Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Respect
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this car was announced a while back but i just saw pictures and read fully about it in SCC. I'd have to say its probably one of the most impressive street cars every to come out of japan. Its already the first production street car to be in the tens stock! I know most you guys will agree that a skyline is nothing special and isn't a supercar. But THIS skyline is one that will tripple in price in 10 years.

·
BOOBIES
3,214 Posts
Yes I think everyone can agree that that car is sweet as hell... Perfect right out of the factory.

·
Respect
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes there was a thread a while back that had info about it but i dont' remember pics. Anways i was just so amazed at it from reading the article that i had to post because i was freakn out.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Yeah I'm a huge fan of Skyline's (and no, not because I'm a stupid ricer obsessed with rarity :eek: ) The Z-tune just amazes me...it looks so perfect and I'm sure drives perfectly, too.

·
Respect
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I just looked at the thread and wasn't that a prototype? From the pics of that car you had and from the pics i've seen i think its a different car. Also you didn't have engine bay pics. The actual car looks like the one in the pic above, finished. Not the one with decals on the side.

·
Respect
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kaneda said:
other than CF fenders and a different front bumpers, as well as a few small details, it's the same.
Other than the different bumpers, interior, fenders, engine bay, paint etc.....I'll try and get some larger pics of the fenders and the whole car.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah i read that article BUT!!! I'm no car expert but how does a 3580lbs car with 500 CRANK HP pull of a 10sec 1/4mile???? If thats the case then the top speed must be around 130mpg because of the very very very very close gear ratios. But then again what do i know.

·
shotaro kaneda
2,048 Posts
top speed is well in excess of 200 mph. i've seen 550 hp GT-R do 190 mph with 3,000 usable RPM left on the tach. this car has around 600. if i had to guess i'd say that the car's top speed given enough space is close to 220 mph.

10 seconds is simply a matter of the world's greatest AWD system paired with great throttle response and good tires.

·
Respect
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
They say that its been highly underrated. But they say it pulled 500awhp to all the wheels. You lose lots of hp through the drive line when you have awd. But one thing your forgetting is an awd cars 60'. These things launch soo crazy and make up soo much time in the first few seconds. But i guess you can compare it to sheps full weight street dsm that runs 8's with just over 600awhp!! The funny thing is that, they bought a hand full of v spec r34's and stipped them down to the shell to make these. The amazing thing is how much detail and little performance things they've done. Instead of putting in a roll bar to make the car more ridged they spotwelded everything! And all the struts braces and way bars are titanium. Its got all forged engine internals with bored out block and a hand ported head. Dual oil coolers on each side of the front bumper and a trans cooler in the rear. Two downpipes that go 3/4's the way to the rear of the car where they meet up to one pipe. Carbon fiber driveshaft with carbon fiber moled to the floor pans.

Most won't realize it but were living in a time where supercars are coming back. Every manufacturer is coming up with sports cars and there special supercar. The fast cars are coming back and there going to make history !!

Oh also, im sure you guys have seen that video of the c6 corvett with just a fe bolt on's running 11s. I doubt that think comes close to 500 crank hp with an exhaust. That thing is running 11s with just a few bolt ons and 400hp+. I can't imagine what the zo6 is going to run with the same mods. 10's with awd is easy!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.