Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well last night i finally got the engine and tranny inside that damn god forsaken pice of scrap metal that is shaped to look like a mkiii supra. Filled the engine oil up with a smile, 5 quarts(i know thats a lil too much but only by .3 qrts) after that i filled up the transmission with the fluids hooked up the battery, checked for vaccum lines and all electrical. Filled up some gas and I though i was good to go.... then key turns over. Engine turns over, and over, and over, and over again, BUT it does not wanna start.... so i check the sparkplugs, ofcourse the cylinder was flooded, I let that air out, changed the sparkplugs cause the old ones were bad, i taught that was going to solve the problem.... and off we go again. This time we tried putting some cold start stuff in the intake..... worked, but backfired and shut off, i figured out some stuff out called a friend and it came down to my plugs being in wrong. Key turns over again.... Nothing, I was down to my last resorts. What could be wrong what could have happened. After a short evaluation me and my neighbor came up to a conclusion. It Was the fuel pump... surely it was, or so i think. We checked the fuel lines for pressure.... NONE!... i checked the tank for fuel pump noise... NONE!... I went inside the house feeling defeated and beat up, by driveshafts!!!! damn two pc fell on my head :(.... Right now im unshure if its the fuel pump or the fuel relay, because i know its suposed to make noise when you turn the ignition on, it doesent. So i realy hope its just a relay a friend of mine who lives about an hr away has a spare 89 turbo relay just like i need, he said i can have it.... and he has a parts car wich still has the gas tank wich he said i could have also....

My question is, what could be causing my problem? Also can someone show me a picture or a diagram of where the fuel pump really is and what is the easiest way to remove and replace it.

CLIFFS: got the engine in, got excited, started her up nothing but turning over... checked some things, figured out there is a problem with the fuel pump, or the fuel pump relay, dont know wich one it is, have the parts to replace, need second opinion.

PS: God of Jelly and Jam is a Dane Cook joke thouse who do not know who he is look him up, he's an awsome comedian.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts

·
I heart 80's Toyota's
631 Posts
SupraTTurbo2JZ said:
Right now im unshure if its the fuel pump or the fuel relay, because i know its suposed to make noise when you turn the ignition on, it doesent.

Actually the fuel pump in these cars does not cycle with ignition.. the car has to be cranking... to check for pump operation:

Turn ignition to on

using a wire jump terminals +B and Fp in the diag connecter box thing

If the you hear the pump the system should be fine.

-Dustin

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What i am about to tell you is probably the dumbest mistake a supra owner has ever made... im probably gonna have to a FEW flame suits...

The sensor for the fuel pump was unplugged. The lady started up after i pluged it in... she has a few problems here and there but nothing that is unfixable...... I guess the god of jelly and jam is on my side now :cool:

**starts building the WALL of ANTI FLAME material around his perif.**

·
Boost Dealer
980 Posts
Glad you got it fixxed, nice what a fresh set of eyes will do eh?

Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts