Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
73' 240z with 280z 5spd tranny and original L24 running strong. Got some rust problems so any adive would be greatly appreciated. So far the plan is to fix the rust and use my current 2JZ for a nice swap.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Sweet car man. I dig that interior!

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
The gear shifter is awesome! Great car although I'd re a repaint. I am waiting to graduate school and finally get my hands on 71 Skyline.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I would love to ad one of those to the collection someday and make a VG30DETT swap on it.
Congrats and have fun!

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
very nice car. Im just sick of seeing JZ swaps in everything under the sun. Yes, great to make power and a great all around motor, but that like putting a Ford motor into a Chevy. I never understood this.

·
Registered
889 Posts
gorgeous Z, good luck with the build

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Nice. I had a '77 280 and I turboed the stock L28 with a T-04. I ran 23 PSI boost all the time and never broke it. It ran pretty strong for the day (back in the late 80s). I would like to have one with a 2J or possibly an RB, but I'd go 2J myself because I admire it a lot more. A T-61 2JZ, 6-speed, and supporting mods would be an absolutely wicked, wicked machine.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all for the comments. The only reason i want to do a 2JZ swap is because i have an extra 2JZ that i can use. Im still well open minded about what im going to use for a swap, but for now im enjoying the L24 thats still in great condition.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thought I would bump this old ass thread since this project has gone through a couple of phases, yet still going strong.

Since this post I've picked a new Z, this time a 72'. Here's where I'm at:

Body has gone through acid dip and currently undergoing full metal restoration

R32 Rb26
Going single turbo- probably gtx3076r
Watanabe 16s 9 x 9.5
Full race package (suspension) by Apex Engineered
4.11 R33 GTR differential
Hybrid axles 370z mated with R33
Aeromotive Fuel cell with A1000

Check out more of the build @s30z.tt

As this project gets underway I will be looking at picking up another MKIV now that the time is right again. One never leaves this game.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts