Supra Forums banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

· Now...Whitesupra94
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Type_SH
wow i would never expected a mk4 supra non turbo to run those times. how much hp does a non turbo have?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

160-170whp auto pre 97

170-180whp auto post 97

manuals slightly higher.

problem is getting high revs off the line in my opinion...2200 stall hurts. this is auto though...the auto is a full second slower than a stock manual.

G

·
i bet i could run in the 15's just with my intake filter. i bet i could hit 15.9 stock. sorry guys, you guys must not know how to run autos. I am fairly new to autos and just he other day i hit my sweet spot. I had a neon that ran 15.5 and this is feeling close to it. I know autos aren't complicated to drive, hit the gas and go. But shifting in manu-mode at the right time, pre-start powerbrake rev, and proper prep. This wasn't to dawg anyone, i just don't believe a na, even auto, could run 16's. I know this prelude (with time slip) running around 16.1 and i beat him stock with room to spare. Does anyone feel the same as i do?

· Now...Whitesupra94
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Mk4SupraNA said:
i bet i could run in the 15's just with my intake filter. i bet i could hit 15.9 stock. sorry guys, you guys must not know how to run autos. I am fairly new to autos and just he other day i hit my sweet spot. I had a neon that ran 15.5 and this is feeling close to it. I know autos aren't complicated to drive, hit the gas and go. But shifting in manu-mode at the right time, pre-start powerbrake rev, and proper prep. This wasn't to dawg anyone, i just don't believe a na, even auto, could run 16's. I know this prelude (with time slip) running around 16.1 and i beat him stock with room to spare. Does anyone feel the same as i do?

i dont mean to sound like an ass...but go run it and then post up your timeslip. its the only way you can be totally sure. What a car runs on the track and on the street are two totally different things. I have had more practice since then, and i DID crack a 15.9 using manu. the exhaust may have been a negative gain, I will find that out this staurday.

· Registered
143 Posts
any idea what a NA auto mk3 would run stock? i read this topic and originally though you guys were talking about mk3's. and i was like, 15's, thats not bad for NA automatic..but now im dreading asking what a mk3 NA auto would do...... damn

· Now...Whitesupra94
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
I have no clue about what stipping will do to your times. Every run I've made has been full weight. except for a spare tire occasionally. and i have to carry 10lb piece of board in my trunk, b/c its the only way i can get a jack under the car with my sideskirts on.

from personaly experience, I'd say your exhaust is too big...it will make top end hp, but your missing out on a more streetable fun. I WILL let u knows know after i dyno on friday the result of 3.75 inch piping compared to 3 inch piping(have 3 inch now thanks god) and a trip to the track soemone in the next month or so.

14.5 i doubt it, check my mods for a 15.2.... thats why i went smaller exhaust. the lack of midrange torque to get you to your top end power is very evident(and hp hasnt really started building yet) when you hit third gear on the track. i kept finding myself htinkin, if only i could get through this low spot to where i start revving i would improve my times nicely. smaller exhaust move your powerband to the left, at the sacrafice of a few hp top end...so we shall see shortly. saturday is only 2 days away...

A mack:not really sure....16.5-16.8 is a guesstimate..?

G

·
wow..i had no idea na's were that slow... i was plannin on gettin a NA... my stock civic EX ran 16.1 ..

so now my question is..what type of times can NA-T run? with a basic setup that most online companys sell ($4000 turbo upgrade for NA's)... anyone with a NA-T?

· 1jz >
387 Posts
i ran 15.139 and this was what i had

K&N air filter
no headlight
3 inch custom mid pipe
and gutted secondary cat
stock exhaust

now i just got 3 inch piping from the mid pipe all the way to the HKS 3 inch ultra performance universal stainless steel muffler.
custom intake 3 inch piping (got rid of the accordian intake pipe), wrapped in thermo tec cool tape. and heat wrapped mid pipe, secondary pipe, and catback and MAN!!! i feel a big difference.

i wonder if ill hit 14's i think so... im going to LACR soon.. ill post my results here.

future plans are 264 hks intake bump stick, hks cam gears, and SAFCII.

~Adrian

· Now...Whitesupra94
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Oni mkiv said:
i ran 15.139 and this was what i had

K&N air filter
no headlight
3 inch custom mid pipe
and gutted secondary cat
stock exhaust

now i just got 3 inch piping from the mid pipe all the way to the HKS 3 inch ultra performance universal stainless steel muffler.
custom intake 3 inch piping (got rid of the accordian intake pipe), wrapped in thermo tec cool tape. and heat wrapped mid pipe, secondary pipe, and catback and MAN!!! i feel a big difference.

i wonder if ill hit 14's i think so... im going to LACR soon.. ill post my results here.

future plans are 264 hks intake bump stick, hks cam gears, and SAFCII.

~Adrian
are you auto or manual

G

·
Hey guys first post here.
Brothers basically paid for a 95 SZ-R auto. I was going to give him a run the other day in my 1988 non turbo vl, with the nissan six yet he decided not too.

But after going for a drive in the car that he's looking at, full kit, rims, exhaust I'd be saying he'd only be pushing around the 16's.

To me the only thing letting them down is the weight.

I've got stock vl, manual, K&N Filter extractors and 2.5" exhaust and I'd be running a 15.5-16. Only 120 or so hp but 1200 kgs of weight.

G

·
I am running a Tanabe G Power Medallion and intake. What do u think I will run? 15.4? That's what I have been told. I almost know for a fact that in 7 months I will easily be in the 14's and maybe even the 13's. I wanna be the first NA auto to run 13's. I got something planned, around $5,000 worth planned:D . No NA-T, just good ol' all motor. Most likely no nitrous either.

· Registered
6,620 Posts
no piston xeven said:
wow..i had no idea na's were that slow... i was plannin on gettin a NA... my stock civic EX ran 16.1 ..

so now my question is..what type of times can NA-T run? with a basic setup that most online companys sell ($4000 turbo upgrade for NA's)... anyone with a NA-T?
This is just the auto, the 5spds are faster by a second.

· Always on call
3,719 Posts
Mk4SupraNA said:
I almost know for a fact that in 7 months I will easily be in the 14's and maybe even the 13's. I wanna be the first NA auto to run 13's. I got something planned, around $5,000 worth planned:D . No NA-T, just good ol' all motor. Most likely no nitrous either.
for only 5k with no NOS? :nutkick:

G

·
yessir, I got a few things planned and hopefully have half of it installed by christmas. About 3k by christmas and the other 2-3k by next summer.

G

·
What kind of times would a stock mkiii put down in the 1/4 and 1/8? I'm going to piedmont (1/8) in a few weeks, right now I have a freeflow muffler, removed resinator, and custom intake. I plan on removing the headlight and taking out the spare tire and jack. Think I can get in the 15's???????

· Registered
42 Posts
Bax said:
Hey guys first post here.
Brothers basically paid for a 95 SZ-R auto. I was going to give him a run the other day in my 1988 non turbo vl, with the nissan six yet he decided not too.

But after going for a drive in the car that he's looking at, full kit, rims, exhaust I'd be saying he'd only be pushing around the 16's.

To me the only thing letting them down is the weight.

I've got stock vl, manual, K&N Filter extractors and 2.5" exhaust and I'd be running a 15.5-16. Only 120 or so hp but 1200 kgs of weight.
Cool but a there is not such thing as a Auto SZ-R

21 - 40 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.