Supra Forums banner

3461 - 3480 of 3567 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Europe is in crisis, migrants litter the streets of Calais and Paris, several terror attacks per year, national leaders surrendering judicial and legislative powers to a foreign entity.

Why not wait for them to soften elsewhere? That's a far safer approach and if you were wrong about the softening then at least you haven't ruined your own country that way.
I suppose it depends on your definition of crisis really, living here it doesn't feel like a crisis at all but I agree Calais can't be much fun at times. Absolutely agree it would be better for them to soften else where and for them to probably go through all the women's rights issues and Gay/Lesbian stuff that took us many many decades to get through, but they are here now and so bar a blanket deportation exercise that can't happen for a number of reasons we have to try and work through the issues.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wondering how he is doing while in prison. Can't be pretty. =/
He probably has some support from people in there and I think the authorities will be trying to ensure nothing major happens during his term so I doubt it's too bad (our prisons are pretty soft in comparison to most countries I think?)

·
I'm your huckleberry...
1,976 Posts
I suppose it depends on your definition of crisis really, living here it doesn't feel like a crisis at all but I agree Calais can't be much fun at times. Absolutely agree it would be better for them to soften else where and for them to probably go through all the women's rights issues and Gay/Lesbian stuff that took us many many decades to get through, but they are here now and so bar a blanket deportation exercise that can't happen for a number of reasons we have to try and work through the issues.
I agree for the ones that are here legally already, however mass migration of further such individuals should be curtailed until said softening has occurred and the world has seen at least 10 years with no Islamic terror attacks.

·
I'm your huckleberry...
1,976 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
I agree for the ones that are here legally already, however mass migration of further such individuals should be curtailed until said softening has occurred and the world has seen at least 10 years with no Islamic terror attacks.
Can't argue with that, even us liberal Brits used to immigration from pretty much everywhere have our limits, even recent immigrant communities are often against further immigration!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Except Norway.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/02/norway-rejects-anders-breivik-inhuman-prison-conditions-claim

My halls accommodation at university was more of a prison than that.
:) it is an interesting aspect re prisons and punishments in general, the degree of severity of them in each country. We and the Norwegians are soft in that they are well catered for really whilst still incarcerated and denied freedom but not their life (or even any threat of physical harm - at least not from the people that put them there). The US as far as I know has a wider range some states with the death penalty, some pretty hard prisons from the few documentaries I've seen and also a far more 'life means life' policy and/or longer sentences in general, then further down else where in the world you have the proper hellholes where human rights can be optional and it's an existence if you are lucky.

I'm not sure what if any of them get better results?

·
Trust In Trance
780 Posts
, and may be I'm clouded by my atheism and that I can't imagine being defined by a belief or how strongly people can feel.

Im a strong atheist myself, but first - atheism has nothing to do with how people feel towards each other (atheism is strictly position regarding RELIGION - nothing more, nothing less) And the second, if you are an atheist, that dont embarrass yourself and use your brain like you are using it towards religion - INVESTIGATE! You are using your brain when it comes to religion, you think, you investigate, you apply logic, you educate yourself...and you make rational decision based on the EVIDENCE. Why are you not using that same process here...

You know that their countries never progressed and are one of the most backwards countries today. You know that every country they went to, they caused so much crime, rape and murders. You know that 90% (if not more) all of terrorist attacks today are made by them. You know that their agenda is to own the world. You know that there is no (modern) country in the world where they fully integrate....But you believe that somehow, miraculously , in your country, they will change and adapt all of the sudden.

What parameters do you use to determine that they will change and decide to integrate? Please tell me?

I am open to investigation, my views aren't entrenched,

Ok...and what did you investigate so far? What kind of evidence did you find do support your claim that they will integrate?

and I only came on here because the thread was painting a picture of Europe in crisis etc etc.

