Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have gone over all of my 23 time slips, and traced which modifications were done for which runs, and i have compiled some information to give you a general idea of how your NA supra should be performing at the track with modifications. The items in bold are the mods added from one set of runs to the next.

Enjoy!

What can i expect to run?
---------------------------------------------------
BLACKSUPRA93's mod's

AUTO MODE
---------------------------------------------------
(my exhaust is 95mm)
Intake/Exhaust:......................................16.3-16.1

Intake with free cold air mods
and heatshield
/Exhaust: .......................16.1-16.0

and heatshield/header /Exhaust................15.95-15.80

----------------------------------------------------

MANU MODE
----------------------------------------------------
and heatshield /Exhaust:.........................15.99-15.7

and heatshield/
/Exhaust/header
Tuned AFC/Header heatshield:.............15.64-15.58

and heatshield/Header /Exhaust/
Tuned AFC/Header heatshield/
Heatwrapped Header:..........................15.50-15.43

and heatshield/ lid on heatshield/
Header /Exhaust/Tuned AFC/
Header heatshield/
Heatwrapped Header/
Heat wrapped exhaust/
DEI "Cool Taped" intake pipe
:................15.45-15.22

---------------------------------------------
MODIFIED SETUP
---------------------------------------------
and heatshield/lid on heatshield/
Header/ ATR Exhaust/Tuned AFC/
Header heatshield/stock wheels
Heatwrapped Header/
DEI "Cool Taped" intake pipe:................15.30

and heatshield/lid on heatshield/
Header/ ATR Exhaust/Boost Logic Midpipe/
Tuned AFC/Header heatshield/
Heatwrapped Header/stock wheels
DEI "Cool Taped" intake pipe:................15.30-15.16

-The Intake, header, Exhaust and AFC cost some money

- The free cold air mods, intake air box, Header heatshield,
heatwrapped header, heat wrapped exhaust, and cool taped
intake cost me in the neighborhood of $110 TOTAL.

Point being, do the small things, they make a difference as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------
XDREAMER'S MODIFICATIONS
egr mod, electric cooling fans,
mid pipe, blitz aifiler w. headlgiht out,
permacooler tranny cooler,
U.R pulleys minus underdrive,
XERD header, 2.5inch carbon fiber
( the muffler was completly broke)
18x8 front and 18x8.5 konig wheels----14.87 at 96.601mph

--------------------------------------60ft- 2.324
--------------------------------------Reaction .166
--------------------------------------660ft 9.668
--------------------------------------mph (660)- 75.108

RWSUPRA's MODIFICATIONS MANU MODE

STOCK-----------------------------------16.2

K&N replacement filter/
2.75" midpipe, EGR mod
Coolant bypass

R

·
0 Posts
Bob,

I thought I'd just ad in my $.02. I ran a 15.7 with just a K&N replacement filter and 2.75" midpipe in manu mode. $200 and .5 seconds faster. :)

Ryan

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
egr mod, electric cooling fans, mid pipe,blitz aifiler w. headlgiht out, permacooler tranny cooler, U.R pulleys minus underdrive . 2.5 c.f broken exhuast the muffler was completly broke and 18x8 front and 18x8.5 konig wheels- i still managed a

14.87 at 96.601mph
60ft- 2.324
Reaction .166
660ft 9.668
mph (660)- 75.108

on one of my runs my 60ft i got down to 2.311 would that make a noticebale diff on the 1/4 time ? if i ran it on that 14.87 run
i am going back to the track within the next few weeks with stock 16inch front wheels, a new mid pipe and some 16x9 nitto nt555r drag wheels i have laying around. I am hoping for some high 99mph trap speeds with the mods i have now ;) i cant wait to see what i run p.s i am going to put the stock bumper on for the track the bomex with the the undertray kills your trap speed- ifyou na you need eveything you got

Update I found my 14.68 timeslip from that day I never got to take the car to the track after i finally finshed the car as they sold the local one ;( Take in mind this was way before i started really modding the car ...

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
haha its a given to run your car at the track with no back seats ,spare tire ,jack and say a system- which takes about easilly 100lbs off your car not including a say 75lb sub system which is a no no for perf anyways lol . and dont run your car more then much more then a 1/4 take of gas.-

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
heres a quick quick mods free for about easily about 2-3/10 on the 1/4,

remove you passenger headlight- this will feed the intake with alore more air and alort cooler air- good for about 1/10

do the coolant bypas mod i did the write up on itas good like a 1/10th on the 1/4''

$40-50 mod- tranny cooler a must have if you race your car. it will give your better shifts alittle more power to the wheels and it will last alot longer- the na guide to mod's i go indepth about it

Update I found my 14.68 timeslip from like a week later when i went to a car meet and got one run in but the car was breaking up on the top end . I never got to take the car to the track after i finally finshed the car as they sold the local one not to long after.. ;( Take in mind this was way before i started really modding the car after all was said ant done like a year later and half later i got the car setup exactly how i wanted it and dynoed the car made a peak of 222.5rwhp (most of the run's were in the 212-218rwhp this was all on the stock timing/stock ecu and no piggyback/afc or anything it was basically raw tuned as i ran out of money~ compared to bone stock which is roughly 160rwhp on a automatic ...

·
Wingless Hardtop Moderator
3,090 Posts
Xdreamer said:
heres a quick quick mods free for about easily about 2-3/10 on the 1/4,

remove you passenger headlight- this will feed the intake with alore more air and alort cooler air- good for about 1/10

do the coolant bypas mod i did the write up on itas good like a 1/10th on the 1/4''

$40-50 mod- tranny cooler a must have if you race your car. it will give your better shifts alittle more power to the wheels and it will last alot longer- the na guide to mod's i go indepth about it
Are you auto or 5 speed? how much quicker are 5 speeds the autos?

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
XDREAMER, RWSUPRA and I are all autos. Stock for stock a 5sp is between .8 and 1.2 seconds faster than an auto, depending on the driver.

so with all our mods, theoretically if a 5 speed responds as well to the mods, it would put it between a 13.8 and 14.2( i am basing this off of xdreamers video recorded run of 14.87)...of course, no one has tried on a 5spd and everyone will say this is BS b/c its never been done.

XDREAMER has taken a second and a half off of his times, I have taken a second off of mine, and RWsupra and taken .5 seconds off his time.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ATTN XDREAMER:
can you please list the rest of your mods...i dont see coolant bypass and im almost 100% sure u had that done , but i dont want to list it for you until im completely sure. i know you had the header for the 14.87 run, i remember that coming up in discussion back then so i put that on there...what else did you have done...? list even the small things like the MAF modded and upside down and any other tricks(tranny?) i dont know of so people can get a real look at what we all have done. can you list all your weight reduction too? as you do, i'll add it in to the main post, so its all in the same format, and we can condense the thread.

PS. what about those new timeslips? might as well list em on here even if you dont think your car was running 100%. mines not running perfect but im listing everything anyway. its up to you though

RWsupra: do you have a cone filter or a drop in panel filter?
Thanks!

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
bobmarley said:
Wow nice =) so theoretically I could trap a 15 stock?
15.2 @92 is genrally accepted as stock.

people have gone as low as 14.9, but it is extremely rare, and i dont know if that is US or Jap spec NA. a few people hit 15.0 and 15.1, most people hit 15.2-15.4

some NA autos have gone as slow as 16.4 and 16.5 stock so thats why i said 1.2 seconds slower...still puts your around a 15.2...but if u can drive, its possible to go lower.

·
Wingless Hardtop Moderator
3,090 Posts
Nice, well im bone stock... Gonna go run the 8th.. (no 1/4's near me) then im gonna put in the fiberglass box and air redirect that that one guy made (I made a replica already) and run again. Ill let you guys know how it goes.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sounds good, get a cone filter to go with that box.

start a thread up like this one, but for 5 speeds, traces your mods as you go, and then PM a moderator and ask to get it stickied.....its nice to have solid info...maybe more people will start modding NA supras once they see the potential gains.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thats good to know ...and sounds much like what id expect from my buddies SHO 5sp...also 91....but why post it here...?

P

·
0 Posts
Coolant bypass

Hey guys,
I have discussed the coolant bypass "trick" with a mechanic friend and we can't see how bypassing a coolant line can aid in increasing performance. Can some one please enlighten me?

Thanks.
:D

·
Registered
265 Posts
Re: Coolant bypass

pmwz68 said:
Hey guys,
I have discussed the coolant bypass "trick" with a mechanic friend and we can't see how bypassing a coolant line can aid in increasing performance. Can some one please enlighten me?

Thanks.
:D

Your mechanic should know better, the bypass keeps the coolant from warming the air as it enters the throttle body, cooler air is more densely packed with oxygen and therefore produces more power upon combustion.

Iamthebull...not saying you're fullofbull, but 97mph in a stock '91 Taurus SHO?

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: Re: Coolant bypass

Lex Luthor said:

Iamthebull...not saying you're fullofbull, but 97mph in a stock '91 Taurus SHO?
while 97 seems a bit excessive....my friend ran a 15.4 @92.6 or something, on the day he bought it, just dumping the clutch from 3k. ive ridden with him since then and now he basically just kicks the clucth and shifts much harder and faster than when he ran that.

i can see him hitting a 15.0 at 95 or so.

S

·
0 Posts
best i've done is a 14.32 at 103mph

This is a JDM 5-speed, with headers/exhaust and just a pod filter

1 - 20 of 56 Posts