Supra Forums banner

641 - 654 of 654 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is directed towards "SupraDr" as I think you were talking about the QS I am looking at now. The 3285 VIN one is apparently for sale now. I read through this thread trying to make sure it's legit, but am slightly confused. Are we saying this one has been wrecked or there is general concern over condition? I saw the carfax link somebody posted in here. Doesn't indicate any wrecks. If any of you Supra experts can help on this one, I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
This is directed towards "SupraDr" as I think you were talking about the QS I am looking at now. The 3285 VIN one is apparently for sale now. I read through this thread trying to make sure it's legit, but am slightly confused. Are we saying this one has been wrecked or there is general concern over condition? I saw the carfax link somebody posted in here. Doesn't indicate any wrecks. If any of you Supra experts can help on this one, I'd appreciate it.
3285 is my car that I currently own & IS NOT for sale. The car was never wrecked/ in a accident. It was repainted & right door was replaced
do to rust. (Should have been repaired, but the owner did not know what he had) I have extensive pictures of before, during & after. If
anyone sees this car for sale anywhere please contact me w/ a link so I can have the add taken down. I have no plans of selling this car.
JMS I hope you did not send a deposit because that sale is a scam.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No money lost for me personally. The listing was on cars.com as recently as this morning. Just went to look for it and now it doesn't show up, not surprising. Hopefully that doesn't mean somebody got scammed. I sent an email to the seller/dealer via cars.com last night and the actual seller replied this morning. I found it strange a specific person replied and not a dealer rep or something. The dealer listed on cars.com for the car was an Ohio dealer, but the guy verbally told me in email the car is in Houston and he's in the UK right now but trying to sell it. I knew that the price was low, even not being a Supra pro, just using common sense, but figured I'd inquire anyway on the off chance somebody was selling it and didn't know what they had. Always wanted a Supra, never even driven one sadly. I wasn't even positive if it was purely a Quicksilver. I started googling the VIN though in an effort to find history. It took me to an old listing from new jersey, which then I noticed the identical pictures which led me to question it. Then the guy who messaged me yesterday sent similar pics. So yeah I was skeptical the whole time clearly. Another link in that google search brought me to this forum and this thread specifically bringing up that 3285 vin. It's amazing what the internet can try to fabricate but this one still was poorly set up it appears. I took some screenshots of the listings I think before it got taken down. I can send them to you if interested.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Glad you didn't send a deposit. PM'd you so as not to clutter this thread.
Thanks John

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Just learned something pretty cool about my QSFX 6MT. I had Speed For Sale do an updated appraisal, and they pointed out that as best as anyone can know, my car is the Quicksilver unit #1 made for the USDM.:)

If you go to the supra registry, filter for Quicksilver and US market, you get 146 units including auto and NA. Mine is the first one listed by having the earliest frame code.

·
Stock Twins King
4,415 Posts
Has this been updated at all in the last 2 years? This is the most recent post by Anthony's Supra Registry on ALL QS. If accurate, total of 115 made. The original MKiV said there were a total of 33 Turbo versions.Obviously Anthony has dug up quite a bit more.

641 - 654 of 654 Posts