Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just dropped the car off for the final body work and paint, and I thought i'd share the progress of it and then post the final pictures when it is done.

I bought my '87 in July of last year, and had it until August when I had my Uncle's shop do the initial body work.

My car when I bought it

The old owner pulled out onto a road turning left and hit another car and sent them both off the road. He ended up hitting a pole :run: (I wonder what the pole looked like.)

I bought an '89 that incidentally had an '87 front end on it and had my Uncle's shop put it on my car
The 89:

Dude kept the 89 turns, fogs and grills for whatever reason :hey:

And the Supra as it is now with the brown parts on the front and the dented driver's side fender:

A LOT of time was spent getting the frame perfect again, luckily the frame didn't crack or break anywhere.

New goodies going on it with body work and paint, bought the hood and bumper from kssweeper here on the board:

Hood is filthy but straight.

And this is what 600 dollars of trim looks like

I'd already spent 600 bucks on trim so figured i'd spend 16 for a new turbo badge

I should have my car back within a couple weeks and i'll post pictures when it is done. Shortly after it gets back from paint it'll be getting bic ddp, apexi n-1, lexus afm, 550s, profec-b, safc-II and a tune. I ran a 14.8 at 94 with a 2.3 60ft with just air filter and mbc at 10psi, so hopefully with everything i'm putting on I can be well into the 13s with DRs. Oh and wheels + suspension soon too :bigthumb: .

Now a lot of people say the previous owner of their car babied it, but this dude was the second owner and he and the original owner both kept anal logs of everything. I have all service receipts (Including headgasket in 99 ;)) and even a little booklet logging EVER car wash, EVERY gas fill, EVERY wiperblade replacement and everything. It is almost scary :run: but makes me happy. I'm still in progress of replacing every maintenence part while putting performance stuff on it, every hose every pipe and everything. I bought it with 153k and it has 163 now so the 16 year and 163k mile hoses are brittle :). Oh and it has every option besides super monitor, blue leather is still in good condition with only 1 small tear and the the top of the rear seats are baked.

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
wow the trim is PERFECT i'm guessing new from toyota! :) GL MAN!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TaSe said:
wow the trim is PERFECT i'm guessing new from toyota! :) GL MAN!
Yeah, bought it all from Curt at Elmhurst just last week. Thanks man!

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
600.... phew. But it does look nice though

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Don't worry I've payed that much for lots of things lol. Looks good though, I thought that trim looked damn good!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Killer MK3 said:
best of luck man i hope you hit the jack pot with it!! :bigthumb:
Thanks man, tons of stuff is going into this thing soon.

Oh and I forgot to add I bought stock replacement turn signals, not feeling the clear corners. They were what I could find when I first got the front end put on.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Nearly done! I've never seen it without the spoiler before haha.

He painted the rear driver's side corner just to see how the paint looked and MAN it looks beautiful! Just a couple days away from completion, i'll post pictures after I get it back and put on my new front lip, grill, and foglights if anyone wants to see it.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SlimFastSupra said:
Wow that is hot, I wish all 87 owners gave their car that kind of love.
Me too! I get so much flak for doing all of the body work and paint instead of go fast parts.

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Im Loving it man, good job and good luck! :bigthumb:

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
nice!! but i still wonder how the pole looks like. haha

what color are you painting it btw?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
driftedmk3 said:
nice!! but i still wonder how the pole looks like. haha

what color are you painting it btw?
The color it used to be, Toyota 8e3 Blue.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts