Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, friends and neighbors, it's time to step up and demonstrate your commitment to the Supra community. Yeah, you, you and you.....you know who you are. You are the guys that attend meet after meet, enjoying the friendship and comraderie, eating good food, checking out the dope cars and then easing on out without a backward look. Maybe you post a quick thank you on SF, but that's about it.

It's time to change all that. It's time for YOU to help out for a worthy cause. As most, if not all, of you know, Ryan Hawkins, FOR THE THIRD TIME, is organizing the mother of all meets to coincide with the release of F & F 3 (there's already a stickie on it, so no need to discuss the details here). Ryan needs help organizing and managing this event. There is a LOT to do when organizing one of these events. I have some experience organizing Supra-centric events, but nothing on this scale. If you've never done it, you have no clue how much work it truly is.

Now is the time to change all that. Don't PM me. PM or email Ryan and ask him how you can be of assistance. Respond to this thread letting him know of your willingness to assist. If you commit to helping out, make sure you meet your commitment. There's nothing worse than the organizer expecting to have an area covered, only to find out that the help didn't show up for one bonehead reason or another. All of us have benefitted from Ryan's long-standing commitment to the Supra community, the most recent example of which is an article about TX 2K6 in the current edition of Turbo mag, pics and narrative by Mr. Hawkins himself.

I'm sure Ryan is going to need assistance organizing the parking layout by make and model and receiving payments for movie tickets for guys who have failed to PayPal him. If you already know him, and he trusts you, that's not too much of a problem, but if you don't know him and haven't PayPaled him, please do so ASAP. He's FRONTING the money for the tickets, so a bit of consideration in paying up in a timely manner would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure there's other meet-related stuff that needs to be done, but you won't know unless you monitor this thread or PM/email Ryan directly. I'm sure when he sees this thread, he'll post up the areas in which additional assistance is needed.

Remember, many are called, but few are chosen. Be a part of the chosen for the biggest meet this side of SILV06. Peace.

Ken.

·
Premium Member
4,972 Posts
Thank you very, very much Ken!

It does take a lot of work, but it is a lot of fun too...

Getting Supra specific rows and trying to get other cars in the same area as well is something I'm definitely going to need help with. And without the valet helping this year, it's going to be a headache collecting money for parking as well. I'm still working out the details with the Block on how much they're going to want to block of spaces for us, but I'm sure it won't be cheap.

I'll have movie tickets of course, wristbands to help us and security keep track of who should and shouldn't be in our area as well as the raffle, etc. I'm not sure of specific tasks at this point, but a little help would definitely be welcome. :)

·
Super Moderator
10,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^^That's some funny shit, Brad. Ryan did say in another thread that guys were banging on his bedroom window.......

Help still needed, guys. Remember, the meet is only five days away. TIA and, Luis (1Badsup), I told my wife when I posted this thread that you would be the first to respond, Supra enthusiast that you are. Thanks.

Ken.

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
KenHenderson said:
^^^That's some funny shit, Brad. Ryan did say in another thread that guys were banging on his bedroom window.......

Help still needed, guys. Remember, the meet is only five days away. TIA and, Luis (1Badsup), I told my wife when I posted this thread that you would be the first to respond, Supra enthusiast that you are. Thanks.

Ken.
Will the black beast be there?

·
Feck Off My Internets
1,157 Posts
Ryan I have that friday off from work so I can be there at anytime to help get it set up.. PM me your cell and ill give ya a ring to figure out what needs be done.

p.s. I do have experience in setting up large events and it IS a pain in the ass but worth it none the less so I know the feeling! Ill be your wingman!

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
KenHenderson said:
^^^That's some funny shit, Brad. Ryan did say in another thread that guys were banging him in his bedroom.......

Ken.
Finally admitted it to you. Awesome..coming out is cool these days! :sadance:

·
Super Moderator
10,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
kevganzon said:
Will the black beast be there?
Kevin,

If you're talking about my car, yes, it will be there. How's your NA-TT project coming? Will we see the results at F & F 3?

Supramang, thanks for stepping up. The fact that you have the day off will make a big difference as well. Thanks again.

Ken.

·
Premium Member
4,972 Posts
This one's turning out to be a whole bunch more work than any of the past events. The Block doesn't currently have valet service, so after working through all of the options, I'm stuck doing what I'd tried to avoid at the past events.... Cutting the Block a $2k check, plus potential costs for a few extra security guards for the cars, permits from the city, etc.

While they won't budge on the cost, they are willing to give me more space... If we have as many cars as last time, it won't be a big deal and $10 per car will cover it... I'm not sure on how many people we had RSVP'd at this point last time, but basically in order to be able to pull this off and not lose money, we need a lot of people...

If we just go off of 90 cars, it would be just over $20 per person which is a little steep, so we need more cars.... I'd love to keep it at $10, but $15 might be reasonable, but then we'd need practically everyone RSVP'd to bring a car. So please round up as many (cool, friendly car people) as you can to bring their cars out.

CLIFFS: Parking will probably be $15, and I'm going to have to lay out well over $2k for parking alone, so please round up more cars to come out.

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
RSA Supra said:
Nope, the movie is the same $10 and in the past we paid the valet guys $10 each to have our designated areas and have the cars watched and protected.
OK so to be safe I need to bring 40 bucks, for me and a date.

·
Super Moderator
10,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Brad,

Looks to me like it should be $50 if the number of vehicles confirmed stays roughly where it is now, meaning $15/person for parking. You gonna rustle up some more cars with cool car people from all your club contacts?

I spoke with TrackAddict (formerly supdawg79), Daniel S., and left his celly on Ryan's voicemail. Daniel has many, many car club contacts and is willing to lend assistance to get more cars at the event. Plus, all of his major meets have been in Newport Beach, so he knows which clubs (and people) are po po-friendly and will not be burning out in the parking lot or on nearby streets. Between, you, Daniel, me and a few others, we should be able to raise the vehicle attendance number, possibly substantially. For planning purposes, I think we should tell folks to plan for $25/person. Then if we succeed in our efforts, they will be pleasantly surprised at having to pay less.

Ken.

·
Ex Supra Owner
1,077 Posts
Damn, i want to make it and i am going to try but for me to try and drive from 5pm in traffic ventura county down to orange county is going to kill me

·
Super Moderator
10,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Come on, Dan. We need more cars, especially beautiful, red, Blitz-wheeled, 620 whp cars like yours. Just takes a little commitment to drive that 6MT, some of it in bumper-to-bumper, all that distance. But that's what you got her for, right? Hope to see you there. Post up when you know for sure and don't forget the ride home in virtually no traffic will more than make up for the ride down.

Ken.

·
Super Moderator
10,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
braddman said:
OK so to be safe I need to bring 40 bucks, for me and a date.
You're right. You said "for me and a date". My famous reading comprehension and arithmetic skills let me down again.

Ken.

·
To the MSB BAtman!
1,689 Posts
i wont be much help since i am vacationing in palm springs at the time but i will bring a couple of cars to meet me there when i arrive so we can fill this parking lot.

see all of you there.

Daniel

·
HKS T04Z & Vpro Equipped
3,149 Posts
Hey guys I am in for sure now... I am getting it registered on thurs morning and should be good to go. I still have one problem with my bank and the fraud deal I told you about Ken so I am unable to paypal any money out until friday the earliest. Waiting for the police report to come back, but I still have cash if there is a way I can pay when I get there. If there is a way that can be arranged for me due to the situation I am in then I should be able to get there early and help out Ryan and Luis with anything they may need.

So Ryan give me a call on my cell at 661-212-5468 if you need help and the time you would need me there. Also wondering if it alright if I pay the cash on Friday as soon as I get there due to my account being frozen? Let me know I am down to help you with whatever you need.

Louie

1 - 20 of 37 Posts