3rd time taking it off). Having said that I STILL am having problems.

When the car is started i cannot put it in gear. Clutch feels way too light, the transmisson does not have fluid in it btw, but that should not matter because its the clutch thats not shifting not the tranny(should it matter?)

Also When the clutch is about 1/3 in i can feel it lightly shaking than when the clutch is in all the way the shaking stops.

I bled the clutch, checked the fluid levels, i know the slave cylinder used to work and nothing bad happened to it while it was out of commission. same with master cylinder.

Help.
 

·
kaizen Motorsports
Joined
·
1,403 Posts
SupraTTurbo2JZ said:
When the car is started i cannot put it in gear. Clutch feels way too light, the transmisson does not have fluid in it btw, but that should not matter because its the clutch thats not shifting not the tranny(should it matter?)

Add oil to the tranny before your syncros die! That should help the shifting problem. You need oil! :faint: The clutch engages, the tranny shifts.

PS: If you installed the clutch disc backwards it will not go in to gear.
 

·
two wheels is all i need
Joined
·
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
onebad7m said:
PS: If you installed the clutch disc backwards it will not go in to gear.

....oh

shit, wish I knew that before i actually put the damn thing on. But it looked the same on both sides though. It was a stock clutch off an 89 N/A (I have a W58)
 

·
1JZ BLING
Joined
·
2,604 Posts
SupraTTurbo2JZ said:
....oh

shit, wish I knew that before i actually put the damn thing on. But it looked the same on both sides though. It was a stock clutch off an 89 N/A (I have a W58)
One side of the disc should stick out a little more than the other, thats PP side.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
601 Posts
onebad7m said:
PS: If you installed the clutch disc backwards it will not go in to gear.
ummmm im in no way recomending it but it will go into gear with the clutch disc backwards. I know because I accidentally did it :faint: . It just wont grab worth a shit. I dont think it will work on the R154 but I know for a fact it does on the W58.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top