Sooo....you are saying Europe has no problem with immigration? Political views are not shifting? Countries within EU are not fighting over immigrants, immigration laws and and position over letting all this people flooding the countries? Spike in crime and rape didnt shake Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Germany.....? No huge spike in mass murders by refugees that enter the country? Etc etc...none of this is true? Or you dont consider all this to be the problem?

The links above show that we in England are semi obsessed (it's over the top for me but that's another issue) with equality, not enough ladies on the boards of major companies, minorities under represented etc etc etc and also we allow people to campaign or put forward odd ideas but that's part of being a free society?

Re the bike link above look past the headline and it's purely about getting more people on cycles in London to reduce traffic and pollution and that at present for whatever reason it's more popular with white (men particularly) people. So it's a push to look at ways to make more people from ethnic minorities use bikes, that's all?

Thats what a brainwashed idiot sees.Amazing!

Sure.....So, they couldnt promote cycling any other way but saying that "Others need to drive so there is no too much WHITES riding a bicycles". Really? This is the excuse you use to "reduce pollution". They couldnt simply say " we dont have a lot of people using bicycles...lets be more proactive guys, let's see more people using the system". Is blaming the whites the only reason that will make people be more pro-cycling?

You chose the mayor who said that "YOU, as a white man, are the problem in your OWN country". "Its TOO MANY OF YOU in the subway, and TOO MANY OF YOU are riding the bicycles".....IN YOUR OWN FUCKING COUNTRY??????? And you chose this motherfucker to lead your capital? Lol...go fuck yourself...

So i'll counter with some support of my views that if it goes well the generations of Muslims will soften/become more tolerant and they and us will condemn blood shed and support for extremism will diminish.

The links show how (sometimes the same) polls can be presented as a good or bad thing, the publication basically targets their target audience, we don't tend to seek out opposing views as they obviously can anger us as this thread proves.

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/comment/muslims-poll-ipsos-mori/

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/news/almost-half-of-uk-muslims-would-not-report-someone-with-is-links-1-7708707

Dude...what do you do? How old are you? Where do you live? Some big city or deeply isolated village? You are not really bright...Are you an atheist because you thought about that or just to piss of religious lunatics around you?

To sum up the first link, it pretty much says " Unless Muslims live in the areas where there are 20-50% muslims, they KIND OF progressed. Not as much as Brits, but....kinda close". And this is just as good for you? This tells you that they will integrate??

Second one gives the example of 9/11 to show how muslims views are similar to non-muslims - "X% thinks US did, Y% thinks its Muslims, Z% thinks its Jews....and its similar to numbers what non-muslims believe....therefore - its means muslims are really not that different then rest of the population in their beliefs"

Like fucking 67 combo facepalms

Did you also read that even with only 3000 people they talked....43% SUPPORTS Sharia law and that 1% even wants "fully separate Islamic areas in Britain"??? No problem with this too??

What a tool you are?

You have no respect for your country, your culture and your traditions.

I don't apologise for holding out for my hope of long term integration as opposed to being doomed to Muslim takeover.

People who are wiling to risk their (country's) safety over HOPE, that is based on NOTHING, are imbeciles.

·
I'm your huckleberry...
1,976 Posts
:) it is an interesting aspect re prisons and punishments in general, the degree of severity of them in each country. We and the Norwegians are soft in that they are well catered for really whilst still incarcerated and denied freedom but not their life (or even any threat of physical harm - at least not from the people that put them there). The US as far as I know has a wider range some states with the death penalty, some pretty hard prisons from the few documentaries I've seen and also a far more 'life means life' policy and/or longer sentences in general, then further down else where in the world you have the proper hellholes where human rights can be optional and it's an existence if you are lucky.

I'm not sure what if any of them get better results?
Well the death penalty saves taxpayer money.

·
Trust In Trance
780 Posts
You make your point eloquently.
When you jump into conversation throwing non-sense ideas and opinions left and right based on nothing, while presenting others as racists, you dont deserve any better.

"I dont know much about that....and you guys do make a point....and everything you said is correct....but i'll still believe what i believe because...i believe its the right way". :rolleyes:

·
Trust In Trance
780 Posts
Spreading fear lol. Let me guess, you believe that "Islamophobia" is a real word, representing racists, am i right?

And if they are non-sense ideas just to me, than explain , WHAT DO YOU BASE YOUR CLAIMS ON? Why do you believe what you believe?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I base my claims on the fact that the vast majority of people are not inherently evil, and do not want to harm others, they just want to get on with their lives and raise a family or follow career goals or do what makes them happy.

So I do not fear muslims I fear some muslims some of the time, and I fear some English people some of the times, for years here we had IRA bombings, so some fear but no countrywide hatred of all the Irish else I certainly do fear we would not have the peace we have not that's what I get from Jim/life is, hate certainly breeds hate.

The rise of extremism and the opposing views we have have come to the fore only in recent times, our history regarding Muslims in general goes back a long way due to the old British Empire days. Thousands fought in World war 1 and 2, so in the same war we all did to stop the Germans, who we also do now not hate. Boring bit from Wiki posted below shows how we got our initial influx of Muslims and it's far from bad news, they assisted us in rebuilding the country post WW2.

Modern era
By 1911, the British Empire had a Muslim population of 94 million, larger than the empire's 58 million Christian population.[45] By the 1920s, the British Empire included roughly half of the world's Muslim population.[44] More than 400,000 Muslim soldiers of the British Indian Army fought for Britain during World War I, where 62,060 were killed in action,[54] and half a million Muslim soldiers of the British Indian Army fought for Britain against the Nazis in World War II.[55] David Lloyd George, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1916 to 1922, stated: "we are the greatest Mahomedan power in the world and one-fourth of the population of the British Empire is Mahomedan. There have been no more loyal adherents to the throne and no more effective and loyal supporters of the Empire in its hour of trial." This statement was later reiterated by Gandhi in 1920.[43]

Muslim mass immigration to Britain began after World War II, as a result of the destruction and labour shortages caused by the war.[56][57] Muslim migrants from former British colonies, predominantly India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh,[56] were recruited in large numbers by government and businesses to rebuild the country.[58] Large numbers of doctors recruited from India and Pakistan, encouraged by health minister Enoch Powell in the early 1960s, also played a key role in the establishment of the NHS health service.[59]

British Asian Muslims faced discrimination and racism following Enoch Powell's Rivers of Blood speech and the establishment of the National Front in the late 1960s. This included overt racism in the form of Paki bashing, predominantly from white power skinheads, the National Front, and the British National Party, throughout the 1970s and 1980s.[60] Drawing inspiration from the Indian independence movement, the black power movement, and the anti-apartheid movement, young British Pakistani and British Bangladeshi activists began a number of anti-racist Asian youth movements in the 1970s and 1980s, including the Bradford Youth Movement in 1977, the Bangladeshi Youth Movement following the murder of Altab Ali in 1978, and the Newham Youth Movement following the murder of Akhtar Ali Baig in 1980

So many Muslims in the country from the time I was born and no extremism until very recently, so integration has always been happening and working here, what we have in recent years is some undesirables sneaking through the cracks coerced and supported by people unknown (by us at least) in far away lands intent on revenge (no doubt in part from our actions in the middle east) or some master plan of Muslim supremacy. I don't deny that, what I deny it that all Muslims are just waiting for that to happen so they can rejoice and show their true colours.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So you ask what I base my claims on, then you don't read it and I'm the clueless idiot. Or you do read it, but say you don't, don't like what i said but can't be bother to post any counter argument just go back to your running me down calling me clueless mantra!

·
MKIV intervention needed
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,479
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-14/ilargi-meijer-blasts-britains-baby-trump-blimp-distraction

And you know, what’s so bad about a blimp? Innocent enough, right? Here’s the thing: their own government loves for them to protest Trump and feel good about the ‘courage’ evidenced by allowing the blimp up in the sky, surely a sign of an open democracy and all.

Their own government loves it all because it means they won’t be protesting its own actions, its own cruelty and incompetence. Does nobody at all over there understand that it’s empty and hollow and inane to protest the visit of a foreign leader while your own leaders are guilty of much worse than he is, and have been for decades if not centuries?

Has nobody learned anything from the Windrush openly racist scandal? How many Britons have protested their nation’s involvement in bombing the Middle East to ruins over the past few decades, killing millions of people? The separation of migrant children from their parents? Who the f*ck are you guys to launch a Baby Trump Blimp? Have you lost any and all control of your faculties?

Your present government is turning your immediate future into a nightmare, twisting the Brexit vote into something that you never intended, not even on purpose, but on sheer incompetence. Come March 29 2019, you’ll fall off a steep cliff in Dover as a country, and it won’t be due to Trump. It’ll be your own doing.

Clean up your own home first before you start criticizing other people’s abodes. The entire British empire was always built on rape and pillage and murder. It still is, actively, as we speak. So sh*t the f*ck up about Trump. The hypocrisy exhibited by the Baby Trump Blimp is blinding and deafening.

Your country is a moral pig sty. It’s time you yourselves get in there and do the nasty work of cleaning it up, and get your hands very dirty in the process. Don’t try and point out that other countries, too, are full of dirt and shi*t and stink from here to Sunday.

None of your business, or at least not till you have your own house in order. You, too, stink up the entire neighborhood. I don’t really understand why nobody has come up with a very very insulting giant balloon portraying the Queen and her very very wrinkled 92 year-old ass, and flown it on the same day as the Baby Trump Blimp.

It’s times like these that make me despair for mankind more than any others, because they show how easily and how readily people can be manipulated, while convinced they’re expressing their own emotions and opinions. Yeah, sure, blame your feelings of discomfort and unhappiness on somebody else. Today it’s Trump, tomorrow it’s Putin’s turn again. Novichok. Yada yada.

Britain has been responsible for the death and suffering of millions upon millions of people around the world through its insane and megalomaniac idea of building an empire. These days it can’t even hold its own country together anymore. Good riddance.

So what do you do then? You cheer a blimp that seeks to degrade someone, because that’s all you have left to do to make yourselves feel less despondent about your own sad existence.

No, Trump should never have been the US President, a country of 320 million people surely should have someone, anyone better than him to lead the country, But that’s not your territory. Yours is who leads your own nation. And Theresa May is as bad as the Donald is. Easily.

Like Tony Blair was before her, and David Cameron. You’ve been had and conned by your media -all of them- and your politicians, for many many years, Britain. Your problems won’t vanish until you open your eyes. And cheering a blimp is just another way to prevent you from opening them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I can only assume this is directed at me? I really don't see how you can get so angry, I don't think I've said much at all negative about america? or said we are perfect, I merely came on to refute the Syrian take over/Muslim crisis claim as per the thread title?

Whereas I get continually insulted and now my country simply because you don't agree with my view point, I'm not even stating it as fact just that I don't see it and neither do my peer group as a huge issue. Then you pile in all manner of issues I've not commented on suggesting I somehow represent everything that happens in Britain that you dislike? I am just a bloke living in a nice country going about my days and I'm not sure how me not thinking Muslims are out to get my country has fueled such vitriol?

A nappy blimp is childish/disrespectful in my view but some think this is exactly what Trump is hence its creation, however as posted in the earlier thread some Brits with some cash wanted to test our mayor to see if he'd approve a similar blimp of himself. So right there you have both sides of an argument, people fighting fire with fire and supporting Trump as I said from the start he is a polarising character, with polarising ideas is he not?

I have a thick skin but can't be held responsible for or expected to defend the actions of all of those in my nation anymore than you can yours.

3461 - 3480 of 3567 Posts