Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
i always say toyota !
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can we run 700HP on the stock fuel rail? who is got the most HP out of the stock fuel rail with out fuel pressure problems?

·
BPU is so 1997
5,349 Posts
Larry @ SP did 645RWHP with dual feeds and a center return modified stock rail. The stock injectors were at like 95% or 99% duty cycle though.

·
Premium Member
11,271 Posts
Hua said:
Larry @ SP did 645RWHP with dual feeds and a center return modified stock rail. The stock injectors were at like 95% or 99% duty cycle though.

Oh I think they were at 100% :) We did have the pressure raised substantially

·
Registered
558 Posts
lilmatty96 said:
i thought u could run bigger side fed injectors and get more power
The OEM rail has an ID equal to many aftermarket designs...it is not the limiting factor, Injector size is...put in some bigger injectors and convert it to dual feed from each end and a center outlet and you are good to go...They have bigger side feed injectors available...

·
Swing on deezz!!!
2,155 Posts
Yes...this is of interest to me as well...I'd like to run a T67 with the stock fuel rail if at all possible...I've found 780cc sidefeeds that would swap right in. Figure that and an extra pump, EMS and single could be done...I'm not looking wild...just mild wild

Mark

·
i always say toyota !
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea, i wanna talk about the stock fuel rail. but that mod stock fuel rail worked on 645WHP is an other news that i would like to know. did he make a hole in the middle for the return ?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Guys, what is the most hp on a BONE stock fuel rail with no modification to it and a BONE stock MAF and BONE stock ECU that will work RELIABLY on a small single.

·
ur moms favourite
1,405 Posts
I know a guy who has made 490rwkw with the stock rail (2 end feeds, center return) and 860cc injectors. The rail isn't a limiting factor at all, its just easier to come by top feed injectors and people like the look of a nice shiny new rail.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
What I meant was stock rail stock injectors stock MAF stock ECU stock pump. Max RELIABLE power? I'm not talking 90-100% duty cycle here guys. 75% duty cycle.

·
King Ding-a-ling!
3,195 Posts
I would like to take this discussion one step further. we know that the stock injectors will handle ~550 RWHP. The stock pump varies greatly at different voltages.

injectors supported at these voltages would be:
11 V: up to 360 cc/min 15 V: up to 690 cc/min
12 V: up to 450 cc/min 16 V: up to 750 cc/min
13 V: up to 550 cc/min 17 V: up to 800 cc/min
14 V: up to 625 cc/min 18 V: up to 875 cc/min

that being said... what if you were to use an MSD fuel pump booster which adjusts the fuel pump voltage by boost pressure PN# 2350

I know that the viper crowd along with other rings have had great success with this unit.
The real question here is if this setup were to work... what HP would the stock fuel lines support. I am not talking typical overbuilt fuel systems here. But real world #s. If I were to get 750 cc injectors and try this system, would I really need dual feeds on the stock rail? I know that I would also need a fuel pressure regulator.

Flame away!

Brandon

·
i always say toyota !
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
KevinB6876 said:
What I meant was stock rail stock injectors stock MAF stock ECU stock pump. Max RELIABLE power? I'm not talking 90-100% duty cycle here guys. 75% duty cycle.

please, this thread is about stock fuel or easy mod stock fuel rail. about your question is 480whp-520whp that most of people would recommend.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well said YaosAuto.

My friend's 94 with a sp57 on stock fuel was running out of fuel (safely tuned) at 15 PSI which equated to 450 RWHP. Small mods can be done to get more fuel but a total upgrade just seems safer to me.

Michael

·
i always say toyota !
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
onequiksupra said:
Well said YaosAuto.

My friend's 94 with a sp57 on stock fuel was running out of fuel (safely tuned) at 15 PSI which equated to 450 RWHP. Small mods can be done to get more fuel but a total upgrade just seems safer to me.

Michael
yea, anything can happen to an old car. maybe something wrong with his fuel system.

·
Banned
588 Posts
this is a good discussion; stock fuel rail with the stock USDM fuel injectors is only good for around 520 safe, RWHP. No ifs ands or buts. After that, you and your motor are on self-warranty.

·
Registered
72 Posts
YaosAuto

Yeah that's what we figure. He just got in everything in to complete his fuel system. PHR rail/720 cc injectors/Areomotive FPR/Pumps/dampener Mod/etc. So his low HP days should be over soon.

Michael

·
Registered
77 Posts
IGGYWOOWOO said:
I would like to take this discussion one step further. we know that the stock injectors will handle ~550 RWHP. The stock pump varies greatly at different voltages.

injectors supported at these voltages would be:
11 V: up to 360 cc/min 15 V: up to 690 cc/min
12 V: up to 450 cc/min 16 V: up to 750 cc/min
13 V: up to 550 cc/min 17 V: up to 800 cc/min
14 V: up to 625 cc/min 18 V: up to 875 cc/min

that being said... what if you were to use an MSD fuel pump booster which adjusts the fuel pump voltage by boost pressure PN# 2350

I know that the viper crowd along with other rings have had great success with this unit.
The real question here is if this setup were to work... what HP would the stock fuel lines support. I am not talking typical overbuilt fuel systems here. But real world #s. If I were to get 750 cc injectors and try this system, would I really need dual feeds on the stock rail? I know that I would also need a fuel pressure regulator.

Flame away!

Brandon
On the topic of the boost a pump unit, we use them ALOT here at work. They are really an awsome unit. Kenne Bell makes a "Boost-a-pump" and so does MSD. We have used both on pretty much every car. Most of the higher HP cars we run twin walboros and have one on a boost a pump which uses a hobbs swtich to activate the boosting of it. The boost a pump at full tilt puts out 18.5v i think when activated, the booster is essientially a DC to DC converter taking 13.5v to 18.5v @ 15 to 30amps.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts