Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
A.E. Motorsports
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it took 80000 miles but I think the turbo has had it. No black smoke, no complete lack of boost. Just a slow and steady progession of spooling slower, weaker, horrible milage (11 mpg on a good day now, used to be 18), and that annoying as hell ''meow'' whenever I tun it off too soon. Ohhhh load, what is I gonna do!!!
I want to know what is the harm in driving it to death? Will it hurt anything else before it start eating oil of course? Its gonna be a while before I can fix this one! Prolly just go garrett after this and a full rebuild, which is what's gonna take so long. I don't think I could stand to see it and not drive it!! Its so beautiful, if you want to see it go to ae-motorsports.com members, I'm Rob H.
Thanks for any help and
ILL NEVER SELL!!! She may not be the fastest car I've ever owned but she's the most fun!!! (Yes I once had a fat girlfriend LOL)

·
Registered
471 Posts
I have some extra turbos. I can sell you one. I wouldnt drive it too much like that though

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Hmmm, I have a spare CT at the house, maybe I should get it rebuild and upgraded now before this happens to me. Sorry for your luck man.

·
90T
466 Posts
If the bearing fails in the CHRA the compressor blades can hit the housing and you will have metal chunks running through your engine.

Have you measured the shaft play to confirm it is bad?

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
im not sure how a bad turbo would affect mileage...

~scott

·
Registered
308 Posts
stock turbo crapping out? time to upgrade! thats what i did... but then 100 miles later my oil pump crapped out on me and its knocking now.............. :cry:

·
A.E. Motorsports
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok ok I don't think its as bad as I made it sound. I fixed the milage problem... I started letting other cars go faster than me at lights hehe. And as far as the spool and boost its just not what it used to be, I hit 9psi stock (ddp and intake). And that's usualy up by 3000rpm. But when I first did my mods it would hit feulcut by 2800. Maybe its a tccs problem. I checked the shaft play and it feels like just a little more than the skin on your fingers giving if than makes sense. Its still does the meow sometimes, but I broke down and got an hks tt. As long as I set it for 2.30 its about 25% it'll do it. Sorry for posting like the world ended but guess I needed to vent.
Sniffle, thanks for listening, sniffle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts