Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where will the supra place in 10 years whether it be drag racing or auto-cross or road racing or street monster? Will it still have aftermarket backing it up? Will the car still have it mark in the car enthusiast world or fade to the bottom? Will it turn into a classic or fade away as a lost gem?

·
Registered
13,568 Posts
In ten years it'll still be in my garage, when I'm not driving it, except with classic car tags, and I think/hope it'll qualify for running in classic car roadcourse events where I'll be still driving it as hard as I can. And lots of people will still be saying "hey, there's one of those rare classic Supras, damn that thing is still faster than most modern supercars!"

·
Banned
39 Posts
The MKIV Supra was waaaayyyyyy advanced in the 90's. That was just a taste of what the Japanese can do. The MKIV Supra is a LEGEND and will always continue to carry that rep forever. Its a one of a kind automobile thats hard to explain. Everyone keeps questioning this for some reason probably because of the Nissan Skyline GTR thats coming out. Honest truth, it will never have the reliability/power/reputation as the Supra. The new GTR isn't going to have the rep as a Supra nor will it be one of a kind because the MKIV Supra was first in terms of achieving the reputation it receives today. When you're rolling in a modded Singled Supra nobody thats smart will run you. Sure, you get the ricers and other crap. But when you get to know what I'm talking about only GSXR-1k and Hayabusa bikes challenge you. It's because other cars on the road from a 40 roll stand no chance.

·
95Turbo
930 Posts
In ten years it'll still be in my garage, when I'm not driving it, except with classic car tags, and I think/hope it'll qualify for running in classic car roadcourse events where I'll be still driving it as hard as I can. And lots of people will still be saying "hey, there's one of those rare classic Supras, damn that thing is still faster than most modern supercars!"
:wavey: :agreed: :bigok:

·
Banned
39 Posts
The MKIV Supra gets respect from people in exotic sports cars like Ferrari's/Lambo's, Domestic, and Ricers. Its a good feeling revving at a Lamborghini Diablo VT at a light and having the driver roll down his window and say, "You'll beat me, I always loved the Supra". Priceless. :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
It will not "fade away as a lost gem?", They will still fade out of sight for the few who have the balls to line up with one. As far as value, I have not heard of a used car factory, less means more for your supra. It is already a classic. Aftermarket parts are like computers, always something better and faster to temp you. I am always wanting to buy something!

·
paid cash 4 my mkiv
8,181 Posts
x7642392423

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Ehh, I'm not so sure the Supra will be all that in 10 years. Sure there will be those few that have a passion for them, and then there will be those that have respect for them. There will still be a following of course - I'm just not so sure about the Value of these cars in 10 years. Some of these lower mileage Supras going for $70k+ is just ridiculous IMO.

When you compare this car to the 67 Camaro.....That's just insane. The Camaro, Mustang, Firebird, Roadrunner, etc... These cars are over 40 years old! Not 20. What other 20 year old car is still a badass? - Not many, and frankly no Mid 80's or Early 90's cars even come to mind except your high end exotics. Don't kid yourself. Now maybe in 40 years - yes, these Supras will be a sight to see. Until then they will simply be very respected sports cars in some circles of enthusiasts.

·
Smalltime Pimp
558 Posts
Ehh, I'm not so sure the Supra will be all that in 10 years. Sure there will be those few that have a passion for them, and then there will be those that have respect for them. There will still be a following of course - I'm just not so sure about the Value of these cars in 10 years. Some of these lower mileage Supras going for $70k+ is just ridiculous IMO.

When you compare this car to the 67 Camaro.....That's just insane. The Camaro, Mustang, Firebird, Roadrunner, etc... These cars are over 40 years old! Not 20. What other 20 year old car is still a badass? - Not many, and frankly no Mid 80's or Early 90's cars even come to mind except your high end exotics. Don't kid yourself. Now maybe in 40 years - yes, these Supras will be a sight to see. Until then they will simply be very respected sports cars in some circles of enthusiasts.

^^^Whatever, you're just bitter cuz yours is an NA.

:urowned:

·
Registered
3,721 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,913 Posts
^^^Whatever, you're just bitter cuz yours is an NA.

:urowned:
I guess mine's "just an NA" too... :1poke:

But you can bet I'll be driving it in 10 years and still getting thumbs-up and winning races.

·
Registered
782 Posts
The Supra will never die it is one of the greatest engineeried cars ever made. In 10 years this car will grow even bigger not die down, i cant even belive you would think it would. This is one of the only cars in which the price increases rather then decreasing, name another car especialy a JDM car in which the prices increases every year other then deacrese (which we have available in the USA). I dont know about you but my babe will still be in my grarage and ill still be proud of it.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Hmm, it's tough to say. I think that the values will certainly level out (we've already seen that some this year). With the worse economy, the number of people willing to shell out $30-40k on a 13 year old sports car will diminish.

Also, you have to take into account what you could buy for the price of a nice, clean used Supra in the coming years. I'm talking 996 TT Porsches, C6 Z06 Corvettes, Ferrari F355s, etc.

Each of those cars is far "more car" than the Supra. I mean, would you want to be rolling in a twin turbo Porsche or a Toyota? I mean really? For the same money? Unless people plan on doing super high HP builds (which is overrated IMO), the Supra gets outperformed buy many cars that are much cheaper.

The Supra will always have a place in the enthusiasts heart, and it is an incredible car, but the hype is starting to wane, IMO, especially when it is no longer the HP and speed king for street cars. The Viper has stolen that crown.

Nevertheless, the cars will hold their value, maybe lose just a bit, but overall it will remain a classic in the history books and respected by enthusiasts and non-enthusiasts alike. :)

·
paid cash 4 my mkiv
8,181 Posts
Where will the supra place in 10 years whether it be drag racing or auto-cross or road racing or street monster? Will it still have aftermarket backing it up? Will the car still have it mark in the car enthusiast world or fade to the bottom? Will it turn into a classic or fade away as a lost gem?
IDK if you have a supra or not, but your profile says you drive a colorado ext cab. So you dont have to worry about the value of supras in next 10 yrs untill you have one or purchase one.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Also, you have to take into account what you could buy for the price of a nice, clean used Supra in the coming years. I'm talking 996 TT Porsches, C6 Z06 Corvettes, Ferrari F355s, etc.

Each of those cars is far "more car" than the Supra. I mean, would you want to be rolling in a twin turbo Porsche or a Toyota? I mean really? For the same money? Unless people plan on doing super high HP builds (which is overrated IMO), the Supra gets outperformed buy many cars that are much cheaper.
:)
It doesn't take a "super high HP build" to squash every car you mentioned in accelleration, 600 WHP will do! Not to mention, for what you pay in yearly upkeep for a Porsche or Ferrari, you could afford to add 100 HP a year to your Supra!

Plus, you would be known as that "snobby Ferrari guy", and some guy would be laughing after his built $10k Mustang blew your doors off!

Al

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
IDK if you have a supra or not, but your profile says you drive a colorado ext cab. So you dont have to worry about the value of supras in next 10 yrs untill you have one or purchase one.
I was just bringing up the question to strike up conversation because I don't think it is a topic that discussed to often. It doesn't matter it I have one or not to be concerned where the supra is going in the future. In few month I will be a mechanic for toyota or lexus shooting for lexus.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
About this Discussion
101 Replies
53 Participants
sinnedarpus
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing