Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So the worst day so far has just happend i lost my supra forever it cought on fire and now it's going to a auto wrecker, so the story is i was on my way home from sacramento going to reno and as i was halfway home i started to smell some burnt pineneedles and so i thought it was the trees all around me well then i looked in my rear view and saw smoke trailing behind me so i pulled over and looked i saw the smoke coming from the top of my bumper but inside the car so i thought well maybe i ran something over and it him my exhaust and i get back in and leave then i was just coming into reno and the rear started to smoke really bad so i get off the next exit and look and look cant see anything but smoke then i realized my car is on fire somewhere but i couldent see the flame untill it started to come out the side molding and the top of the bumper it metlted the bupmer and i kicked it down to throw something on it and it had already got to the fuel line and there it went i sat there and watched my most fav car i have ever owned the car i got my first speeding ticket in burn up right in front of me. this has been the saddest day ever for me and yesterday my memorial day went to my supra. here are some pics. R.I.P.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys yea i had alot of plans for it 1jz swap paint and ect it had a 3" full exhaust stage 3 clutch ect...
the worst thing is there is not a single mk3 for sale around my area at all.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
That sucks, but think of all the time you have free to spend on writing lessons :D

Keep your chin up, there's more out there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
that happened to my 02 rsx turbo before i got my supra last october. i feel bad for you.

·
Registered
894 Posts
dang bro sorry bout that.........

·
BOOST IS BETTER!!
180 Posts
Wow that totally sucks. I dont know if i could have watced it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I feel for you man, I got to literally watch my first car (mint Iroc with an ls1) burn in my drive way because my dad wanted to take it to the store and had a seizure about 20 feet from parking it.

Insurance going to help you out here?

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
I feel for you man, I got to literally watch my first car (mint Iroc with an ls1) burn in my drive way because my dad wanted to take it to the store and had a seizure about 20 feet from parking it.

?

I totally didn't understand that story... What was the cause of your fire?

·
Supra Dead Head
573 Posts
yeah man that sucks sorry to hear that another MKIII is gone.

I have just one question and i hate to be that guy but why did you keep driving and not do a full inspection after you saw smoke coming from your car ?

·
Registered
43 Posts

?

I totally didn't understand that story... What was the cause of your fire?
My dad insisted on borrowing my car, had a seizure while driving it down my driveway and hit a tree. Some how that resulted in a fire. I have no idea how the fire happened exactly as there wasn't much left to investigate. But between being held at the rev limit for minutes and the damage from the collision something got hot and hit the fuel line.

·
Supra Hoarder...
958 Posts
sorry for your loss, this is my biggest fear and the reason I recirculated my downpipe..:(

1 - 20 of 61 Posts