Supra Forums banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
when i was stock without the spare tire and my tires were on 25psi i ran a consistent 15.2 and on my 60ft times i was consistently running 2.231 im a 5 speed and my car is a 97 n/a i now have a jic exhaust and is planning on gettin the xerd headers soon so what time do you guys think i'll hit when i go to the track???

· Registered
2 Posts
Hey all, im running a manual 95 SZ-R N/A, HKS cat back exhaust, green cotton racing filter and she runs on 98 octain fuel. With 1/4 tank of gas spare tyre and tools removed she run a 14.899 on 17 inch wheels on cheap faulda tyres. I was very happy with this time. Is there a difference between the USDM spec and JDM spec N/A's ? Mine is a JDM spec. Thanks in advance.

· Senior
1,619 Posts
OZZYSupra said:
Hey all, im running a manual 95 SZ-R N/A, HKS cat back exhaust, green cotton racing filter and she runs on 98 octain fuel. With 1/4 tank of gas spare tyre and tools removed she run a 14.899 on 17 inch wheels on cheap faulda tyres. I was very happy with this time. Is there a difference between the USDM spec and JDM spec N/A's ? Mine is a JDM spec. Thanks in advance.
I don't think theres much difference between the US & JDM n/as. Anybody else want to chime in? You must be a good driver to boot!:cool:

G

·
Wow, I'm impressed at some of the times obtained for relatively few mods. It inspires me to go have a go in my JDM SZ-R.

Not many people in the UK bother with taking the NA's down the strip, well, not half as many as the TT's anyaway!:)

G

·
Suddenly i don't feel so bad about my stock motor cressida running a 16.2 @ 84mph spinning in first second and third:) yes I've mods but nothing to the motor except air filter and ignition.there is hope after all:) i guess when I add the turbo I'll have something worth talking about.

· Banned
3,493 Posts
BlackSupra93 said:
I have no clue about what stipping will do to your times. Every run I've made has been full weight. except for a spare tire occasionally. and i have to carry 10lb piece of board in my trunk, b/c its the only way i can get a jack under the car with my sideskirts on.

from personaly experience, I'd say your exhaust is too big...it will make top end hp, but your missing out on a more streetable fun. I WILL let u knows know after i dyno on friday the result of 3.75 inch piping compared to 3 inch piping(have 3 inch now thanks god) and a trip to the track soemone in the next month or so.

14.5 i doubt it, check my mods for a 15.2.... thats why i went smaller exhaust. the lack of midrange torque to get you to your top end power is very evident(and hp hasnt really started building yet) when you hit third gear on the track. i kept finding myself htinkin, if only i could get through this low spot to where i start revving i would improve my times nicely. smaller exhaust move your powerband to the left, at the sacrafice of a few hp top end...so we shall see shortly. saturday is only 2 days away...

A mack:not really sure....16.5-16.8 is a guesstimate..?

Any word yet on your results????

OZZYSupra said:
Its cuz your a 5 spd. :doh:

Im a 95 hardtop 5spd and i plan on taking the Supra to the track this weekend, stripping a few unnecessary things(backseat,spare, tools, custom sub&box), pullin out the headlight, putting on just the rear 16" stock NA rims. Im really just curious to see what my 1/4 mi time is before the car goes through some drastic changes :)

· Now...Whitesupra94
3,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 · (Edited)
kevganzon said:
Any word yet on your results????

[email protected] 92.91

I'm done racing until the turbo kit goes on...but I couldve gotten it down further, I had my had the mid-pipe on then, and I think I'm faster w/o it. (I already have header/catback...it was too much flow so it hurt my low end)

G

·
100 shot NOS

Hi guys, greetings from rainy Britain!

I have a Jap spec (95) NA with double decat, 4" straight through trial exhaust and 100 shot NOS and an auto box. Running this weekend at Santa Pod (UK). Will let you know how I get on next week!!

· Registered
16 Posts
I just ran my bone stock SC300 and best I got was a 16.798 trap speed was not working.

Do you guys have a terrible time launching as well? I am limited to brake standing to around 2000 rpms noting I can do will change the horrid 2.6 60 foot times I get. No tire spin but dreadful seemingly forever lasting bog (my tires are 225/50/16s falken 451 grbetas btw.). I was upset since I was shooting for 16.4s hopefully I can do this by october withouth having to spend to much.. (no more then 200-300 bucks..) Track is NOT at sea level.. Starting tommorrow with egr removal.. with plates I made myself from lowes sheetmetal....

Its really frustating because In a roll this car is much faster I can beat cars that would waste me from a stop. Case in point being able to hang with my roomates wrx (who is the exact opposite much faster from a dig..) (cat removed.. coldair intake for him.) from 40-90 losing maybe just a nose to him. after 110 he would pull on me however...

Heres my best run up to date

september 3 2005

60' 2.683
second marc 7.357
1/8th 11.032 @68.253
1/4th 16.798 at unknown speed presumably high 85 mph low 86 mph...

This was ran at speedworld on Peoria Arizona.. on a somewhat hot muggy night..

· Registered
2 Posts
mods and results...

i just got done running my slightly modded 96 N/A this weekend.

after a short ram intake i made myself with a K&N cone filter, a Tanabe catback exhaust, NGK platinum plugs, NGK wires, KYB AGX struts and a strut tower bar, I ran a 14.8 at 94. As opposed to the 15.3s I was running before the tune up and exhaust.

all things i picked up on ebay or people were selling cheep. ive spent about $600 for all the mods combined.

just thought i'd throw out what seems to work for me.

· Registered
12 Posts
i have a 1989 supra, was planing on turbo'ing the ge motor but for now i am wainting, its the sport model, and i hvae an apex'i power intake on it, and k&n powercharger thing to replace the accordian pipe, the exhaust sounds messed up but it has a LOT of power midrange to top, very slow feeling untill you hit 30+ once i get a chance to figure out what my grandpa did (hit something coming off a curb when he moved it) i'll take it to the track and see what it runs, any idea if it will outrun a stock 1994 volvo turbo sportwagon?

41 - 56 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.