Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The New 2021 BMW 4 Series Coupe

• All new 2nd generation of BMW’s 4 Series two-door coupe.
  • More power, torque and performance than previous generation.
  • The latest safety, driver assist and infotainment technologies.
  • MSRP starting at $45,600 for the 430i Coupe plus $995 Destination.
  • Global market launch set for October 2020

·
Super Moderator
10,447 Posts
Wow, this is important, a direct competitor to the MKV. Somehow, I was under the impression the Toyota/BMW agreement prohibited this, but I may be mistaken.

Ken.

·
Very Senior Member
10,036 Posts
Wow, this is important, a direct competitor to the MKV. Somehow, I was under the impression the Toyota/BMW agreement prohibited this, but I may be mistaken.

Ken.
Agree. However, I suspect BMW had ALL the pull in that agreement. My guess is they got a lot of Toyota IP for a basically done design.

·
Super Moderator
10,447 Posts
Agree. However, I suspect BMW had ALL the pull in that agreement. My guess is they got a lot of Toyota IP for a basically done design.
Now that I think about it, Tada will say this car is a 2+2 (like all Supras from 1979-2001) and not directly competitive. We'll just have to ignore the same engines, tranny, suspension and very competitive pricing to make that leap.

lukos, agree completely.

Ken.

Reactions: SupraApe

·
Registered
417 Posts
For some reason the design reminds me a Q60. Not a big fan of it, but will see when performance figures come out. With awd option, will be extremely interesting to see.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I thought the larger opening was for airflow, cooling purposes but then they go and block it with a license plate.

·
I'm your huckleberry...
2,204 Posts
I thought the larger opening was for airflow, cooling purposes but then they go and block it with a license plate.
It'd look better if they had the more usual BMW two-piece grille above the plate and then a single, blended one-piece grille below the plate that looks the same as the rest of the lower bit.

·
Boost Junkie
12,535 Posts
Looks like trash. That grill has to go.

Steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts