Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Screw that YSR crap and it's "box frame" style. I wanted something that actualy worked. So I made my own. It's all about the X if you want stability.

So, here's the rear cross brace I just finished fabbing up. Ties directly into the frame rails. Four bars for 4 times the fun! The most important info though; yes, it still allows you to put the targa top back there.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Awesome! :) I still love the hatch bar I got from you.

·
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SnowMongoose said:
so, when you going to start sellin some?
have you taken her out for a spin yet?
Most likely won't sell any.

Haven't taken'er out because I'm putting the engine back together right now. It'll be abit.

·
IFLYLO
301 Posts
looks like my c-pillar that you made will have some buddies to play with. when r u planning on selling them, outofstep?

*edit*

if you're not going to sell any...may i get an item list of what items i need and where you got them, so i can make my own?

·
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
taotsu said:
if you're not going to sell any...may i get an item list of what items i need and where you got them, so i can make my own?
That might be kinda hard because I had to fab up 4 custom mounts. The mounts aren't something you can buy "off the shelf." Heh, especialy the mounts for the frame rails, those bitches were a pain in the ass (the mount is countersunk) :(.

·
IFLYLO
301 Posts
outofstep said:
That might be kinda hard because I had to fab up 4 custom mounts. The mounts aren't something you can buy "off the shelf." Heh, especialy the mounts for the frame rails, those bitches were a pain in the ass (the mount is countersunk) :(.

hmmm...i see. i guess i'll have to custom make my own as well. :fro:

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
outofstep said:
Most likely won't sell any.

Haven't taken'er out because I'm putting the engine back together right now. It'll be abit.
Just out of curiosity, why aren't you planning on selling any? There is definately a market.

·
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just don't have the funds right now to procure materials or the time to do it.

Maybe one day down the road. But not anything anytime soon.

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,084 Posts
outofstep said:
...............The most important info though; yes, it still allows you to put the targa top back there..............
That's cool. Actually you could still run a spare too, as little as they ever get used, just unbolt the bottom to get it out. Great job.

·
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, the spare fits in there just fine. It's just that at the time of the pic, I was using that space as my tool box. haha.

·
Ronin
1,215 Posts
pretty damn good for a 6 year old

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts

·
Now with less BHG...
409 Posts
^ Couldn't you just mod that one to be the best of both worlds?

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
outofstep said:
I just don't have the funds right now to procure materials or the time to do it.

Maybe one day down the road. But not anything anytime soon.
Patent it dude. There are too many copycats lurking around and will rob you of this...

That thing looks pretty nice...especially be nice for the Targas.

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,985 Posts
Aren't our rear ends [chassis-wise] already pretty tight? A beautiful piece, but what real world benefit will be realized? Perhaps I'm missing the Gestaltist view of a bigger picture, but it has me picturing Bush using an A-bomb to kill a single terrorist.

·
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Nothing is that tight on a unibody car.

However I can't tell you exact differences until I drive the car.

Besides, its much more of a "look what I have" type deal that anything else. It looks neat. If I wanted maximum suspension rigidity, I'd just put my S&W rollcage back in.

^ Couldn't you just mod that one to be the best of both worlds?
No, completely different mounts.

Patent it dude. There are too many copycats lurking around and will rob you of this...
Heh, I know. I already had a Supra shop do that after I brought the hatch bars to the US and got them replicated for folks.. This time though, I'm not having copies leaked around. If they can't get ahold of the mounts, it'll be much harder for them to copy it. Hell, I even made sure that my pictures don't show the rear (the countersunk ones) mounts as they are the hardest to make.

I figure if no one replicated the YSR style one by now, they probably wont copy this one. If they do, then fine. It just means they will have to do all of their own legwork this time to get the rear mounts and front mounts fabricated. If they do that, they can go for it. Much harder than replicating the simple hatch bar.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts