Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I finally went to the track with my goal of hitting high 11's in the 1/4 mile. I was all ready to go with my new BFG dragradials, a half tank full of mostly C16 gas and my AVCR set to 24psi. Unfortunantly during a long, agressive second gear burnout, my car hit some kind of bump and the tranny took a dump. The car stalled and then the car would not go into any gear at all without grinding and stalling.

First I find low compression in one cylinder, now I blow my transmission on a burnout. My cars been very reliable for over 3 years, but you know what they say: When it rains, it pours.

·
Super Moderator
10,167 Posts
What a bummer! :(

At least R154's are cheap.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
damn bro sucks to hear that. i just lost a tranny to my new turbo and high boost. i put a used one in and i added that redline shockproof. i suggest you get the shockproof. that stuff is no joke. my new(used)tranny seems to be holding perfeclty fine

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
MRSUPRA said:
my car hit some kind of bump and the tranny took a dump.
:lol: that rhymed!

sorry to hear that tho, let us know when you break 11!

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
how would that happen?

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I talked to some people today and I'm thinking it might just be the clutch that broke. Either way the trasmission has to be pulled. What a pain... I should be back up and running soon enough hopefully. And I still want that 11.**

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"That sux-get i back up, im sure you can break 11s with your driving skill!"

Thanks, yeah one clean run should put me in the 11's.

"That must have been expensive to tow home."

$100 dollar tow job. $45 in race gas. And a blown up clutch during the burnout= Priceles.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The pedal pressure is exactly the same. It just seems like the clutch is not doing anything. Its hard to get in gear, and if I try starting it in gear, the car just jerks forward.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,223 Posts
the story of my life with the 7m and r154..

low compression, blown syncro's/bearings...

One bad night.

·
1991 1JZ
1,157 Posts
MRSUPRA said:
The pedal pressure is exactly the same. It just seems like the clutch is not doing anything. Its hard to get in gear, and if I try starting it in gear, the car just jerks forward.
jerks with no grinding? your tranny may be ok.

·
9,000,000 lbs of BOOOOST!
625 Posts
check ur slave cyl

·
Registered
6,475 Posts
as they say,
if you are not breaking parts you are not going fast enough ;)

·
Registered
362 Posts
do you have a spec clutch? that same thing happened to me. one of the straps on the pressure plate broke.

R

·
0 Posts
ive blown five r154s in one month after the fifth i just parked the car but i figured out my sup can do 2nd and 3rd gear burn outs

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Sorry about the mishap Matt. The first thing I thought of was clutch also. I had the exact thing happen to me but mine turned out to be linkage. That was in the ole GTO years ago. I had to start it in 1st and shift with no disengagement.
That trick is to get the RPMs exactly where it would be in the next gear at the present speed and it will slip right in. I wish I was there. I think I could have saved you $100.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts