Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Supra Addict Since 1984
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my HKS SSBOV mounted this week. My friend Matt noticed a disconnected VSV hose. Probably been that way for weeks. We also shimmed the wastegate...

Long story short, the numbers I ran tonight were finally respectable for this altitude (5000 ft.)

My first pass was my best ever: reaction time .581, 60' 2.173, 1/8 8.484, 1/4 12.804 at 112.75 mph. The other two runs were consistently within two tenths of that mark.

I can't wait to see how she will do in Vegas next month. I'm sure that a little tuning, and tweaking the S-AFC and VPC (which are both set a factory presets) won't hurt either.

Thanks,

John
www.utahracing.com/supras/john.html

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Good job John! Is the low mph due to the altitude??

Jay

·
Supra Addict Since 1984
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Long time no talk, Jay!

Nice work on the RSP paint job. What olor was it before the conversion?

I know that the less dense air at this altitude means the turbos have to labor harder compared to sea level. I'm sure it also has an impact on trap speeds. I see cars at sea level with similar mods running 11's.

It's no screaming single, but I'm having fun with her.

Thanks Jay!

John

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Re: Long time no talk, Jay!

RSP TRD TT said:
Nice work on the RSP paint job. What olor was it before the conversion?

I know that the less dense air at this altitude means the turbos have to labor harder compared to sea level. I'm sure it also has an impact on trap speeds. I see cars at sea level with similar mods running 11's.

It's no screaming single, but I'm having fun with her.

Thanks Jay!

John
John...yeah, it has been a while...the car use to be black. Glad you're having fun with the car...I'm hoping to get to our nice Sea Level ;) tracks in the next week or two!

Jay

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
Congrats on your numbers!!!

·
Administrator
17,224 Posts
Congratulations John...and thanks for the phone call when you set the time. It sounds quite impressive for 5000 feet of elevation! :D :D :D

Steve T.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts