Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Resetting
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a tribute to the mk3 and its owners. To own an mk3 it takes more than just knowledge of cars it also takes really loving the mk3 due to the fact that it is a true sports car . Everyone has been through the stage where no matter what you do your car keeps acting up without any sign of what is actually wrong. Maybe some of you are going through it right now. What amazes me is how atleast 50% of mk3 owners had no car experience before they bought their car and after a year they can basically build a motor from scratch out of neccessity. I know its frustrating sometimes and this car really tests your commitment to it but we all have had the sweet taste of driving in it with no problems and the feeling it gives you for that couple of days or weeks is well worth the pain when its down. This automobile that we own was a car that was made ahead of its time both in the looks and performance aspects. The mk3 has a timeless design and it stands out it the crowd wherever it goes. What i am getting at is that this car has the capabilities to demolish alomst any car it comes up against if it has been built correctly and tuned correctly for only a fraction of the price of the brand new sports cars that are out today. We are a special breed of supra owners that dont get the respect we deserve and are often overshadowed by the popularity of the mk4 becuz of a movie but every time one of us delivers a asswhooping to some unsuspecting driver that thinks his trans am is fast we get back the respect in the automotive world one asswhooping at a time. Im on my way to a spot where many people are already at on this forum where their cars are close to being finished if not already done. (Well were never done modifying and tweaking but you know what i mean.) I personally had my second supra for four years and have driven it about maybe a year all together out of the four but the Jza70 is and has been my dream car since i layed eyes on it and drove it. I may be alone when i say this but i will probably never sell my 91. I wish everyone goodluck with their projects and to all the people that have recently bought or are in the process of buying their mk3 goodluck and dont get mad your mk3 is just trying to get you to know it a little better each time it needs repaired. Jason.

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Well said. I agree completely with those statements. I however do not own a turbo A70, but I will not sell my car! I love it to death, and will build it as long as possible. Nice tribute.

·
Registered
194 Posts
good lord, it made my eyes watery.

i think we all have/will been through it.

sometimes i just sit and stare at her. "like im in love"

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have never really took my car as being a true sports car, but a luxury sports car. I have damn near every option the new luxury cars have now besides side air bags, curtains and GPS. We have the best of both worlds. Neither the MK2s or the MK4s can say that. The MkII has a nice ride but no power. The MKIV has the power but rides like a RX7. The MKIII has both, and with the 1j, it adds more top end power, smoothness and RELIABLITY. Priceless.

·
Jihad Killer
1,201 Posts
Ok i love my mkiii but its not that cool dam....Honestly i would love to get a mkiv or a 2jed sc300...

The stock mkiii is fucking ugly imo, it needs rims and to be lowered inorder to look even a little bit appealing to me,like %99 of cars anyway i guess........

I think that the mkiii community is one of the best around though...

Josh

·
i <3 supra
1,254 Posts
ranger2339 said:
Ok i love my mkiii but its not that cool dam....Honestly i would love to get a mkiv or a 2jed sc300...

The stock mkiii is fucking ugly imo, it needs rims and to be lowered inorder to look even a little bit appealing to me,like %99 of cars anyway i guess........

I think that the mkiii community is one of the best around though...

Josh
werd :)

·
Resetting
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah i do agree that the mk3 in stock bodied form isnt the most attractive but as soon as suspension wheels and a lip go on its a completely different car. As far as speaking on the luxuries shit we have digital temp control and full power everything. Thats what i was talking about when i said that it was built ahead of its time.

·
I have auto ADD.
4,568 Posts
sawblades can make any car look like shit.

i love the looks of the mkiii, that's one of the main reasons i bought one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts