·
Registered
343 Posts
and who won

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
nice. how modded is the 7M in the MK2?

Man I'd love to run (and SMOKE) that Porsche Turbo! :)

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I cant wait until spring.

3,796 Posts
Nice run but not that impressive considering the mkii's weight advantage. Looks like he had troubl out of hte hole though....

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I agree, I have yet to see a 7m-mk2 show its tremendous weight advantage in the 1/4 mile.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hopefully everyone will grab this video, I've posted it several times hoping Chris would be able to finally see it. I think I have some more footage, i'll have to check. For those that haven't seen it, the Supra Nationals Video (Texas 2003) also has some footage of the car.

3,796 Posts
I got the full vid.....:scratch:

·
what will the future hold
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the point is hes running a stock head and block 7m and spent very few dollars to beat the 98,000 all wheel drive car. Plus last I checked its hell to out launch a all wheel drive car. Bottom line is how many people pull a posche in let alone on the up swing. the numbers might not be the best but line up to a 2002 posche twin turbo and see how hard it is to catch it. As far as I am concern great run for the mkii. I mean this car has very moddest mods done to it.:D :D

·
Registered
179 Posts
I download it again and checked the file size...don't know why it wouldn't be working for everyone....

·
25psi = 14" brakes :)
2,306 Posts
Ok, that was an awsome win.
Totally comes from behind and walks on the P car.
Get some DR's on that MK2, and a clutch that could handle a better launch, and it would not even have been so close.
I would pay good money to have been there to see the P car driver's reaction to that loss. :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Alittle off topic but Mk2's are badass with 7m's!! There was also Russ Matuesivich, which I have some runs on my hardrive of his 6mge based Mk2 doing 9.60's @134? in the 1/4. Hybrid turbo, forged internals, and direct port nitrous all bolted up to a glide and the car still had stock irs and some interior such as carpet, dash, 2 seats, glove box, ect. was featured in Turbo and High Tech in the Supra stars 2 issues. There was Joel Tanzman, who was running Supraman's 82 with a built 7m. That car was in the 10's and still looked like a street car. Do not know what happened to either one of those cars though. Might still be around. Prop's to Chris and his car I have heard alot about it.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts