Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i am at the Super Street Time attack at Buttonwillow yesterday....Only ONE supra which was kinda dissapionting at first...then i saw that it was Steve A in his Twins Turbo Supra and i was happy he was out there representing our bad ass Toyotas.....first round of quallifying Steve was 2nd out of 50 cars, and behind only the GM Factory effort.
im not shure what happened in the second round of quallifying, steve had a passenger...might have been one of the twins, but he ran a 1:55 with a pass seat and some one in it!!!!...over all i believe Steve was 5th out of everyone, professional Race Skylines, some nasty Evo 8's, FWD race cars...ect.
the best part of all this is Steve DROVE HIS SUPRA 3 HOURS each way to the track...i think he was one of the ONLY people out there with out a trailer...He did have the Twins and I believe it was Chris Rado helping him out though.....great event this year.......Much props to Steve and twins Turbo....

·
Very Senior Member
10,017 Posts
turbothree0 said:
Ok so i am at the Super Street Time attack at Buttonwillow yesterday....Only ONE supra which was kinda dissapionting at first...then i saw that it was Steve A in his Twins Turbo Supra and i was happy he was out there representing our bad ass Toyotas.....first round of quallifying Steve was 2nd out of 50 cars, and behind only the GM Factory effort.
im not shure what happened in the second round of quallifying, steve had a passenger...might have been one of the twins, but he ran a 1:55 with a pass seat and some one in it!!!!...over all i believe Steve was 5th out of everyone, professional Race Skylines, some nasty Evo 8's, FWD race cars...ect.
the best part of all this is Steve DROVE HIS SUPRA 3 HOURS each way to the track...i think he was one of the ONLY people out there with out a trailer...He did have the Twins and I believe it was Chris Rado helping him out though.....great event this year.......Much props to Steve and twins Turbo....
Congrats to Steve! Cool to drive to the track and beat some prepped cars!

·
www.ziptieracing.com
1,785 Posts
impressive time. I didn't realise he did so well. There were some pretty crazy cars out there...

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
I need Vid. I hate not seeing Supras on the road course.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Congrats to Steve and his team ...sounds like maybe the twins and Rado were his team.

I'd also love to see a vid of a Supra blasting around competitively.

Is this going to be written up in SuperStreet magazine any time soon?

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
steve, you need to post of these events!, great job representing the community and showing our car's are made for the bends ;)

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
Very impressive results! I'm glad Steve is out there showing folks what a well setup Supra can do.

·
Administrator
17,241 Posts
I think more and more of us are starting to wonder what kind of "secret sauce" is in Steve's car. Clearly he's a superb driver, but the cooling and suspension mods are definitely needing more "exposure". :bigthumb:

Steve T.

·
Registered
525 Posts
What track configuration were they using?

Also, why can't they just call them "time trials" instead of the oh so jDm "TIME ATTACK!"?

·
Retired Super-Mod
10,170 Posts
Eric said:
What track configuration were they using?
From another thread:
I plan to go wide body by next year. Did you hear about what happened at the TIME ATTACK in Buttonwillow just yesterday, 11/8/05? I pulled one of the fastest times of the day (top 7 out of 75 cars) on Configueration #13 CW with a 1:55.7 with a passenger and a boosting problem. It should be on most of the forums by now. Pictures and video are sure to follow. The whole event was being held by Super Street Magazine & NASA, so expect to see it in the magazine in 2-3 months.
Steven A.

·
www.ziptieracing.com
1,785 Posts
Eric-

Time trial is one car on track at a time. This event was a whole run group going for thier fastest lap at the same time with open passing, etc. so, even tho they have a cheesy JDM tyte name, they are different...

As an aside, it is beyond me that Super Street is the mag that is running this. Other than the JDM show/track cars that show up, this really isn't there thing. None of the guys that work at super street are competitive drivers etc. It should be a Sport Compact Car thing, but I guess thats what you get when the management that calls the shots came from SS...
</rant off>
Matt

·
Super Moderator
10,408 Posts
turbomx5 said:
Eric-

Time trial is one car on track at a time. This event was a whole run group going for thier fastest lap at the same time with open passing, etc. so, even tho they have a cheesy JDM tyte name, they are different...

As an aside, it is beyond me that Super Street is the mag that is running this. Other than the JDM show/track cars that show up, this really isn't there thing. None of the guys that work at super street are competitive drivers etc. It should be a Sport Compact Car thing, but I guess thats what you get when the management that calls the shots came from SS...
</rant off>
Matt
Matt,

This is so true. All of the Primedia titles are evolving and SS is getting the most corporate love, to the detriment of SCC and Turbo.

Steve A, great, great driving as usual. Keep up the good work!

Ken.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts