Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I didn't have my big intercooler and big exhaust people had no problem racing me. But now when I got BPU how come when I drive my Supra all the sudden no one wants to race me. I pulled up next to this BMW M5 the other day and rolled down my window asking the driver if he wanted to race. He admitted that he's gonna get beat and let me go ahead of him. This MR2 Turbo pulled up next to me and didn't want to race but he did gives me a thumbs up.

The Supra is no fun when you don't have anyone to race. Maybe I should take off my intercooler and big @ss exhaust. Maybe people will want to race me again.

·
2JZ S13
2,204 Posts
When I didn't have my big intercooler and big exhaust people had no problem racing me. But now when I got BPU how come when I drive my Supra all the sudden no one wants to race me. I pulled up next to this BMW M5 the other day and rolled down my window asking the driver if he wanted to race. He admitted that he's gonna get beat and let me go ahead of him. This MR2 Turbo pulled up next to me and didn't want to race but he did gives me a thumbs up.

The Supra is no fun when you don't have anyone to race. Maybe I should take off my intercooler and big @ss exhaust. Maybe people will want to race me again.
ohnoes: just wait..... it's MARCH! it's still "winter"

·
Ex Supra Owner
1,077 Posts

Probably because not everyone is down to street race. But after reading your thread, I think an M5 would have no problem wiping out your supra that traps 105mph in the 1/4

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
yeah i know what you mean. When I lived in KS, that happened to me too. I wouldnt call it "no fun", its just that there was no competition for me even at BPU level. I cant even imagine how few competitors there will be when i go APU. They better have a boosted viper or something serious.lol

8,181 Posts
When I was on stock IC and after market exhaust, I got off the highway and see an FD RX7 in a parking lot just chilling. The guy followed me to the next light. He asked me to race and what I've got. I said just an exhaust, It's NA and A/T though. Then I asked him is that turbo. He said two of them. The light turns green and we punched after I have 2-3 cars on him he let go. He came next to me and said he missed 2nd gear. We raced again and same result. he just looked fucking pissed and took off.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Man, I wish you were local to me, because I would gladly race a Supra with any of my cars except my own Supra...lol

Camry vs Supra? My Camry traps 121 mph...lol

·
You know I'm retarded...
2,907 Posts
You guy should come here in Los Angeles or Orange County, there plenty racers would race any of you guys even they would use their wackass FWD's or 18 wheelers. Trust me they hate Supras, RX7s and Skylines. Hate! hate! hate! :lol:

·
Registered
773 Posts
hahaha, yeah that's when i was stock.
Beating that M5 is gonna be really hard even at BPU. You know he's got all that electronic trickery to keep him planted while you are spinning your wheels of the line... 4,5 or so to 60 is gonna be hard to get down without a tricky launch control.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
It may be my age now; I take my car out approximately once or twice a month and pray that I don't encounter anyone who wants a race.

I really just prefer driving her, for when I drive her, it always puts a smile on my face.

Some friends ridicule and say why have all that horsepower, I reply, why not!:)

·
93 Hardtopper
834 Posts
It may be my age now; I take my car out approximately once or twice a month and pray that I don't encounter anyone who wants a race.

I really just prefer driving her, for when I drive her, it always puts a smile on my face.

Some friends ridicule and say why have all that horsepower, I reply, why not!:)
QFTW!!!! Although mine is stock.

·
Registered
644 Posts
if you think it is hard getting a race in a supra imagine what it is like driving around a cressida with a 3.5" exhaust and people looking at you like you are crazy.

·
Registered
530 Posts
if you think it is hard getting a race in a supra imagine what it is like driving around a cressida with a 3.5" exhaust and people looking at you like you are crazy.
Are you implying people are scared to race your Cressida because of your exhaust?

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
I am glad nobody really tries to race me anymore. Most of the time people just want to hear the car or see me get on it a little bit. It got annoying before when everyone and their mom wanted to race.

·
On call 24/7
1,569 Posts
Why are you looking for fights? lol. Let the fights come to u. You should be lucky, b/c the m5 will most likely beat your supra. Just enjoy the damn car, if you want to race and have fun..either hit the tracks, or get a 4 banger and rev at everything u see that is fast.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts