Supra Forums banner

3481 - 3500 of 3567 Posts

·
Trust In Trance
780 Posts
Hungary follows US in pulling out of UN migration pact

Hungary's right-wing government is withdrawing from a United Nations pact on migration, saying the global deal encourages movements of people which are "dangerous for the world".

After 18 months of negotiations, the draft for the Global Compact for Migration was approved on Friday by 191 UN member nations, but not the United States, which withdrew in December saying it was "inconsistent" with its "immigration and refugee policies".

Hungary, whose Prime Minister Viktor Orban won a third consecutive term in April on a fiercely anti-migration platform, decided not to sign the final document at a ceremony in Morocco in December.

Peter Szijjarto, Hungary's foreign minister, said on Wednesday that the document is "entirely against Hungary's security interests".

"Its main premise is that migration is a good and inevitable phenomenon. We consider migration a bad process, which has extremely serious security implications," Szijjarto said after a cabinet meeting in the capital, Budapest.

"Hungary must step out of the approval process, and by doing so, make it clear that in no way does it consider any measure or guideline of the package to be the way forward," he added.

Szijjarto said the country's proposals were brushed aside during the debate of the document, which he said mostly favoured the interests of African and Latin American countries.
Global deal

The text of the new treaty aims to create a worldwide framework for managing migration.

The pact is billed as the first international document on managing migration. It lays out 23 objectives to open up legal migration and better manage flows of people as the number on the move worldwide has increased to about 250 million.

Negotiations faced hurdles over how to address irregular migration, with some governments insisting that migrants who are not properly registered be returned to their countries of origin.

Szijjarto said Hungary did not trust that the pact is "legally non-binding" as stated in the document's final version.

During his election campaign, Orban promised to stop the flow of refugees and migrants into Hungary and decried the so-called "Islamisation" of Europe.

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,237 Posts
^ Hungary, along with other Eastern European countries have a first hand Experience of "peaceful" religion. Their grand-kids will thank them, when rest of Europe will turn into France.

·
Trust In Trance
780 Posts
Scooter and his (grand)kids will learn the hard way.

They are having problems with only 3-4% of muslim population. They have no idea what will happen if/when muslim population reaches 30%. When their people starts being fed up with rape, murder, Sharia law, pushed to convert to Islam, to be told to "GTFO of their own country", etc .....Then i will tell them that they are being "Islamophobs" and that they should enjoy diversity.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Scooter and his (grand)kids will learn the hard way.

They are having problems with only 3-4% of muslim population. They have no idea what will happen if/when muslim population reaches 30%. When their people starts being fed up with rape, murder, Sharia law, pushed to convert to Islam, to be told to "GTFO of their own country", etc .....Then i will tell them that they are being "Islamophobs" and that they should enjoy diversity.
It's speculation what will happen in the years to come, do you fear for your grand/great grand kids in America?

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2018/05/being-muslim-in-america/

This story seems to reflect the other side of the reality here as well as stateside.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
It's speculation what will happen in the years to come, do you fear for your grand/great grand kids in America?

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/magazine/2018/05/being-muslim-in-america/

This story seems to reflect the other side of the reality here as well as stateside.

don't believe the bullshit, 75% truths are what get people believing the wrong things

had issued an executive order aimed at barring anyone arriving from seven Muslim-majority countries.
since when were North korea, Venezuela muslim majority countries?

and only pointing this out but not mentioning the reason why they were banned from arriving, even under obama who had started the process of determining who to block, is idiotic and obviously biased.

bullshit writer for a bullshit article.

I do love the one way thought they have though. as a muslim one woman in the story claims she is fearful to go anywhere alone because ...

He’s watched as they have distanced themselves from the faith after being bullied at school and called terrorists. Nudrat, Akhter’s wife, a real estate agent, is afraid to show homes on her own now. “There are times I don’t feel safe; sometimes I go with him,” she says, pointing to her husband.

She’s worried people might react badly to her head scarf. There have been incidents that shocked her.

so she can generalize because a few people go out of their way to mess with her. but it's ok for her to assume EVERYBODY who doesn't look like her, is going to assault her or something.

sounds like she found out shes just like the people she doesn't like here.

edit: also, for a good laugh, read about what it's like for americans to go into muslim majority countries that have law based on their religion. Good luck.

·
I'm your huckleberry...
1,964 Posts

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,237 Posts
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/family-says-suspect-in-toronto-shooting-had-mental-problems/2018/07/23/2d061acc-8ed6-11e8-ae59-01880eac5f1d_story.html?utm_term=.f83cba6e863e

Wash post, really, no clues as to why Faisal Hussain decided to go ape shit? It cant be religion, maybe its Trumps fault again?

TORONTO — Canadian investigators are digging into the life of a 29-year-old man, seeking to explain what prompted him to fire a handgun into restaurants and cafes in a lively Toronto neighborhood, killing a girl and a young woman and wounding 13 others.

The Ministry of Public Safety on Tuesday knocked down suspicions that gunman Faisal Hussain had any link to terrorism.

“At this time, there is no national-security nexus to the investigation,” said Hilary Peirce, a spokeswoman for Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale.

·
Registered
35 Posts
don't believe the bullshit, 75% truths are what get people believing the wrong things

since when were North korea, Venezuela muslim majority countries?

and only pointing this out but not mentioning the reason why they were banned from arriving, even under obama who had started the process of determining who to block, is idiotic and obviously biased.

bullshit writer for a bullshit article.
I don't believe anything and everything I read I try and interpret all of what is put before me (more than ever these days there is so much information out there and effectively support for your 'truth' however unlikely/downright false - I mean flat earthers anyone!!??). I simply posted this link because previously all the links were by equally biased writers, but biased in the ways that mirrored the posters views. You see they as well as I can be blinded to the truth, what even is the truth? some foreign people want to live a nice life in their own country, some want to come to our countries to live a nice life and some want to kill us for some reason. I would say the links posted are not representative of the proportions involved. I'm sure I would put a far lower % on those that want to kill us than other posters.

I do love the one way thought they have though. as a muslim one woman in the story claims she is fearful to go anywhere alone because ...

so she can generalize because a few people go out of their way to mess with her. but it's ok for her to assume EVERYBODY who doesn't look like her, is going to assault her or something.

sounds like she found out shes just like the people she doesn't like here.
This is a prefect example of how tensions can build, we see the odd atrocity reported on the news we don't experience sneers or comments when we pop to the shops, if you make these meek and mild genuine citizens grow into an enemy that's all they will/can ever be?

edit: also, for a good laugh, read about what it's like for americans to go into muslim majority countries that have law based on their religion. Good luck.
But this is precisely why we shouldn't be like them, we are meant to be forward thinking, we are better than that, we try and lead by example in treating them better than we would be treated ourselves?

How others conduct themselves should not determine how we conduct ourselves.........

3481 - 3500 of 3567 Posts