Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Blower Whine FTW
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally after searching thru many of these in the past 2 years we found the one that just "fit"

teaser shots:

·
Blower Whine FTW
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thnx ya gonna lower it soon

·
Registered
885 Posts
the shifter shifts really nice and tight on those, i really like it, hardly any room for error. hardly any play too.

·
Blower Whine FTW
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KICKER MKIII said:
the 5speed? looks really narrow and skinny how is it you shift?
yes 5 speed the shifts are beautiful but the gears are really close just need to get used to it a bit more sometimes i think im in neutral and its actually in gear :rofl:

·
4 T's and an X
2,126 Posts
Right on. I was set to get an NSX but got the Supra Instead. I still want one

...no, not selling the Supra either

·
Blower Whine FTW
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the NSX is a 94

and yea someone stole the S off the SL so now its a special production L500 AMG haha its my moms car so we havent had time to go get a new SL badge
there is one more car missing in the picture and its my dads daily which is a CLK430 coupe
but ill take some more pics of the SL when i get a chance
and thanks for all your comments

·
Non Supra Owning
40 Posts
love the NSX, I too will own one, one of these days hopefully

·
Well Balanced
508 Posts
Nice, I just picked one up myself.

Yeah, what impressed me the most is the shifter feel. Just kind of "clicks" into gear. Very tight and precise.

What I don't like the the ultra tall gears on the stock 5-speed. Second gear pulls to 80 MPH :eek: When you shift into second, the revs fall waaaaay below powerband and the car bogs.

In the newer 6-speed NSX's, they ran 13.20's stock mostly attributed to the correct gearing. I think I'm gonna invest in the Type-R short gears soon.

Nice car though, I'm happy with my purchase so far. I'd love to give Factor-X a call and get an FX400 turbo kit for it one day :)

·
Blower Whine FTW
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
P Rock said:
Nice, I just picked one up myself.

Yeah, what impressed me the most is the shifter feel. Just kind of "clicks" into gear. Very tight and precise.

What I don't like the the ultra tall gears on the stock 5-speed. Second gear pulls to 80 MPH :eek: When you shift into second, the revs fall waaaaay below powerband and the car bogs.

In the newer 6-speed NSX's, they ran 13.20's stock mostly attributed to the correct gearing. I think I'm gonna invest in the Type-R short gears soon.

Nice car though, I'm happy with my purchase so far. I'd love to give Factor-X a call and get an FX400 turbo kit for it one day :)
i agree somewhat with u on the second gear change but if u do hit the perfect point the car will not bog well at least not mine
some type r gears, short shifter, and other upgraded tranny parts will do the trick
what year did u end up getting?
and yea u dont even need to go out of 2nd gear haha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts