Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Keeper of the Ring
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure many of you have read the main page logging on to the site. Reads like this.

Hello fellow SupraForums member:

As some of you already know, we have recently changed
hosting companies and upgraded to faster servers. We
have upgraded to 4 brand new Dell servers, 2 for
database hosting and 2 for web serving. These top of
the line servers will allow us to run the forums
quickly for some time to come. We are also increasing
our bandwidth from 2.5Mbps to 3.5Mbps, so you can
expect 40% quicker download times as well. Our new
host is offering us many advantages over our previous
host: 24/7 monitoring in case any database, web, or
hacking issues arise; one of the largest Cisco
firewalls in the USA; and our host is used by 29 of
the nation’s Fortune 500 companies

Now the Ironic part is this message that I get all the time during the daytime hours.

vBulletin Message
Sorry, the server is overloaded. Thank you for your patience.

Hence killing post and progress. Will the server upgrade on the 4th help improve this area of the site? One thing is for sure. It shows this forum is growing at an alarming rate of traffic and that's a good thing.

·
Turbo Pilot Since 1983
1,116 Posts
I know how to solve the problem!

As far as I’m concerned the membership should be required to pay for access and offer a non-payment but limited access membership, obviously limiting access to certain areas of the site. Use Tundraforums as an example. This could serve several purposes. The first being the ability to generate funds to upgrade the system and second being to run off anyone that isn’t really serious about the Toyota Supra.

I’m sure if this idea were to be implemented there would be so much screaming that know one would even mind on mention those sorry, the server is overloaded statements.

Again this is just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

David

·
4,109 Posts
ZBlacktt said:
LOL, it shows some of us don't spend every waking moment on here, lol. Some of us have real Money to make :D

Thanks for the link.
So see, I'm not lame, and it wasn't look at me, I was trying to look out for you:p

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
oh god, no wonder we are always having problems, theres like 18290873789 threads already discussing this issue

:locked:

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Who knows. Mabye becasue the initial didnt focus on the overload. jsut that he observed the initial page and that we must have quite a large community for that stuff to happen.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
Heh I was just going to make this post today.

I would happily pay 100 a year to be a member of this site if I could search more than once every 30 seconds, didn't get those errors, and could post anything my little heart desired.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.