Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Administrator
17,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all MKIV Supra owners and enthusiasts,

I just wanted to let you know that my revised hardtop registry for 1993-1995 Supra hardtops (and NA-T/International hardtops) is online at its new location:

http://www.suprahardtopregistry.com

This domain was selected specifically by me so that people would not have any trouble remembering the address of the registry, and I'm happy to announce that it's now live and ready for viewing after a few weeks of work. I have changed the format a bit to include frames, which allows for more intuitive browsing and navigation while on the site. I am also planning several new features for the future of the registry, including a section devoted to weight reduction mods, and also a section to discuss parts available specifically for the Supra hardtop.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated, as I want to make this site reflect what the Supra hardtop enthusiasts want, and I will continue to work towards that goal. One feature I'd like to add (which is very much influenced from t04r.com, is the ability for all members to include a short "biography" section which documents their history with their car. If you would like to submit a biography for your car that is already featured, please feel free to submit it to me at [email protected] anytime.

I know that many of the hardtops have changed owners since my site was created, and I welcome all new members and owner changes as well. Most of all, I want to formally welcome all Supra hardtop enthusiasts to come visit the new site, add it to your Favorites/Bookmarks, and continue to send me your suggestions/updates as they happen. Thanks to all! :)

·
Number three Hardtopper
585 Posts
I can't wait to be apart of this wonderful collaborated site. Good Idea about adding a weight reduction section. This site is not only cool but also informational.

JDM stock twins weigh 60lbs.

Is anyone interested in a Hardtop Shirt? We already have the stickers :)

·
Administrator
17,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Justin,

My apologies for the delay getting your car added. I'm almost done, but made the priority getting the site moved since I had more time to get it done over the weekend. Sorry about that, and I'll have you up as a proud 1994 member shortly. :)

Steve T.

·
Number three Hardtopper
585 Posts
racing fan said:
Brad Dierman's link is broken.
LOL :dunno: It should have been broken A long time ago :ar1::grenade"

BTW- no hurry steve

·
456 Posts
that's what i call devotion..props for making that beautiful site! I enjoyed browsing through and reading the bibliographies :D

·
Administrator
17,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ryan,

Yes...please e-mail me your info, location, and a couple shots of your car. That, and any information you'd like people to know about you.

The link to Brads former car is broken intentionally...it's now Justin's Supra, and I'm almost done with his update! :)

Steve T.

J

·
0 Posts
Nice site, Steve. I'll be emailing you with updates as soon as I finish installing the single.

Looking forward to the weight reduction page as well...

Jim

·
Administrator
17,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys!

Craig, site should not be down. Try again soon.

Jim, I look forward to your submission, and I look forward to the weight reduction section too. If anyone want to start submitting weights, please feel free to do so. I'd like to have two categories: stock parts and aftermarket parts. That way people can get extra utility from the list. This will be one section of the hardtop registry that caters to lightweight targa owners, who are VERY cool in my book! :D

Brian, please do send an update and biography anytime. As far as T-shirts, I'm happy to entertain ideas, but would ask for volunteers if someone really wanted to do that. The reason I got away from running an online business is to give myself more time...so I'd prefer to let someone else deal with that. I'd be more than happy to provide information and post the shirt information too. I do have digital templates for the Hardtoppers stickers on file that I can provide too...but I like to actually give those away at the national meets. :)

Steve T.

·
Administrator
17,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also, if you have scale verified weights of your actual Supras, I'd like to start a Top Ten lightest turbo Supras section, and MAY even open it up to targa guys/gals since I love lightweight Supra enthusiasts. You won't get member pages, but I can provide links to your own site from mine if you have a truly lightweight targa T or TT! :)

No BS or guesstimates though...scale verified only (which means my own car does not yet qualify at all). ;)

Steve T.

·
Administrator
17,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jim,

I didn't want to copy the site you referenced without their permission (I haven't asked, but have actually submitted some of those weights to them), but I am familiar with that excellent resource as well. My goal is to develop the premiere site for Supra weight reduction junkies, but I need a lot of help to get it done. I also need some ideas on how to validate the actual weights, since I will not know accuracy of some of the potential submissions. :)

Steve T.

·
Administrator
17,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh, I found a bug with my new layout, but before a ton of people let me know...I'll just disclose I already know about it!

If you go to a member specific page and click on the "Return to Main Page" link at the bottom, it will load you to the old hardtop registry. Then, when you click that link it will load the entire site with frames within the large frame on the site, so you'll have frames within frames. No problem...I just need to fix this. The unfortunate part for me is that it means touching every single member page, but I am planning to reduce the font size anyway...so now I'll get my chance. :)

Steve T.

J

·
0 Posts
Steve,

I think the easiest thing to do is encourage multiple submissions. That way, you can take some sort of average (and throw out the obviously erroneous entries) to get an accurate weight. Also, you could list how many submissions you've gotten for each part so that readers would know how accurate a given weight is.

To be honest, I'm surprised the big parts shops are not helping with this. I would think someone like MVP or HPF who sell a lot of different parts and who have the parts in-stock could help a lot here...

Jim

·
The new #1 Hardtopper
1,572 Posts
jtanner said:
Steve,

I think the easiest thing to do is encourage multiple submissions. That way, you can take some sort of average (and throw out the obviously erroneous entries) to get an accurate weight. Also, you could list how many submissions you've gotten for each part so that readers would know how accurate a given weight is.

To be honest, I'm surprised the big parts shops are not helping with this. I would think someone like MVP or HPF who sell a lot of different parts and who have the parts in-stock could help a lot here...

Jim
Usually they only have "packcged" weights.

·
Administrator
17,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jim,

Great idea and I'm happy to do that. I'm friends with enough of the big shops that I might be able to encourage them for certain items to be weighed too. Having a lot of friends in the community might be of great service to get this parts weight list created.

Thanks again for the great idea! Then there will be not only a parts weight, but also a "confidence rating" associated with it. :)

Steve T.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts